8000 hourly gone in January

Nick, Whats hurting Ford more in your opinion?. The UAW, Or Georges love for increasing healthcare costs and all of the other lovely things mentioned in the "Town Hall" broadcast?

And the CAW is taking just as much of a beating as the UAW despite Canadas National Health Care.

If government healthcare is such a great idea why doesn't Michigan go ahead and immplement it.

Your such an assclown. How can you compare a government job (during a fucking WAR even!) to an auto manufacturer....

This explains to me why you post the remarks that you do, Pertaining our union.

Hey I worked for a Defence Contractor and lost my job last January...just to move down the hallway and work with another :P

And the CAW is taking just as much of a beating as the UAW despite Canadas National Health Care.

If government healthcare is such a great idea why doesn't Michigan go ahead and immplement it.

Lets keep it UAW please. :finger: Volumes are CAW's biggest problem besides other issues brought to light in the "town hall" broadcast.(I am not going to retype all of the issues)

Did you read about a bill passing that could bring national healthcare by 2012'ish? (trust me, I would post a link if I knew where to find it. I can't remember for the life of me)

1. It's not a government job. We are a publicly traded company.

2. We been profitable for decades, wars or not. Business is business. You adapt to market conditions, something Ford has been inept at doing.

Why is it always the unions fault in your eyes though? :stats:

Why is it always the unions fault in your eyes though? :stats:

Not ENTIRELY the union's fault. Notice I did mention Ford's inept management in the quote you just responded to. But what actual GOOD has the UAW actually done anybody (including its members) in the past 20 years?

Edited by NickF1011

Not ENTIRELY the union's fault. Notice I did mention Ford's inept management in the quote you just responded to. But what actual GOOD has the UAW actually done [/i]anybody[/i] (including its members) in the past 20 years?

This is rather easy for me. Visteon/ACH the people are still working with the company they hired into. You do not think Ford would of just hooked ACH'ers up do ya? No matter which way you cut it, Job security (and I agree with whatever you wish to say about the unfortunate brokeass' we have to deal with! Now if only they can work out a way to cut them out!)

Besides the donation's for charities and other means of which the UAW reaches out to the community. Other then its members, why should they worry about "anybody" else?

Besides the donation's for charities and other means of which the UAW reaches out to the community. Other then its members, why should they worry about "anybody" else?

Yep, they sure looked out for all the Ford employees who were more or less forced to take buyouts. They are only interested in lining their own pockets.

Nobody was forced to take a buyout.

With as many plants as Ford is closing, do you really think that if NOBODY took the buyouts that ALL of those people would still have jobs 2 years from now? It was either take it now and get a decent deal on it or suck it up later and get nothing for a lot of them.