OHAP Plant Problems

fatboy101

How long have they been working on this? How long have they known about this? I've been to a couple of Local 2000 union meetings and all I ever hear the union say is about how they're always in meetings so shouldn't they have talked about this? And it's not just gen people upset. We're seeing some guys that were sent nights when they were "levelling" the seniority and now there's people on days with less time. I agree that they should identify who's leaving. Bid that job or classification and then train the people who will replace them. This situation keeps getting more and more tangled by the day and all I can see is this is becoming an easy way for them to hide their buddies and shove people into preferred jobs that they wouldn't have gotten any other way. And with the supervisor's that are giving their sons, daughters, husbands, boyfriends, girlfriends, wives, whatever special jobs - you guys might just end up getting reported.

Irish Dad, I noticed you didn't say anything about Nick G.s son in law or the relative of the S.T. chairman. What if that person had been a Donovan? I recently had the chance to meet Mr. Donovan when he took care of some stuff on my job. I don't see what your problem has been with him. He seemed to be the nicest guy you'd want to meet. He's been very helpful to a lot of us in here and very sweet. He hasn't been knocking anybody either. He did tell us to watch what they did as opposed to what they said and make up our own minds. You can't get more fair than that.

Didn't respopnd regarding Nick's son in law or the relative of Chris Viscome because I don't know what the situation is. Given this companies propensity to pick a fight though it suprises me that we are as far as long as we are. The company waited til consolidation to ban water bubblers, matting, pedestal fans, and chairs. All of these have been critical issues to everyone on the floor. You can't walk ten feet without someone complaining about at least one and usually all of them. Do you think this was not planned by the company as a major distraction for the union efforts to address the very things you are bringing out?? How long do you thinl they have been planning that instead of how to adjust our population by the contract. If the company had done thier job and followed the contract as they should have they would have placed the people properly and the union would not have had anything to do with it. Given all the distractions created by the above mentioned tactice and the nember of people moved I would expect a couple of mistakes, but I wouldn't look for any conspiracies just yet. Tell you what give it til the end of this month and if it is still as messed up then as it is now I will eat my words. As for Jerry he is a very personable, likable guy and outside of politics we get along, however as a politician I do not agree with his stands on a lot of things. So what?? As for making up your own mind I hope you do and in doing so I hope you realize that a lot of people Jerry included have a political agenda of thier own adn will present information and themselves in a manner most likely to win your support. Not something you could ever accue me of

Edited by Irish_Dad

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree, everyone should get the job thier seniority allows them to hold. (Sarcasm Alert) So what we should do is shut down the plant until we can identify all those who are electing to take the TLO and then identify all those with seniority to hold days in a classification and then bid all the openings and get everyone in all of the possible combinations trained. OR we could allow those on nights that have elected to take a TLO train a temp replacement and those who elect to go to days train a temp replacement and after we have made those moves and identified the legitimate openings allow everyone in the plant to bid on the open jobs while the plant runs and we train people. We could probably do the later wtihout shutting down the plant, but I bet some people would bitch if we did so we should probably shut down until we get it all settled.

Have any of you people that are complaining about the people coming out of gen noticed that they were all sent nights? Did any of you notice that senior people were given the oppurtunity to go days in the wash?? Do any of you really belive that it is possible to cycle in 350+ people while alowing 350+ people to go on TLO without some temporary displacements and temporary assignments? It would have been much easier to identify those electing TLO and train a person on thier job regardless of shift or classification and then just post openings on each shift and allow normal bumps in March, but that would not honor seniority like Nick did by doing it the way he did.

I disagree about your last post concerning a conspriracy. Everyone around me is talking about the favortism shown towards the unions and the salaries family members. I personally dont have any political agenda. I'm not posting these things to make Nick or Viscomi look bad. I'm pointing out something that is a problem. This is where you point out OHAP problems isnt it? Instead of arguing, about it I agree with what you said--give it a month and see if things are being done right.

