New Company Face

I don't have the time right now, but I'm planning to do photoshops of every current/future Ford vehicle I can find and incorporate a new face that I think would work well for ALL of Ford's vehicles, both domestic, and international, car, truck, crossover, or SUV.

I've come to the conclusion that I hate the 3-bar grille now. While it looks okay on a couple of vehicles like the Fusion and Edge, its application on other vehicles has been less-than-stellar.

My idea is the same that many others have had before: a simple black crosshatch pattern with a floating emblem in the center. This look is already in use on some trims of F-150's and on the Mustang. A version of it, while poorly executed, also was on the nose of the first-gen Five Hundred. I think this look REALLY is the way to move forward. Nobody else in the industry really has a grille look like this and the absence of metal/color REALLY makes the Ford emblem "pop".

This would also solve the problem of trying to integrate certain vehicles into the family "look", like the Mustang. I believe this would also simplify the international vehicles, as it is much easier to work with a blank space than it is trying to integrate a key styling element like a 3-bar grille into the overall look of the vehicle. Additionally, a blank space just kind of gives it a "meaner" look. An imposing empty grille with a blue oval in the center just kind of says "Get out of my way!" in my mind.

I'm going to attempt to do a "collage" of sorts, a single picture featuring the entire Ford lineup. I'll try to get cracking on it tonight and hopefully I can post up the final results in a week or two. If anyone has already done some photoshops like this, I could easily incorporate them into the collage.

Some seem to work better than others....ah well. Interesting anyway I thought.

I think you've proved it to yourself. Some grilles look better on some vehicles than they do others...no surprise. This becomes a problem when you try to fit one specific type of grill on every single vehicle. Ford should not be concerned about making an exact replica of the 3-bar grille on every vehicle. That's wrong, and ultimately doesn't set the vehicle apart and actually hinders the overall design significance of the vehicle. I agree with you on the 3-bar grille, but dislike everyone of your photochops...they look like a Ford grille time warp at least 5 years into the past. Kind of reminds me of the lackluster front fascia Nissan is using on their current cars.

I would like to see Ford offer a performance level for the whole line like Dodge's SRTs. The grilles could be done in body color or even better a "black chrome" to set them apart from the common versions. The parts to do a Fusion SVT or GT already exist in the aftermarket. They have a development relationship with Chip Foose. Why not turn him loose on the line.

I would like to see Ford offer a performance level for the whole line like Dodge's SRTs. The grilles could be done in body color or even better a "black chrome" to set them apart from the common versions. The parts to do a Fusion SVT or GT already exist in the aftermarket. They have a development relationship with Chip Foose. Why not turn him loose on the line.

I loved the black chrome grille on the Adrenaline concept. Black chrome applied to the 3-bar face would look pretty good too in my opinion.

Whatever happened to the pewter/black grille that was supposed to be offered on the Fusion in the 4 cyl "sport" package or whatever? I haven't seen any that looked like that.