Expeditions Are Not Worth Anything!!!!

proman

I am not serious ! :hysterical: I love my 07 EB and want to hear from others. This forum has reached the point where no one is discussing anything. Lets hear from all expy and nav owners. Have any problems with your vehicles, do you still think you made a good decision, etc. Let's go.

I'm getting closer to selling or trading my F150 and getting my wife an 07 Expedition Limited (2WD non-EL). She hopes it will get better mileage than her 01 Expy which gets only 13 mpg average. What kind of mileage is everybody getting in their 07 Expy's?

I currently get 20.8 with my expy 07. I live on the east coast in NC so the land is flat with no hills, mountains, etc. The fastest speed limit is 55. I have gotten it as high as 21mpg but that was when I wasn't pushing it as much as I do now.

I think you and your wife will be pleased with the mpg.

Mike

LOL @ the thread title. That's one way to get a reaction.

We've had our '07 EB EL for just over 2 weeks and have enjoyed every minute so far. We're still in the break-in stage on the motor and haven't done any steady-state driving but I'm hoping to see the mileage reach the upper teens. We took our '97 on a cross-country road trip and the best mileage I got from it was about 17 mpg (the old and new Expy are both 4WD's). I'm hoping that we could see as high as 20 with our '07. I'm itching to plug a destination into the Nav system and head off into the sunset. :shades:

I haven't had a chance to get out and take some good pictures (read: pictures without the clutter in the background) but I hope this one will do for now:

07expy02a.JPG

We opted for the Family Entertainment System and I'm glad that we did. Our two boys (11 and 13) put their headphones on and load up a DVD. For the first time in longer than I can recall, my wife and I can actually carry on a conversation or enjoy the silence (yes, the Expy is THAT quiet inside) :happy feet:

That's my $0.02.

Dave

We've had our '07 EB EL for just over 2 weeks and have enjoyed every minute so far. We're still in the break-in stage on the motor and haven't done any steady-state driving but I'm hoping to see the mileage reach the upper teens. We took our '97 on a cross-country road trip and the best mileage I got from it was about 17 mpg (the old and new Expy are both 4WD's). I'm hoping that we could see as high as 20 with our '07. I'm itching to plug a destination into the Nav system and head off into the sunset. :shades:

I haven't had a chance to get out and take some good pictures (read: pictures without the clutter in the background) but I hope this one will do for now:

07expy02a.JPG

We opted for the Family Entertainment System and I'm glad that we did. Our two boys (11 and 13) put their headphones on and load up a DVD. For the first time in longer than I can recall, my wife and I can actually carry on a conversation or enjoy the silence (yes, the Expy is THAT quiet inside) :happy feet:

That's my $0.02.

Dave

Ok You scared me here, I was ready to get very defensive!!! I am very happy except one problem but its getting fixed monday. I took it in today and they are going to reprogram the PCM and do one other adjustment with it and see if this works. I am just having problems with it getting very confused on take off to the point where its actually stalled. If I do not give enough gas it bucks then lurches. Now if I stomp it this thing gets up and goes. I feel soooo safe in it and would never trade this for anything but a newer model ofcourse. I think Ford really did hit the nail on this one.

As for gas mileage I am only getting 14 but I think its because I am having the shifting problems and because I do nothing but stop and go and hills. I cant wait to take a trip and see what I really can get. We are planning a long road trip with a towhawler sometime in june across a few states so we will see.

Its nice to see everyone else is just as happy with theirs as I am with mine.

Nice looking truck, Dave!

I really like the color, but my eyesight is not what it used to be. Is that red or the copper?

It's Dark Copper Metallic. It's not so much your eyes as the pic - it was dark and overcast so it's hard to tell what the real color is.

Thank You guys for buying and enjoying the product I help build.

Thank you for your dedication. The 07 EB expy I purchased is just absolutely fantastic!!! It would not be this good if you guys didn't do your job right. Thanks again.

Mike

Phew, I thought I was going to have to come in here swinging! LOL My family's life revolve around the Expy & the Nav. My Hubby,my bro & my Dad(retired) all owe Ford Motor & Michigan Truck for their living. Thanks to you all for supporting us. Thank you for helping my little girls have food in their tummys,clothes on their back & a decent roof over their head. :)

My family truly appretiates it.

Sorry I got you upset there for a second. I do really enjoy this 07expy. I have had it for 2 months today and already put over 5,000 miles on it. I drive it every chance I get.

Hope things continue to go well for you and your family. Keep up the great work!!!

Mike

I've owned Ford trucks since buying an Expedition in '97, then trading that in for an '06 F150 last year, and now adding an '07 EB EL 3 weeks ago. It's great to see the participation of Ford employees on this site so we can pass along a hearty "thank you" for doing such a great job building these vehicles. Now if we could do something about those pesky engineers [poke] :P

Dave

I've owned Ford trucks since buying an Expedition in '97, then trading that in for an '06 F150 last year, and now adding an '07 EB EL 3 weeks ago. It's great to see the participation of Ford employees on this site so we can pass along a hearty "thank you" for doing such a great job building these vehicles. Now if we could do something about those pesky engineers [poke] :P

Dave

I agree Dave its nice to see the employees at Ford so dedicated! My first Ford was an 89 Ford Probe and I hated it but I have always been a Ford person. My Favorites so far were/are my 97 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat, 01 Excursion and now my 07 Expy El... I wish I could saw the mustang but it was a lemon that was bought back. But that never turned me away from Ford or the mustangs.... I have such a love for cars that I am seriously thinking about going to a tech school to be a tech. I know it must sound weird coming from a woman but I love cars that much!

post-24912-1171228967_thumb.jpg

Got my 07 in November. Really is a great truck. Quiet powerful and nimble. In 2600 miles MPG has been as low as 13 and as high as 17. Last new truck was a 97 Expedition in Dec. of 96.