Edited by akasparky

excuse me jerkoff-I spent 12 days in gen after nites in lorain all these months-sure Im getting 8 hrs pay from gen and 2 hrs from ohap-and Im training on the rear door rubber job in trim on nites-who the hell do you think you are callingpeople with seniority the only real worker-i may only have 2000 seniority but the only lowlife pig is you-fuck you and your white trash attitude and as far as eliminating the gen bank--the only thing that needs to be eliminated are you and the assholes that think like you--no wonder nobody can work together-why should we spend the rest of our lives on the worst jobs? So crybabies like you can boohoo some more-

I have a feeling we are going to hear things like past practice--the company has the right to assign ---I'll look into that--I'm not sure who did that etc..... I'm just curious which committee person or bargaining rep will actually tell you the truth. Your senority does not mean a thing if it gets in the way of their friend or family getting a free ride that they havent served the time to deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I work trim dep. on nights. Everyone from Avon Lake was aware of this pile of crap we are being served . Instead of digesting our crap on our own, we made sure we shared it with our new union brothers and sisters from lorain. We pointed out to them that our local cuts just as many or more hogs than theirs did!!

where are you nick!! your suppose to be the chairman and union boss here at avon i will never vote for you again ! all i see at the plant is worker turning on each other you fail to take control of our plant and take charge, you left the company do what they want what did you get for selling the membership out from the company ! why don't you walk the floor on night shift your a man on the run with no balls to stand up and protect this membership you talk a big game at the union meetings but nothing has change in the plant, people wake up look at some of your own union rep's have jap cars in their driveways mike picone a committeeman here has jap cars in his driveway what's up with that picture thats all his kids drive jap cars every one need to go to the next union meeting let nick know were not happy with him or his lie's well was a rough night going to bed

I have a feeling we are going to hear things like past practice--the company has the right to assign ---I'll look into that--I'm not sure who did that etc..... I'm just curious which committee person or bargaining rep will actually tell you the truth. Your senority does not mean a thing if it gets in the way of their friend or family getting a free ride that they havent served the time to deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I work trim dep. on nights. Everyone from Avon Lake was aware of this pile of crap we are being served . Instead of digesting our crap on our own, we made sure we shared it with our new union brothers and sisters from lorain. We pointed out to them that our local cuts just as many or more hogs than theirs did!!

where are you nick!! your suppose to be the chairman and union boss here at avon i will never vote for you again ! all i see at the plant is worker turning on each other you fail to take control of our plant and take charge, you left the company do what they want what did you get for selling the membership out from the company ! why don't you walk the floor on night shift your a man on the run with no balls to stand up and protect this membership you talk a big game at the union meetings but nothing has change in the plant, people wake up look at some of your own union rep's have jap cars in their driveways mike picone a committeeman here has jap cars in his driveway what's up with that picture thats all his kids drive jap cars every one need to go to the next union meeting let nick know were not happy with him or his lie's well was a rough night going to bed

need a hug? hang in there, things are bound to get better!

Peeps

I seen the same thing, 2000 Senority doing a line feed job, Un Frickin believable. Of course the committeeman danced around the issue. He had to, the kid with 2000 senority is related to the S.T. Chairman. Cant ruffle feathers there now can we. Temporary job fills my ass. If there are open jobs BID THEM OUT. Other wise senority doesnt mean shit. And whats with the guy driving a new white Toyota in the north Abbe Rd parking lot. Dont you people get it yet. I seen another brand new Toyota in the same lot. You people should be fired for driving that jap crap. How a UAW Ford worker can shell out hard earned cash for a Jap car is beyond me. WAKE UP PEOPLE

I disagree about your last post concerning a conspriracy. Everyone around me is talking about the favortism shown towards the unions and the salaries family members. I personally dont have any political agenda. I'm not posting these things to make Nick or Viscomi look bad. I'm pointing out something that is a problem. This is where you point out OHAP problems isnt it? Instead of arguing, about it I agree with what you said--give it a month and see if things are being done right.

