OHAP Plant Problems

fatboy101

I like to know where did all the water coolers that were at lorain went to when we have areas at ohap without water for us to drink I hear nick gave them away and the union is telling people that OSHA did'nt want them in our plant they allowed them in lorain so why lie to us nick we called osha they don't have a problem with ohap having water coolers

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dude you aint at Lorain no more! You aint gonna see no one until election time. Then watch how they lie and blame everyone else for what they aint done. Biggest for that are Ed Baire and Freddie Pena. There doing it allready. If your in Trim on nites how many times you seen Ed or Freddie? And come election time theyll say anything to keep from going back to the line! And newsflash - Detroit don't care about us. Never did. And appointed reps doing anything in our plant! What ajoke! They aint there to work just to collect there free money!

You'd want to drink that stuff? I would suggest bringing in a few bottles of your own stuff. ;)

Post #196

BlueOval New Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Member No.: 21,554

QUOTE(coconut @ Jan 17 2006, 06:17 AM)

First of all, I'm in GEN so I don't have first hand experience with the conditions you guys speak of, but at orientation the FIRST thing I noticed was the lack of emergency stop buttons. What if someone gets hurt? I asked. How can you stop the line if someone (God forbid) is caught in a chain? Nobody has an answer just hmmm. That's a good point. All I can say is this: if you need a committeeman and none can be found, call your chairman Nick at 933-1660. If he can't be reached or his mailbox is full, call labor relations at 933-1215- this is security so just ask for whoever you want by name or tell the labor rep that you need a committee man and none can be found. From what I heard at the union meeting this situation is atrocious. You have a building that is unsafe to work in coupled with the lack of emergency safety measures. On top of that you have an inadequate medical personnel- nurse Ed said there is ONE nurse on duty for ALL of night shift when the standard is ONE nurse per 500 people... I agree with the brother at the meeting who said that the UNION should not have let us work one houR in that plant until safety was up to par. What's a few weeks of layoff and sub pay to save life and limb?! I've practically given up on depending on the grand ole UAW to save me... on an international level they've encouraged us to give back ironclad benefits to help the company, superceding our OWN contract in the process... and we all know what is done (or not done) on the local level. Take your life in your own hands. Start dialing some numbers, be it committeemen, labor relations, OSHA or hey- the media if it helps. But the bottom line is IF your job is lethally unsafe- refuse to do it. That's your right.

coconut i have to agree with you the union at ohap don't care to many safety problems your right nick should have not let us start working there until the job was done chester and linda the safety people here should not bought off on letting us work in the plant until the work was done and safe for us, you were at the meeting when dino got up to the mic and ask nick with all the safety problems where are tom bazley and robert gonzales why are'nt there at OHAP helping us, nick reply there local put in for them to stay at lorain til april 1ST what nick did'nt know that robert gonzlez was at the meeting, gonzalez was walking up to the mic but they had a lady try to ajour the meeting gonzales saiad no and the people said no, gonzales told nick that the only people granted to stay at lorain was jack, cooper, scavio,kate, that they were told by paul quick from the international to report to OHAP on the 3rd when nick was told before xmas vacation nick threw a fit and told labor that he did'nt want them at OHAP gonzales also told nick there being paid 8hrs a day to do nothing when they should being helping our people at ohap and taking care of the safey problems until the international decides what there going to do with them, nick did'nt defend the lie he told the membership nor did he invited bazley or gonzles to help nick cares alright ha, done waste your time calling our union they sold us out call ! osha

One Honest Worker!!!!

Sounds like the only thing you want to do - IS NOT WORK!!!! :huh:

Mentality like yours shut your plant down.

You just got here and you already want to shut our plant down? :blink:

Nick told you at the Union meeting.......if it's unsafe for you to work....then you should refuse to work!!!

DID HE NOT MAKE HIMSELF CLEAR??????? :blink:

Let's just delay the Launch of the vehicle for your whining ass.

I am sure Ford and the customers will understand. I am sure we won't lose our segment leading 50% market share.

If it was unsafe, you would not be working! BOTTOM LINE!

