2010 Fusion Order Guide

ice-capades

2010 Ford Fusion Order Guide

Updated with vehicle pricing information including Fusion Model, Rapid Spec & Option prices!

Thanks. It's good to see that the numbers that my dealer gave me :blah: when I ordered were accurate. Looking forward to it coming in, hopefully in April. :stats:

That also had me thinking about whether financially it made sense. The price I was given was $32,195 for a hybrid, and it looks like comparable SEL is $28,270, for a hybrid premium of $3,925. (In actuality, it'd probably be more since I think non-hybrids would probably get additional discounts.) Given that, to my slight dismay, it appears that Ford probably sold its 60,000th retail hybrid sometime in December, by the time the vehicle arrives, the hybrid tax break would probably only be 50%, and I am estimating about $1,300 as a result. That cuts the difference to $2,625.

I drive about 25,000 miles per year, with about 85% of it being highway. If the EPA numbers that Ford announced are accurate (41/36 city/highway for the hybrid, 23/34 for the gas), that'd mean that I'd end up using 590 gallons on the highway and 77 gallons on city streets, for a total of 667. For a gas Fusion, it'd be 625 gallons on the highway and 137 gallons on city streets, for a total of 762 -- a 95-gallon difference. If gas prices are at $2.50 per gallon, which is what I expect to see shortly here in California, the gas savings is $237.50 per year, while if it goes up to $4.00 per gallon, the gas savings is $380 per year. In other words, I'm not going to make back the price difference. :blush: (I had not initially anticipated that the hybrid tax credit would begin to phase out this quickly -- and it still might not -- it depends on how many Escape/Mariner hybrids that Ford sold in the fourth quarter are actually retail; I'll clearly make the money back if the hybrid tax credit remains at 100% for me, I think.)

However, I don't know if anyone has experience as to whether maintenance costs of a hybrid is going to be lower than the conventional version. It looks like that it'd have to go in for maintenance roughly only half as much, but I also don't know if the cost of each visit is going to be twice or more as much. Hopefully not, in which case even just money-wise, the hybrid pays itself off financially even without the hybrid tax credit at all. If it costs twice or more as much, then that is no savings as far as money is concerned, although it does save time, which is important as well.

Thoughts?

Edited by nelsonlu

Thanks. It's good to see that the numbers that my dealer gave me :blah: when I ordered were accurate. Looking forward to it coming in, hopefully in April. :stats:

That also had me thinking about whether financially it made sense. The price I was given was $32,195 for a hybrid, and it looks like comparable SEL is $28,270, for a hybrid premium of $3,925. (In actuality, it'd probably be more since I think non-hybrids would probably get additional discounts.) Given that, to my slight dismay, it appears that Ford probably sold its 60,000th retail hybrid sometime in December, by the time the vehicle arrives, the hybrid tax break would probably only be 50%, and I am estimating about $1,300 as a result. That cuts the difference to $2,625.

I drive about 25,000 miles per year, with about 85% of it being highway. If the EPA numbers that Ford announced are accurate (41/36 city/highway for the hybrid, 23/34 for the gas), that'd mean that I'd end up using 590 gallons on the highway and 77 gallons on city streets, for a total of 667. For a gas Fusion, it'd be 625 gallons on the highway and 137 gallons on city streets, for a total of 762 -- a 95-gallon difference. If gas prices are at $2.50 per gallon, which is what I expect to see shortly here in California, the gas savings is $237.50 per year, while if it goes up to $4.00 per gallon, the gas savings is $380 per year. In other words, I'm not going to make back the price difference. :blush: (I had not initially anticipated that the hybrid tax credit would begin to phase out this quickly -- and it still might not -- it depends on how many Escape/Mariner hybrids that Ford sold in the fourth quarter are actually retail; I'll clearly make the money back if the hybrid tax credit remains at 100% for me, I think.)

However, I don't know if anyone has experience as to whether maintenance costs of a hybrid is going to be lower than the conventional version. It looks like that it'd have to go in for maintenance roughly only half as much, but I also don't know if the cost of each visit is going to be twice or more as much. Hopefully not, in which case even just money-wise, the hybrid pays itself off financially even without the hybrid tax credit at all. If it costs twice or more as much, then that is no savings as far as money is concerned, although it does save time, which is important as well.

Thoughts?

I believe the only major difference would be the brakes lasting much longer due to the regenerative braking.

Glad to see that cloth seats are still available on the SEL. Wish the manual transmission was too.