Everyone around me is talking about the 2000 senority individual that is doing a line feed job also. I've already voiced my opinion to the union and gotten no where. They think its perfectly alright to put a 2000 senority guy on a Premium Line Feed Job even if it only temporary. I dont care what they say, it is totaly WRONG. There is no way in hell he should be doing that job. He thinks that job is his and nobody is taking it away from him. When he drives by the line everyone is talking about the favoritism that he is being shown. Where are you Nick???? You got alot of answering to do

Food for thought,

I know you probably can't be convinced that assigning anyone temporarily is bullshit, but my cousin and everyone else that were assigned to Stock - were assigned temporarily, BECAUSE 18 OF THEM HAD DRIVER'S LICENSES THAT CAME IN OUT OF GEN. Our in plant PMHV trainers are not available, one refuses to train anymore (Spiegel) and the other retired. So in order to let the senior people go to dayshift, and let the retiring members take TLO, those with a valid license were TEMPORARILY put on Stock jobs. No one is getting those jobs permanantly, or because of "past practice" (which does not even apply here). Within a couple weeks the jobs will be posted, and the seniority individuals will get trained and fill those jobs.

Believe it or not. It would not make any sense to take another individual working the line, temporarily place them on a job, and now train someone for their job and that job , when you have to post the job in a couple weeks anyway. I know you have a hard time believing it, the CONSPIRACY THEORY is one of your favorite pastimes on this website. But these are the facts, and time will prove me correct.

My cousin is not entitled to anything because he is my cousin, if that was the case, I could think of many better jobs I could have him put on. Get over it. None of you can understand that all of the planning in the world could expedite this any faster than it is going right now. The TLO's are enough problems in themselves to get released, without the job postings that are about to hit by the hundreds. What Nick did was try to solve the seniority shift preference issue at the same time as releasing the TLO's so we did not have seniority members on a shift that they did not want. That is step one. The next step will be posting all of the jobs vacated, which they are currently identifying by shift and department. They will be posted, and the next step will be to cross train and backfill. There is no way to do everything at once people. You canb sit back and criticize any issue, but believe me, you have absolutely no idea of the entire scenario that has to be played out in order to do things correctly. If you did, no one would be bitching.

I understand your pessimism, but the worst part is over, it will only get better from here. The jobs will be bid, and the seniority individuals will get the jobs they can hold. That process itself will take weeks if not months, since everyone that moves must be replaced, and the person replacing them must be replaced, etc.. etc.. etc... Give the plan a chance to be enacted and realize the size an amount of shifting and churning we are actually talking about here. Multiply the one job you are bitching about by about several hundred, and you will have a truer picture of the real situation.

Chris Viscomi

OHAP Skilled Trades Chairman

If you were related to one of the chairmen, you could be trained to make the stock department more versatile. Better yet if your mom's is Robin Bricker, you go out and cover a job that you need 30 years to get..... some things never change!!! With all the confusion happeneing right now, you had to figure that certain people wouldnt have to have senority to get good jobs. I thought I was seeing things when I saw someone with 2000 senority drive by on a buggy delivering stock.

Why don't all you people quit your bitching! Show me one person that hired in at Ford (Avon or Lorain) in the last 10 years, hell make that 15 years, that didn't know someone that got him or her thier job. Hell your daddy or mommy, bother, sister, aunt ,uncle, grandpa, grandma, next door neighbor, chairman, committeeman..... Get the picture. None of you would be here if some type of deal wasn't cut. The only thing I see here, is your daddy or mommy, bother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandpa, grangma, next door neighbor, don't have the power that the chairman, committeeman, or uppermanagement has so thier kids or fiends get the good jobs. Remember one thing the person that got you your job had to kiss the ass of someone with power. The bottom line here is that the people that you all are bad mouthing, one of them got you the best paying job in the state, you should be thankful, but if your not GET THE F..K out.