07 Expedition, Limited.

74 Bronco

29 Tudor Model A

Edited by JRHEXP

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! Just got my Ex EL Limited about 3 weeks ago. LOVE IT!

Only have 500 miles, but the MPG has been averaging 12 so far. I'm hoping to use it more for road trips than everyday, so I'm thinking this MPG will go up.

Not sure if the pic is going to post with my screen name, but this is such a step up from my 95 Aerostar, that I keep thinking I'm driving a Navigator!

Just wanted to say this is a great site and I fully intend to check back often to see what other peoples expy-riences are!!

Hey everyone! Just got my Ex EL Limited about 3 weeks ago. LOVE IT!

Only have 500 miles, but the MPG has been averaging 12 so far. I'm hoping to use it more for road trips than everyday, so I'm thinking this MPG will go up.

Not sure if the pic is going to post with my screen name, but this is such a step up from my 95 Aerostar, that I keep thinking I'm driving a Navigator!

Just wanted to say this is a great site and I fully intend to check back often to see what other peoples expy-riences are!!

Great to hear from you Ak in OR but you have got to do better than this my friend. Since your picture didn't post, you have to describe your new expy for us. We on this forum love our expys so much that we have got to have details about other expy owners expys. Tell us about colors inside and outside, etc. Welcome to the forum,

Mike

post-26475-1172809231_thumb.jpgpost-26475-1172809058_thumb.jpg

Great to hear from you Ak in OR but you have got to do better than this my friend. Since your picture didn't post, you have to describe your new expy for us. We on this forum love our expys so much that we have got to have details about other expy owners expys. Tell us about colors inside and outside, etc. Welcome to the forum,

Mike

LOL.. thanks Mike...

OKAY... My Expy is almost the spit and image of ELLovers! Carbon Metallic w/Stone interior! "ALMOST" all of the options.

Love the powerfold seats and all that flat space in the back. I was looking for something a little more up to date to replace the 95 Aerostar, but was really worried about hauling room for the Band Equip. Not a problem!

I'm working on my 3rd week of ownership and have a beach trip planned for this weekend! Looking forward to puttin' some hiway miles on this rig.

Also, I can't wait to tow something!!! (grunt,grunt)

I chose the Stone interior to help out a bit with transporting our Yellow Lab. Hoping the hairs won't show as much! ha ha...

Thank you for your welcome to the club and I hope to be trading some great Expy-riences soon! :shades:

Welcome to the new expy owners. My hubby,bro & Dad all build Expy's at Michigan Truck. Just jumping in to do my periodic THANK YOUs for supporting us & buying the Expy. We all at Michigan Truck appretiate your support. :)

Bless you & enjoy your Expys!

07expy02a.JPG

That's my $0.02.

Dave

Hi Dave: Just wondering if you have any new pictures of your expy now. Would like to see that rascal in the sunshine!!!

Mike

post-24912-1171228967_thumb.jpg

Got my 07 in November. Really is a great truck. Quiet powerful and nimble. In 2600 miles MPG has been as low as 13 and as high as 17. Last new truck was a 97 Expedition in Dec. of 96.

07 Expedition, Limited.

74 Bronco

29 Tudor Model A

This is a very sharp looking ride. Enjoy!!!!

Mike

just brought home my 2007 Expedition EB tonight (Laser red) getting my 22in wheels put on monday, man this thing is quiet and ride smooth as hell, had to say good by to my mustang but its all good to join the Exp club :happy feet:

Hello Dirtyred: Welcome to the expy family. Do you have any pictures that you can post. Would love to see your new expy!! I haven't seed the red yet and I bet it is beautiful.

Mike

post-26475-1172809231_thumb.jpgpost-26475-1172809058_thumb.jpg

LOL.. thanks Mike...

OKAY... My Expy is almost the spit and image of ELLovers! Carbon Metallic w/Stone interior! "ALMOST" all of the options.

Love the powerfold seats and all that flat space in the back. I was looking for something a little more up to date to replace the 95 Aerostar, but was really worried about hauling room for the Band Equip. Not a problem!

I'm working on my 3rd week of ownership and have a beach trip planned for this weekend! Looking forward to puttin' some hiway miles on this rig.

Also, I can't wait to tow something!!! (grunt,grunt)

I chose the Stone interior to help out a bit with transporting our Yellow Lab. Hoping the hairs won't show as much! ha ha...

Thank you for your welcome to the club and I hope to be trading some great Expy-riences soon! :shades:

Let us know how you liked your ride to the beach. You have a good looking truck. It is like ELlover's.

Mike