There are a few details to iron out, but nothing that can't be worked out while we are running. If you don't want to work, sign up for a Quit Package and get the fuck out. If you think your going to come to our plant and tell us how fucked up we are, you have got another thing coming. I suggest you either shut up, or get out.

If your job is so fucking unsafe, walk off of it and quit your bitching. <_<

HEY, WHAT HAPPENED TO THE GUY WITH THE BABY WIPES?

LOOKS LIKE THE BABIES NEED SOME WA WA!!

I like to know where did all the water coolers that were at lorain went to when we have areas at ohap without water for us to drink I hear nick gave them away and the union is telling people that OSHA did'nt want them in our plant they allowed them in lorain so why lie to us nick we called osha they don't have a problem with ohap having water coolers

Who told you that Nick gave away the water coolers? And what person on structure told you that OSHA wouldn't allow the coolers in?? Your credibility goes right out the window with this "I heard" and "a little bird told me" shit, if you have a name use it otherwise your post is crap. If you are thirsty go get a drink of water. If the line starts shutting down because someone is walking 75 feet to get a drink I believe the comapny will provide you with water. And think about that OSHA comment. No bubblers, but the union busts it's collective ass to get the company to have ARA provide coolers. Hell makes sense to me.

Who told you that Nick gave away the water coolers? And what person on structure told you that OSHA wouldn't allow the coolers in?? Your credibility goes right out the window with this "I heard" and "a little bird told me" shit, if you have a name use it otherwise your post is crap. If you are thirsty go get a drink of water. If the line starts shutting down because someone is walking 75 feet to get a drink I believe the comapny will provide you with water. And think about that OSHA comment. No bubblers, but the union busts it's collective ass to get the company to have ARA provide coolers. Hell makes sense to me.

Sure this is gonna make sense to a guy who aint been on the line since who knows when. You dont have to worry about trying to get a drink of water. You damned sure aint been missing no meals. When your dealing with the shit were dealing with on the line and everything fucked up like it is then you can say something but as long as your sitting on your fat ass you need to shut the fuck up and quit posting your crap. You want to talk about somebody who aint got no credibility maybe we need to start with you.

needtoknow is right look ben davy you are the ergo person in our plant and nick gave you your job and we expect you to kiss his ass ! but the fact is that you union persons don't work on the line so you don't care or else you would'nt say what you posted all you do is sit on your fat ass and get fatter, where are the water coolers if you fought for them still in lorain where there not needed ! how about the ergo matting fat man I hope they give nick a international so Tim Rowe can be the next chairman and he take some of you non union rep's out of office and your fat ass will be the frist to cry about your feet hurting you on a 10 hr. day and crying about not being able to have a water cooler close to you so you could drink water, by the way I have always work here at OHAP enjoy your job while you still have yours, nick is on his way out the people from lorain are good people and get along with us here and their part of our family now, were one an we will all fight and vote as one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tim Rowe !!!!! Electroglide your an asshole. Do you want to bring LAP bullshit to OHAP. Everyone please don't fall for this shit. Tim Rowe is one hell of a nice guy but he is company soft and will cave in. He gave away the farm at LAP that is why we got stuck with Jack. You know what they say nice guys finish last, well it is true.

Tims brother Tom has balls, if you want to put a Rowe in charge maybe you should look at him.

Anyway I'm leaving April 1 so I don't really care, but do yourselfs a favor don't make the mistake of putting Tim Rowe in as President. First thing to go will be your job bids. Tim believes in job solictites within the department. This sucks believe me. We did have water coolers, the alge was free.

On another subject, looking around the plant I agree with most of you. The place never should have opened up. It wasn't ready and still is not. OSHA should shut it down just for the shit laying around outside. Ford don't care all they want is numbers. Go ask the guys on the CAL line. They are being told to buy everything off. The foremans famos last words are its just a truck the people that buy these vans don't care about quality.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Later Kids

Tim Rowe !!!!! Electroglide your an asshole. Do you want to bring LAP bullshit to OHAP. Everyone please don't fall for this shit. Tim Rowe is one hell of a nice guy but he is company soft and will cave in. He gave away the farm at LAP that is why we got stuck with Jack. You know what they say nice guys finish last, well it is true.

