Corvette SS: 650 Horses?

robertlane

Ford had its day in the sun with the GT. Chevy has committed since the original Corvette to always have it's icon sports car. Ford can't commit to doing anything and at this point it is not even important if Ford has anything to compete with the Corvette or not. Ford killed it's GT then killed it's Tbird. Dropping hi-po engines in Mustangs always seems to be Ford's answer to everything.

I am sorry Ford but not every-damn-body wants a Mustang...

umm ford are u still alive? do u guys even pay attention to this shit? we don't have a 2 seat roadster that has plenty of power that competes with the vette or the euros. pay attention. u guys got rid of the damn ford gt. dumb. u guys had a concept called the gr-1 that carrol shelby wants to put into production but u don't do it. dumber. i understand u guys are losing money and need to watch what u spend but damn u gotta pay to get paid. thats life. u want to make extra cash? make a car compete with the vette and the euros. y do u always bring out great lookin concepts but decide to not bring it into production? perfect example is the gr-1 and also the iosis. now i'm a pure mustang fan but if i wasn't i'd pick up an iosis. that was a great lookin car and the doors really would help sell the car. be creative. put those doors on vehicles now! it will make ppl look at ford and say wow they are a step above right now. give urself an advantage. drop a v8 into the iosis and bring that shit out here. ppl look at ford and say what do they have...mustang, f-150, fusion, now the edge, and.... thats it. ford needs to have more performance cars. there are a lot of ppl out there that are car guys n look at performance. they see the mustang and unfortunately not everyone thinks like us. there are still ppl out there that look at the mustang and say that its just not there type of car. thats there opinion. so come out with there type of car. a car that has it all for a great price. we are so far behind and it doesn't even seem like u try. wheres the fusion hybrid? fusion svt? lightning? focus hybrid? focus svt? what about that lincoln mkr? bring that shit out and leave that tt 3.5 with 415 hp in there. if u can sell it for only 40 k then great. 50 or 60 would be fine to. but don't make it close to 100k. not a good idea. unless u want it to compete with the vette ss then ull need to put a v8 in that bad boy and make it light, aerodynamic, and handle like a champ. ohhhh n what about the damn mercury cougar? what happened to that car?! u guys completely fucked that car up. well bring it back. y don't u bring over the ford falcon from austrailia and put that classic cougar grill on it and call it a day. very cheap and it would be effective. my point through all of this is that the mustang can't hold ford alone in the performance market. its a pony car. we don't have a 2 seat roadster. we need one with 8 or more cylinders to make it fly. use the mazda miata platform? whatever u gotta do just do it. don't worry about hurting mustang sales. the mustang sells itself. u should know that by now. make ford a step above all else. its gotta happen n its gotta happen soon. i'm tired of ppl saying ford sucks. i'm a diehard ford fan and u guys are making this real hard for me to defend u with everything u do. just do it for the ppl. once u got the ppl believing, the money will come.

From where I sit, Ford seems to have taken the stance that right now, it is more important to stay alive than go after bleeding edge products. Granted, they are dumping huge amounts into R&D, however, right now they are focusing on stopping the cash hemmorage. I think that a product to challenge the Corvette will be down the road. Rule #1 at the Harvard School for Business, never run out of cash. I see Ford watching their cash right now. They are focusing efforts on getting production under control and aligned with sales. I see some good things happening in '09 if the profitability comes back. In this case, as an industry observer, I would say that the Corvette doesn't represent that much of a threat to Ford's bottom line. Ford has shown they can bring a product from design to build in less than two years and it whooped the pants off of just about everything except for the Bugatti Veyron (Sweeeet!).

Like Radar O'Reilly on M.A.S.H. always said, "Wait for it....."