2010 Ford Fusion Order Guide

Updated with vehicle pricing information including Fusion Model, Rapid Spec & Option prices!

I'm pissed. It looks like I can't get heated leather on the Sport unless I get the $4,000 package ($3,000 after discount) which includes the moonroof? I am 6' 2" and don't want the moonroof. It takes away too much headroom. And I don't want the BLIS or the rear camera. This is real packaging bullsh!t, something Nissan does. If you want one little option you have to but a wildly expensive package full of crap. Stupid, stupid, stupid. :banghead:

I'm pissed. It looks like I can't get heated leather on the Sport unless I get the $4,000 package ($3,000 after discount) which includes the moonroof? I am 6' 2" and don't want the moonroof. It takes away too much headroom. And I don't want the BLIS or the rear camera. This is real packaging bullsh!t, something Nissan does. If you want one little option you have to but a wildly expensive package full of crap. Stupid, stupid, stupid. :banghead:

SEL not powerful enough for you? You can always get the Lincoln MKZ without the moonroof. The price should come out about the same.

I believe the only major difference would be the brakes lasting much longer due to the regenerative braking.

Glad to see that cloth seats are still available on the SEL. Wish the manual transmission was too.

The cloth seats are only available as a delete on the SEL with a valid Fleet Identification Code.

Also, the manual transmission was deleted on the SEL in 2009.

Get used to it. And more than just Nissan does it.

Thoughts?

I drive in a similar manner (I average about 30,000 miles a year). The dealers whom I get my services from all suggest that it's not worth it for mainly highway driving.

As for maintenance, one dealer advised me there are scenarios where you will need two service technicians: one who conducts the work; and the other who holds the grounding strap/pole. That could mean there are times a more complex repair will require a higher labour.

To the OP: Thanks for posting the guide. It's looking that I might get a Fusion SEL. The one thing I'm just wondering is Ford stated they would have some sort of fuel management system where aggressive deceleration will cause the fuel to be cut off, and that would be available later in 2010. Is there any rumblings about when exactly that will come into production?

To the OP: Thanks for posting the guide. It's looking that I might get a Fusion SEL. The one thing I'm just wondering is Ford stated they would have some sort of fuel management system where aggressive deceleration will cause the fuel to be cut off, and that would be available later in 2010. Is there any rumblings about when exactly that will come into production?

According to this article from the Ford site,

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=29450

it implies that the 3.0 V-6 will have the Aggressive Deceleration Fuel Shut-off on all engines produced for the 2010 Fusion. It does say the technology will be applied to the 2.5 I-4 later in the 2010 model year, but does not give an exact date. I went to the annual Auto Show today where I live and they were also bragging about this technology on the 2010 Fusion 3.0.

According to this article from the Ford site,

http://media.ford.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=29450

it implies that the 3.0 V-6 will have the Aggressive Deceleration Fuel Shut-off on all engines produced for the 2010 Fusion. It does say the technology will be applied to the 2.5 I-4 later in the 2010 model year, but does not give an exact date. I went to the annual Auto Show today where I live and they were also bragging about this technology on the 2010 Fusion 3.0.

That's probably the same article I read.

Assuming the I-4 will suit my needs and feel behind the wheel, I'm just wondering whether it'd be worthwhile (mainly from the $ side) to hold off a few months to get the feature. I can see it being useful when I have to slow down for an off-ramp or traffic jams (despite all efforts to drive to the conditions, looking ahead, blah blah blah).

• 2 weeks later...
Related note/question:

Does anyone have access or know about the Canadian options? I'm hearing some limited packaging options (like AWD only being sold as Sport models).

Only a dealer in the Canadian region would have access to the Canadian order guides; I don't know if there are any posting to this site. Although I did hear somewhere that the Sport will only be sold as AWD in Canada.

• 2 weeks later...
Only a dealer in the Canadian region would have access to the Canadian order guides; I don't know if there are any posting to this site. Although I did hear somewhere that the Sport will only be sold as AWD in Canada.

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to have a Sport quoted up. I only had the dealer quote me up the SEL I-4 with the automatic. Their optioning system didn't show the 18-inch wheels as an option :( I'm still reeling from sticker shock (over $30K with every single option).

Thanks.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to have a Sport quoted up. I only had the dealer quote me up the SEL I-4 with the automatic. Their optioning system didn't show the 18-inch wheels as an option :( I'm still reeling from sticker shock (over $30K with every single option).