Tims brother Tom has balls, if you want to put a Rowe in charge maybe you should look at him.

Anyway I'm leaving April 1 so I don't really care, but do yourselfs a favor don't make the mistake of putting Tim Rowe in as President. First thing to go will be your job bids. Tim believes in job solictites within the department. This sucks believe me. We did have water coolers, the alge was free.

On another subject, looking around the plant I agree with most of you. The place never should have opened up. It wasn't ready and still is not. OSHA should shut it down just for the shit laying around outside. Ford don't care all they want is numbers. Go ask the guys on the CAL line. They are being told to buy everything off. The foremans famos last words are its just a truck the people that buy these vans don't care about quality.

Later Kids

The only thing Tim eliminated were the secondary openings being filled with the company and unions buddies. Tim made all classified jobs go up for bid with the whole bargaining unit signing the mat form. The only solictations were for labor pool jobs that weren't bidable. Get your facts straight.

Sure this is gonna make sense to a guy who aint been on the line since who knows when. You dont have to worry about trying to get a drink of water. You damned sure aint been missing no meals. When your dealing with the shit were dealing with on the line and everything fucked up like it is then you can say something but as long as your sitting on your fat ass you need to shut the fuck up and quit posting your crap. You want to talk about somebody who aint got no credibility maybe we need to start with you.

DUDE you aren't on the line either. Unlike you though I do still remember what it is like to work the line and how to get a damned drink if I want one. If the company decides that they want you to walk 4 blocks for a drink, walk the goddamn 4 blocks. Once the line starts shutting down or the units go down the line uncompleted they will start putting water in a more convenient spot. As for the rest of you rant you either have no idea what the fuck you are talking about or you have a political agenda contrary to the welfare of our membership.

needtoknow is right look ben davy you are the ergo person in our plant and nick gave you your job and we expect you to kiss his ass ! but the fact is that you union persons don't work on the line so you don't care or else you would'nt say what you posted all you do is sit on your fat ass and get fatter, where are the water coolers if you fought for them still in lorain where there not needed ! how about the ergo matting fat man I hope they give nick a international so Tim Rowe can be the next chairman and he take some of you non union rep's out of office and your fat ass will be the frist to cry about your feet hurting you on a 10 hr. day and crying about not being able to have a water cooler close to you so you could drink water, by the way I have always work here at OHAP enjoy your job while you still have yours, nick is on his way out the people from lorain are good people and get along with us here and their part of our family now, were one an we will all fight and vote as one !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please read the statement before responding. The structure, Nick and the elected people, fought to get you water at OHAP from ARA. No one said a thing about this structure bringing anything from Lorain. The comfart matting isse is still being adressed. The company would like to put 3/4' plywood throughout the plant claiming that it is better than comfort matting. My posisiton is that there is no science to back up that position therefore there is no reason to change from comfort matting. Ranting at me will not help get the matting any faster, asking your supervisor for it, or requesting it in your CIWG meetings may help. Now you have a decision to make continue to play politics or take an active role in helping to solve the problem. Does anyone want to bet on which choice ole electraglide makes??

A little word of warning: If you people keep posting your plants "dirty laundry" for everyone to read; your facility will get a bad reputation and negative thoughts throughout the Ford system. Then maybe YOUR plant will shutdown and someone elses will stay open. Keep your dirty laundry inside where it belongs or you will be sorry!

A little word of warning: If you people keep posting your plants "dirty laundry" for everyone to read; your facility will get a bad reputation and negative thoughts throughout the Ford system. Then maybe YOUR plant will shutdown and someone elses will stay open. Keep your dirty laundry inside where it belongs or you will be sorry!

THANK YOU MR. WILLIAM FORD

The company would like to put 3/4' plywood throughout the plant claiming that it is better than comfort matting.

Just wanted to let you know that our plant had that ergo or "comfort" matting all over the place. Sure it was comfy until we all starting having problems with out knees. Now most areas have the 3/4" plywood over concreate......much better. It's cleaner too. Much easier to sweep the dust up than off that ergo stuff.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is definitly a place for the anti-slip rubber matting like over steel grates in areas such as rad fill, gas fill, powersteering fill, ac fill, transmission fill, etc. Also, ergo matting over concreate would be preferable to just contreate I guess...But myself and MANY others in our plant much prefer the plywood.