Why don't all you people quit your bitching! Show me one person that hired in at Ford (Avon or Lorain) in the last 10 years, hell make that 15 years, that didn't know someone that got him or her thier job. Hell your daddy or mommy, bother, sister, aunt ,uncle, grandpa, grandma, next door neighbor, chairman, committeeman..... Get the picture. None of you would be here if some type of deal wasn't cut. The only thing I see here, is your daddy or mommy, bother, sister, aunt, uncle, grandpa, grangma, next door neighbor, don't have the power that the chairman, committeeman, or uppermanagement has so thier kids or fiends get the good jobs. Remember one thing the person that got you your job had to kiss the ass of someone with power. The bottom line here is that the people that you all are bad mouthing, one of them got you the best paying job in the state, you should be thankful, but if your not GET THE F..K out.

Here! Here!

I know you probably can't be convinced that assigning anyone temporarily is bullshit, but my cousin and everyone else that were assigned to Stock - were assigned temporarily, BECAUSE 18 OF THEM HAD DRIVER'S LICENSES THAT CAME IN OUT OF GEN. Our in plant PMHV trainers are not available, one refuses to train anymore (Spiegel) and the other retired. So in order to let the senior people go to dayshift, and let the retiring members take TLO, those with a valid license were TEMPORARILY put on Stock jobs. No one is getting those jobs permanantly, or because of "past practice" (which does not even apply here). Within a couple weeks the jobs will be posted, and the seniority individuals will get trained and fill those jobs.

If PMHV trainers are not available then how the heck are we going to train the new guys that get the bids for the job????????????? How long has the union been working on this "plan", they couldnt have gotten someone in there to train????????? And why isnt this Spiegel guy training, what do you mean he refuses??????????? How damn hard is it to train to drive a tug?????????????? If a guy drives a car to work (I'm sure no one takes the Lorain County Transit) then that person sure the hell should be able to drive a fricken tug. Come on this isnt rocket science. More B.S.

Luke welcome back dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And as for you JAM, You are correct, the majority of the people did have pull getting hired at Ford (I wasnt one of them, put in an application just like the rest of them, back in the 70's you didnt need to know anyone to get hired) but for crying out loud, driving a route job in stock with 5 years senority temp or full time while other people with the same senority or more are busting their humps on the line ????????????

Everybody needs to take a really long look at what we are doing here. We are going to blame the union structure for no doing managments job. I've been kinda busy lately so I haven't paid real close attention to who is in stock or where that one is temporarily assigned. I do know this we as a union, and I do mean all of us, are under attack by the managment at OHAP. While we bitch and moan over what he got that I didn't managent creates a whole new working environment. Take the coolers so the workers scream at the union reps, take the chairs so the people scream at the union reps, take the fans so that.... Get the idea? What are they really trying to get away with. At a time when we should be relying more heavily on each other we are at each others throats like never before. The company has resources that our local can't begin to match. The company is responsible for the smooth transition of the consolidation, which includes, but is not limited to the proper training of people, the proper placement of people and the proper solictation of people for job bids and the TLO. I don't see anyone here screamng that managment is fucking up, but you sure hear it about the union. So how does management benefit buy trying to make the current union strucuterelook bad?? Any guesses??

Everybody needs to take a really long look at what we are doing here. We are going to blame the union structure for no doing managments job. I've been kinda busy lately so I haven't paid real close attention to who is in stock or where that one is temporarily assigned. I do know this we as a union, and I do mean all of us, are under attack by the managment at OHAP. While we bitch and moan over what he got that I didn't managent creates a whole new working environment. Take the coolers so the workers scream at the union reps, take the chairs so the people scream at the union reps, take the fans so that.... Get the idea? What are they really trying to get away with. At a time when we should be relying more heavily on each other we are at each others throats like never before. The company has resources that our local can't begin to match. The company is responsible for the smooth transition of the consolidation, which includes, but is not limited to the proper training of people, the proper placement of people and the proper solictation of people for job bids and the TLO. I don't see anyone here screamng that managment is fucking up, but you sure hear it about the union. So how does management benefit buy trying to make the current union strucuterelook bad?? Any guesses??