If you are speaking about the Sport package, 18 inch wheels are standard. On the SEL, 17 inch wheels are standard, with 18 inch wheels optional, which includes sport tuned suspension as in previous years.

I've been reading Blue Oval News forums since 2007 and finally decided to join up today. One look at the 2010 Fusion and I decided I had to have one. A fellow at work has an 09, which is nice, but the styling and drive train changes for 2010 really put it over the top for me. If the numbers add up, I've decided to trade my 07 Freestyle SEL with 14150 miles and purchase a Sport Blue, I-4 SEL with the Moon and Tune Package. With my driving habits I don't need a V6 and the possibility of getting 40+ mpg sounds good to me. Despite all the bad ink the Freestyle has received I like mine. It's a great car, lots of room for golf clubs, ladders, home improvement materials and such. I never thought it was a great looker, more utilitarian, but one look at the new Fusion and... I went to my dealer today and the salesman couldn't give me any info, no brochure, no offer of early orders, nothing. I've gotten more info from this forum in an hour than he gave me. Armed with the Rapid Spec Pricing and Pricing Plans I feel I'm already on my way. The info in this forum is so helpful and all of you provide excellent advice. I hope I can contribute to the discussion and look forward to reading all your posts.

I've been reading Blue Oval News forums since 2007 and finally decided to join up today. One look at the 2010 Fusion and I decided I had to have one. A fellow at work has an 09, which is nice, but the styling and drive train changes for 2010 really put it over the top for me. If the numbers add up, I've decided to trade my 07 Freestyle SEL with 14150 miles and purchase a Sport Blue, I-4 SEL with the Moon and Tune Package. With my driving habits I don't need a V6 and the possibility of getting 40+ mpg sounds good to me. Despite all the bad ink the Freestyle has received I like mine. It's a great car, lots of room for golf clubs, ladders, home improvement materials and such. I never thought it was a great looker, more utilitarian, but one look at the new Fusion and... I went to my dealer today and the salesman couldn't give me any info, no brochure, no offer of early orders, nothing. I've gotten more info from this forum in an hour than he gave me. Armed with the Rapid Spec Pricing and Pricing Plans I feel I'm already on my way. The info in this forum is so helpful and all of you provide excellent advice. I hope I can contribute to the discussion and look forward to reading all your posts.

Good to hear and congrats on your choice. I think a lot of people are looking forward to getting their hands on the 2010 Fusion.

Your dealer should be able to quickly look up the info and place an order. Or at least mine was; even though it was the dealer's first customer order for the new model, he was extremely helpful with the order process. You might talk to another salesperson or go to another dealer if you don't have any luck. You could even print out the order guide posted in this forum and show it to the salesperson. ;-).

Good to hear and congrats on your choice. I think a lot of people are looking forward to getting their hands on the 2010 Fusion.

Your dealer should be able to quickly look up the info and place an order. Or at least mine was; even though it was the dealer's first customer order for the new model, he was extremely helpful with the order process. You might talk to another salesperson or go to another dealer if you don't have any luck. You could even print out the order guide posted in this forum and show it to the salesperson. ;-).

I threw out some internet requests yesterday and got back several responses. Two offered early ordering. No question I bringing in the order guide, hopefully several quotes and an Edmund's used car appraisal for my Freestyle. After they give me a price, I'll counter with $24835.00 (before dealer add ons) to see if they'll bite. That's half way between MSRP and dealer invoice. As close as I can figure the MSRP is $25595.00. My guess is there won't be too many, or any discounts or incentives, maybe 0% financing. My first choice has changed to: Sangria Red, black leather, moon and tune, remote start and molded splash guards. Nice!!

• 4 weeks later...

I went from a contour to a nissan altima and now I want back to a fusion so I can support American manufacturers. I agree, Nissan forces you to get a lot of things you don't want to get either leather or a moon roof. I also wished I could get a sport with heated seats and mirrors (I wonder if they are pre-wired for the lighted/heated ones already so all you hve to do it swap them out) and possibley climate control without having too get a 4k package with rear camara and all the other things a driver should be doing anyway! As it looks, I will most likely get a sport with the 401 rapid spec package since it gets me almost where I want to be. Fortunately, I found out that I can use my 17" altima rims on the fusion (less tps monitoring) so I don't need to get new rims for my winter tires. Now if the only had HID lights as an option. I guess I can swap out the H11LL for a set of aftermarket ones. Access appears to be thru the wheel wells like my wife's newer altima.

Edited by pcsgrp35se