Hope my perspective helped you out.

youngSTAP

It amazes me that people like you think that it is the role of the UAW chairman to secure you a drink of water. Nick has much bigger issues to negotiate, like keeping as many working as possible, which he has done a great job of securing. It was not Nicks job to go over to Lorain and pick up you peoples water bubblers. Ask your maintenance group, the ones that loaded up and transported all of the Lorain items to OHAP. My guess, there is many a bubbler in various garages as I write this post. I know this for a fact. Nick has made it very clear to all of you that if you are thirsty, go get a drink, regardless of where the closest fountain is, and he will support you 100%. You people should be ashamed of yourselves for bashing him, without even giving him a chance. There is no job more difficult in the entire UAW right now than Nicks, and he has handled it well. As it stands right now, we all have a secure job at OHAP for the forseeable future. Why don't we work to secure that permanently? It is going to take time to iron out all of the problems. Please remember, the union is not given the luxary of setting up the companies plants. Like it or not, Ford still owns the company. Nick has the obligation of making sure that they abide by what they have agreed to contractually, and I'll guarantee any of you that he will make sure that you will have the ability to get water. He can't force the company to go out and buy a bunch of water coolers though. Find a fountain that they have provided, and go get a drink. If it is too far for them, they'll make them more available to you. You people need to give this union structure a chance to work out these poroblems. Nick cares very deeply for this membership. He doesn't have a bunch of personal agendas wrapped up in his job such as children in appointed jobs, trades etc. There are many that believe in Nick and what he has done for the membership thus far, and believe that he will continue to improve our position as a local as time goes on. Be patient, you have no other choice.

Later Kids

Then if this is the case, why do they continue to pull jobs in from outside and re-run them down the CAL line, including Saturdays? We still have not shipped any of the trucks that have been built post consolidation. The reason? Because they want to make sure that they are of the highest quality. To suggest otherwise on this forum for all to see is wrong. You may be leaving April 1st., alot of the rest of us are sticking around. Please have more respect than to tarnish the reputation of our plant with things that are not true. This is not 1976. I am sure that if you had a supervisor instruct you to ship a unit that was less than acceptable quality wise, the union structure and operating committee would love to have heard about it and who the supervisor was. Did you call anyone and inform them? This is our future at stake, is it not?

As for the OSHA comments. Why would you want to punish the company that will fund your retirement? Do you not think that OSHA has already inspected the building and given the go ahead for them to start running? Why does junk laying around out in a vacant parking lot bother you? People like you that have been happy to stick around for 40 years feeding your family and clothing and educating your children with the Ford Motor Companies money, yet have no loyalty towards them at all make me sick. When was the last time that you tried to do anything to make this a better, safer place for all of us to work in, other than bitching and complaining to your co-workers? I sure hope you realize, since you are a company hater and wish for them to suffer financially for things that really don't affect any of us in the plant, that if this company someday ends up in bankruptcy court, you're pension that you plan to start collecting will be drastically reduced, just ask the steel workers, pilots, etc. Hope you've loaded your TESPHE.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Later old timer

Post #196

BlueOval New Member

Group: Blue Oval Members

Member No.: 21,554

QUOTE(coconut @ Jan 17 2006, 06:17 AM)

First of all, I'm in GEN so I don't have first hand experience with the conditions you guys speak of, but at orientation the FIRST thing I noticed was the lack of emergency stop buttons. What if someone gets hurt? I asked. How can you stop the line if someone (God forbid) is caught in a chain? Nobody has an answer just hmmm. That's a good point. All I can say is this: if you need a committeeman and none can be found, call your chairman Nick at 933-1660. If he can't be reached or his mailbox is full, call labor relations at 933-1215- this is security so just ask for whoever you want by name or tell the labor rep that you need a committee man and none can be found. From what I heard at the union meeting this situation is atrocious. You have a building that is unsafe to work in coupled with the lack of emergency safety measures. On top of that you have an inadequate medical personnel- nurse Ed said there is ONE nurse on duty for ALL of night shift when the standard is ONE nurse per 500 people... I agree with the brother at the meeting who said that the UNION should not have let us work one houR in that plant until safety was up to par. What's a few weeks of layoff and sub pay to save life and limb?! I've practically given up on depending on the grand ole UAW to save me... on an international level they've encouraged us to give back ironclad benefits to help the company, superceding our OWN contract in the process... and we all know what is done (or not done) on the local level. Take your life in your own hands. Start dialing some numbers, be it committeemen, labor relations, OSHA or hey- the media if it helps. But the bottom line is IF your job is lethally unsafe- refuse to do it. That's your right.

