KCAP

cbone

It seems that I could be going to KCAP. Can anyone give me info on housing and schools?

Came to KCAP from SLAP over the summer. Looked for homes in Kearney, Liberty,Smithville,Gladstone, and Noth Kansas City. It seems as though Kearney and Liberty had the most recommended schools. We chose a house in Liberty. Housing prices were very reasonable(compared to St. Louis). I have a 7 mile, 15 minute commute to work. We really like it here, everyone has been very nice here(at work and in the community). My oldest will start Liberty schools next year. Good luck.

Came to KCAP from SLAP over the summer. Looked for homes in Kearney, Liberty,Smithville,Gladstone, and Noth Kansas City. It seems as though Kearney and Liberty had the most recommended schools. We chose a house in Liberty. Housing prices were very reasonable(compared to St. Louis). I have a 7 mile, 15 minute commute to work. We really like it here, everyone has been very nice here(at work and in the community). My oldest will start Liberty schools next year. Good luck.

Thank You very much! I am looking to transfer in 60 to 90 days and any info is greatly appreciated. Sounds like U been there and done that!! Once again thank you!!!

Thank You very much! I am looking to transfer in 60 to 90 days and any info is greatly appreciated. Sounds like U been there and done that!! Once again thank you!!!

Where are you transferring from? We here at TCAP were told that we'd know in about 1-2 weeks, that was about 1-2 months ago!!

I am from indianapolis too. Just wandering what the seniorty is in kcap to hold day shift

I came from SLAP during the summer. The people here are great, I believe it takes about 10-11 years to hold days on the SUV side. Good luck on your move. :shades: Not sure about the F-150 side or (Commercial) as they call it here.

I came from SLAP during the summer. The people here are great, I believe it takes about 10-11 years to hold days on the SUV side. Good luck on your move. :shades: Not sure about the F-150 side or (Commercial) as they call it here.

When we came to KCAP from SLAP we bumped a lot of people to nights. Right now 7-8 years is holding labor pool in SUV trim. We have a lot from the KC parts depot with 8 years holding days.

:stats: Comeing from wixom to KC. Do not know when yet, I have 18.5 yrs. So i guess i can hold days with this senoreity? Glade to hear that the people are nice and that houseing is not much. IF anyone knows what is the future of Kc plant ? I have read on it's history it has along one, many cars have gone thru there. :reading:

:stats: Comeing from wixom to KC. Do not know when yet, I have 18.5 yrs. So i guess i can hold days with this senoreity? Glade to hear that the people are nice and that houseing is not much. IF anyone knows what is the future of Kc plant ? I have read on it's history it has along one, many cars have gone thru there. :reading:

No one knows the future, but we are trying to build some world class vehicles at KCAP. We are literally building our future. Hope the move goes smoothly for you and welcome to you and your family. :shades:

Hey TCAP and Wixomites come on Down!!! KC is a nice place! I'm like DCassity, just started here this past summer, the work is hard but the folks are cool (foremen are foremen :hysterical: ) and living here has been a blessing for my family and I. The folks here are used to transferees; there are folk here from New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Georgia and St. Louis. So St. Paul/Minneapolis won't be a big deal (unless you don't want to work). Hey Cassity how goes you? Hurry up and get down there with me, you'd fit right in! there are some really cool folk down there.

Edited by pointy

We have always run hard here. I have heard people from other plants say we do, couldn't do it and went back to where they came from. I feel our future is among the best for the company. Cost of living and housing, as well as schools are great here. Not alot to do around town, but the Lake is only a couple hours away. Good luck. P.S. don't look for housing south of the river, the roads and traffic sucks..

:stats: Thanks, for the info. I hear it is nice in KC looking forward to a new adventure. Working hard is nothing new wixom was no day in the park. Right now going to rent for a bit (apt) till I settle in and get to know the area, been searching the apt.com lots of places to live. and did not think things were that low as they are there a 2bedroom here goes for 600 to 800 depending where u are sometimes even more . Lucky I already drive and escape (Midnight 2002) I really like it and the new one is very hot. :reading:

THANKS

:stats: Thanks, for the info. I hear it is nice in KC looking forward to a new adventure. Working hard is nothing new wixom was no day in the park. Right now going to rent for a bit (apt) till I settle in and get to know the area, been searching the apt.com lots of places to live. and did not think things were that low as they are there a 2bedroom here goes for 600 to 800 depending where u are sometimes even more . Lucky I already drive and escape (Midnight 2002) I really like it and the new one is very hot. :reading:

THANKS

Good for you!! I am glad you got your transfer. Hopefully all that want one will get one. KC is where we here at TCAP are hoping for. I am hoping someone can shed a little light on how this is going down at other plants --

Voltar -- you are from Wixom... Wixom is still running (for now)..correct? How did the transfers come to your plant already? Here at TCAP we have been told that we may not be eligible for transfers until we close, but there may be some coming in March. I guess I am confused why some plants are getting them and some are not.. shouldn't it be system wide?

Let me make it clear -- I do get that if you are closed and have an active GEN pool...you are eligible. NAP is following their product..which makes them eligible... but Wixom and TCAP are still running... I am confused.

HELP!!!!

Good for you!! I am glad you got your transfer. Hopefully all that want one will get one. KC is where we here at TCAP are hoping for. I am hoping someone can shed a little light on how this is going down at other plants --

Voltar -- you are from Wixom... Wixom is still running (for now)..correct? How did the transfers come to your plant already? Here at TCAP we have been told that we may not be eligible for transfers until we close, but there may be some coming in March. I guess I am confused why some plants are getting them and some are not.. shouldn't it be system wide?

Let me make it clear -- I do get that if you are closed and have an active GEN pool...you are eligible. NAP is following their product..which makes them eligible... but Wixom and TCAP are still running... I am confused.