Ben,

Now I'm not rapping on Nick on this one because I don't believe that he knows a lot of the stuff that's going on out on the floor. But he does need to take a closer look at the deals that Freddie is cutting. He's killing the districts with his deals and I'm not talking about Michael here, he's very capable of dealing with Freddie on his own. Seriously, Freddie is making his own arrangements for where people are going and on what shifts. Everytime I talk to someone they tell me how Freddie did this or Freddie did that. If you want to help Nick out on all of this, have him sit down with the districts one on one and get this straightened out. I know from my own observations Yates would be at one end of the Trim lines and Freddie at the other and each one of them were making their own "arrangements" about people and jobs and oftentimes they were in direct conflict with one another. But if Nick isn't made aware of this, he cannot fix it. If you're talking to Nick, we need to get a handle on the bids for GU's. I know that some group leader jobs are going to be coming open as well. He should maybe put out a leaflet explaining what's going on. Identify the labor pool jobs - those would have to be lateral moves. Identify the GU jobs - those would have to be bid. Get those bids ready and then the base operator who is going to be taking the TLO or retiring could train their replacement. Identify the relief jobs coming open and bid those and use the current relief guys to train the new ones. Same with group leaders or floor men or whatever they're going to be called. As for the labor pool jobs that are going to be lateral moves, those could be done on the basis of seniority. I'm sure the district committeemen in the area have a good idea which senior people want to move to what might be a better job. Another cute deal Freddie has been cutting has been moving guys into the body shop. You might want to check into it.

Food for thought,

Believe it or not. It would not make any sense to take another individual working the line, temporarily place them on a job, and now train someone for their job and that job , when you have to post the job in a couple weeks anyway. I know you have a hard time believing it, the CONSPIRACY THEORY is one of your favorite pastimes on this website. But these are the facts, and time will prove me correct.

My cousin is not entitled to anything because he is my cousin, if that was the case, I could think of many better jobs I could have him put on. Get over it. None of you can understand that all of the planning in the world could expedite this any faster than it is going right now. The TLO's are enough problems in themselves to get released, without the job postings that are about to hit by the hundreds. What Nick did was try to solve the seniority shift preference issue at the same time as releasing the TLO's so we did not have seniority members on a shift that they did not want. That is step one. The next step will be posting all of the jobs vacated, which they are currently identifying by shift and department. They will be posted, and the next step will be to cross train and backfill. There is no way to do everything at once people. You canb sit back and criticize any issue, but believe me, you have absolutely no idea of the entire scenario that has to be played out in order to do things correctly. If you did, no one would be bitching.

I understand your pessimism, but the worst part is over, it will only get better from here. The jobs will be bid, and the seniority individuals will get the jobs they can hold. That process itself will take weeks if not months, since everyone that moves must be replaced, and the person replacing them must be replaced, etc.. etc.. etc... Give the plan a chance to be enacted and realize the size an amount of shifting and churning we are actually talking about here. Multiply the one job you are bitching about by about several hundred, and you will have a truer picture of the real situation.

Chris Viscomi

OHAP Skilled Trades Chairman

Chris frist of all your brother is a labor relations rep for the company your family dos'nt know weather they are union or company but it works out good for your family to cut hogs for each other union and company working together, when did your cousin get his drivers license as soon as he hired in at ford thanks to his comany/union family ? why get on this forum to try and defend yourself by lying, you should have told the truth something like this ( IF I CAN"T TAKE CARE OF MY FAMILY HOW CAN I TAKE CARE OF THE MEMBERSHIP !!!! ) ;) B) :D

and we all know that you will defend nick your in his click just like ben Davey the ERG rep keeps doing so he will be on here answering this defending nick. nick and his click need to enjoy there last term in office the people are not not happy with you guys

Um, I am one of those people... I have no relatives, family of any kind here. Last I checked, I got hired strictly on the basis of ME.