coconut i have to agree with you the union at ohap don't care to many safety problems your right nick should have not let us start working there until the job was done chester and linda the safety people here should not bought off on letting us work in the plant until the work was done and safe for us, you were at the meeting when dino got up to the mic and ask nick with all the safety problems where are tom bazley and robert gonzales why are'nt there at OHAP helping us, nick reply there local put in for them to stay at lorain til april 1ST what nick did'nt know that robert gonzlez was at the meeting, gonzalez was walking up to the mic but they had a lady try to ajour the meeting gonzales saiad no and the people said no, gonzales told nick that the only people granted to stay at lorain was jack, cooper, scavio,kate, that they were told by paul quick from the international to report to OHAP on the 3rd when nick was told before xmas vacation nick threw a fit and told labor that he did'nt want them at OHAP gonzales also told nick there being paid 8hrs a day to do nothing when they should being helping our people at ohap and taking care of the safey problems until the international decides what there going to do with them, nick did'nt defend the lie he told the membership nor did he invited bazley or gonzles to help nick cares alright ha, done waste your time calling our union they sold us out call ! osha

The appointed reps from Lorain no longer hold those jobs, deal with it. Lorain is closed, local 425 is history, and so are it's union reps. That's why they don't have these people on the floor helping. It is not their jobs. Why can't you people get that through your heads? Why don't you people try acting like grown adults, and following the advice of your chairman. If something is so unsafe that you feel your health is truly in danger, don't do the job. Get somebody down there to address your issue. These people can not do it all without you people standing up for yourselves too. If you are performing an operation that is truly unsafe and jeopardizes your health, then you have nobody to blame but yourself. We are all sick of hearing about how wonderful the union structure at Lorain was. Very simple: If the union at Lorain was so good and powerful, there would still be smoke coming from the stacks at that plant. Period. It's over. Try working with and supporting the structure that you have now, and doing your part to help make changes for the better. I guarantee you, if you have legitimate issues, Nick will help you to get them solved. He is a good union man. He can't however make the company change every little thing that you may not like about your job or work station. He can only make them abide by the contract, which he will. If you are still working then you have been here long enough to know how this works. Try working with your union, instead of against it. You'll get better results.

And the sounds of jealousy ring out for all to hear. Dude give it a rest. You are making a fool of yourself. If you have ergo issues, then ask Ben for help. He is very educated and contrary to what you may believe, he cares about helping people, when he can. You being thirsty is not an ergonomic issue. Your feet being tired, is not an ergo issue. Try looking up the definitions of ergonomics and it's related meanings before you start to bash people. If you are unhappy with your situation, work to improve it. Don't begrudge Ben because Nick thought enough about him to give him this position. Who should he have given it to, you? You have no business questioning his credibility, he has never posted on here without backing up his claims with names etc. if need be. There is no validity in the phrase "I heard". That is heard almost daily in the plant. How often has the "I heards" turned out to be true? Not very. Furthermore, making fun of people on this forum is not only disrespectful, but certainly childish as well. Grow up.

Please read the statement before responding. The structure, Nick and the elected people, fought to get you water at OHAP from ARA. No one said a thing about this structure bringing anything from Lorain. The comfart matting isse is still being adressed. The company would like to put 3/4' plywood throughout the plant claiming that it is better than comfort matting. My posisiton is that there is no science to back up that position therefore there is no reason to change from comfort matting. Ranting at me will not help get the matting any faster, asking your supervisor for it, or requesting it in your CIWG meetings may help. Now you have a decision to make continue to play politics or take an active role in helping to solve the problem. Does anyone want to bet on which choice ole electraglide makes??