HELP!!!!

Not everyone at Wixom took a package and they have people laid off, this comes after gen people. I don't know that anyone from the union has said transfers only at the end. Wixom is scheduled to go down March 7th I think.

Edited by thor uaw

Dear everyone,

I have worked at KCAP for 6+ years now and have lived in KC my whole life. The best place to find a home is in Liberty/kearney area IMHO. There are tons of houses for sale and the schools are terrific, plus the drive to work is only aobut 15 minutes tops. I have been here long enough to absorb a ton of people transfering to here, and everone who comes here seems to love it. I also feel that KC wh ich has finding for the 2009 F-150 will be a vital part of the FoMoCO future in America. Absenteeism has really started to go in a better direction it seems like, and we are building some quality trucks every night. I encourage you to go to a KC website and check it all out.

Mcmoney

Dear everyone,

I have worked at KCAP for 6+ years now and have lived in KC my whole life. The best place to find a home is in Liberty/kearney area IMHO. There are tons of houses for sale and the schools are terrific, plus the drive to work is only aobut 15 minutes tops. I have been here long enough to absorb a ton of people transfering to here, and everone who comes here seems to love it. I also feel that KC wh ich has finding for the 2009 F-150 will be a vital part of the FoMoCO future in America. Absenteeism has really started to go in a better direction it seems like, and we are building some quality trucks every night. I encourage you to go to a KC website and check it all out.

Mcmoney

Hi! :happy feet:My name is Brian and I am from Indy.. we got our paperwork last thursday to go to KCAP on flowback there are about 15 or so, can you tell me what the hold up is? HR is saying 60 to 90 days. or maybe JULY :happy feet: !!!

:stats: Wixom is not going down till may 31st (comes from plant manager), I do not know why we at wixom got flow back while still running. The only thing i can think of is that we can not follow our car into ST Thomas, it being in canada. And by contract if your poduct is not cancelled u can fllow it. SO something might have been worked out. ( my thoughts only) Those that have got placed throu flow back have not left, but the people who are going to dearborn might leave early because they want to start the 3rd shift at that plant in april, so they are taking them in groups to train. They got their papers thursday and friday, heard they might go in the next 2 weeks. So the temps and those that are left will close the plant and those placed will move on, the temps not sure. but remember ur place will be held till u get to where u were placed, they can not give it to any one. And that is probly why there is no hurry to move people right away . but know the union wants people place right away from closeing plants and just let the temps finish it off, but do not see it going that way. the temps at wixom are have a hard time getting used to the work. and it is showing up in the repair areas :redcard: So I guess it will be june unless something changes before we are to leave for KCAP. :reading:

:stats: Wixom is not going down till may 31st (comes from plant manager), I do not know why we at wixom got flow back while still running. The only thing i can think of is that we can not follow our car into ST Thomas, it being in canada. And by contract if your poduct is not cancelled u can fllow it. SO something might have been worked out. ( my thoughts only) Those that have got placed throu flow back have not left, but the people who are going to dearborn might leave early because they want to start the 3rd shift at that plant in april, so they are taking them in groups to train. They got their papers thursday and friday, heard they might go in the next 2 weeks. So the temps and those that are left will close the plant and those placed will move on, the temps not sure. but remember ur place will be held till u get to where u were placed, they can not give it to any one. And that is probly why there is no hurry to move people right away . but know the union wants people place right away from closeing plants and just let the temps finish it off, but do not see it going that way. the temps at wixom are have a hard time getting used to the work. and it is showing up in the repair areas :redcard: So I guess it will be june unless something changes before we are to leave for KCAP. :reading:

I am glad that people making minimum wage are getting a chance to make decent money (14$ an hour). The only problem is, they don't know what the hell they're doing' and it is'nt their fault. Not saying the TPT'S don't work hard (because they really do) but,,, I can't teach a temp,, quality in 30 days. Sorry, but it comes with experience. I hope this does'nt hurt the blue oval in the long run BUT damnit, don't treat me lika scrub, Cuz I know what I'm doin', and that is making a quality product. I will take quality over quantity ANY DAY!!

I am glad that people making minimum wage are getting a chance to make decent money (14$ an hour). The only problem is, they don't know what the hell they're doing' and it is'nt their fault. Not saying the TPT'S don't work hard (because they really do) but,,, I can't teach a temp,, quality in 30 days. Sorry, but it comes with experience. I hope this does'nt hurt the blue oval in the long run BUT damnit, don't treat me lika scrub, Cuz I know what I'm doin', and that is making a quality product. I will take quality over quantity ANY DAY!!

Sure glad to here you guys at KCAP like to work together and build a good product. It will be nice to be back in a good work ethic plant

:happy feet:<style_emoticons/default/happy feet.gif>

I lived in KC from 1989 until 1992 and my daughter attened Kansas City Institute of Art.

I lived in Independence Mo back then but don't think I want to go back there probably Liberty area!

Like I said there are about 15 people from Indy Steering plant who did get there paper work 60 to 90 out so any info on what is going on in your plant we all would like to get there sooner rather than later, houses for sale and getting ready to go to KC :happy feet:<style_emoticons/default/happy feet.gif> :redcard:<style_emoticons/default/redcard.gif>

I have been in KC since 1973, now that management has allowed the TFT's to take over the plant, I can't wait for the end of the line here.

Basically he means they can do whatever they want. We have Tft's on day shift that are untouchable, in Body shop(General Foreman's sister for one).. Hell even some are signing utility now.

It's a downright mess, and our union rep's are some of the worst people i've ever dealt with.

Agree , quality over quantity. Sad that Ford still clings to the quantity will take care of quality way. Part doesn't fit? Go to engineering and get a deviation and run it, we will sort it later, never enough time to fix it right the first time, always time to redo it