You are absolutely correct Ben. But as we both know, there are many that are not happy unless they are bitching about something. These are the type of people that the world is always shitting on, in their eyes. Yet they do nothing to make a positive contribution to anything that they do in life. The sad thing is, that these people have children, and pass the same values on to them. You are right, whining on this board is not going to get anyone ergo matting. Stating yourcase diplomatically to your supervisor or through the CIWG process will get results. It always has for us in the bodyshop. I can only imagine the demeanor this individual uses when asking management for something that he/she desires. Doesn't take a genius to figure out why it results in internet rants. Keep up the good work Ben, there are many of us that have respect for the job that you do and your loyalty towards the membership. And by all means, drink as much water as you want!

Then if this is the case, why do they continue to pull jobs in from outside and re-run them down the CAL line, including Saturdays? We still have not shipped any of the trucks that have been built post consolidation. The reason? Because they want to make sure that they are of the highest quality. To suggest otherwise on this forum for all to see is wrong. You may be leaving April 1st., alot of the rest of us are sticking around. Please have more respect than to tarnish the reputation of our plant with things that are not true. This is not 1976. I am sure that if you had a supervisor instruct you to ship a unit that was less than acceptable quality wise, the union structure and operating committee would love to have heard about it and who the supervisor was. Did you call anyone and inform them? This is our future at stake, is it not?

As for the OSHA comments. Why would you want to punish the company that will fund your retirement? Do you not think that OSHA has already inspected the building and given the go ahead for them to start running? Why does junk laying around out in a vacant parking lot bother you? People like you that have been happy to stick around for 40 years feeding your family and clothing and educating your children with the Ford Motor Companies money, yet have no loyalty towards them at all make me sick. When was the last time that you tried to do anything to make this a better, safer place for all of us to work in, other than bitching and complaining to your co-workers? I sure hope you realize, since you are a company hater and wish for them to suffer financially for things that really don't affect any of us in the plant, that if this company someday ends up in bankruptcy court, you're pension that you plan to start collecting will be drastically reduced, just ask the steel workers, pilots, etc. Hope you've loaded your TESPHE.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Later old timer

JR.

I stand by my statements. Yes your future is at stake, however the re running of model launch jobs down CAL on the weekends is a common practice. It really don't mean shit other then a smoke screen. By the way Mona got her ass reamed for that weekend work that is why you are back on 8 hours.

I will say this, you are right this board is not the place to post this info for all to see.

As for OSHA. I'm not trying to shut Ford down, but the plant was plan and simple not ready to operate and yes the junk laying around does brother me. Miller road parking lot is like an opstickale course.

One more thing. EVERYONE SHOULD SUPPORT THE LOCAL 2000 REPS AND OFFICERS. THE WORST THING YOU KIDS CAN DO IS LET PAST 425 REPS INTO YOUR UNION STUCTURE.

SLAPSHOT YOU SAY CONTACT THE UNION FOR HELP. THERE IS JUST ONE THING. THEY HAVE NO RADIOS SO HOW CAN THEY ADDRESS THE FLOOR PROBLEMS. THEY ARE NEVER AROUND WHEN YOU NEED THEM. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE RADIOS FROM LAP?

I KNOW WHO WANTS A RADIO? BUT THE PALNT IS A BIG PLACE AND COMMUNICATION IS KEY.

The giant sucking sound your hearing is slapshot on Nick's dick!

:P :o :blink:

Actually, I think that I have talked to him twice in my life. However, since the membership thought enough of him to elect him to his position by over a 2 to 1 margin, I am giving him the chance to do his job, which anyone with a lick of common sense knows, will take some time. It is called support. You should try it instead of being the moranic tyrant that you are. You're holding a grudge because you are upset that someone else got an appointed job instead of you and then crying like a bitch on this board is the equivalent of taking your bat and ball and going home. You are so jealous you can't even stand it, and you're making a fool of yourself for showing just how much. I would be willing to bet that you have never had the balls to walk up to Nick's face and say this shit with him knowing who you are, have you? That makes you a pussy as well!