Michigan Truck

Michigander

Just thought I'd try to see if anyone still works here at the plant or, If everybody left for better things......Have not heard any new info on the COA since it was voted in by the TPT's. Looks like most of the supervisors are jumping ship also. Looking more like a goast town everyday. We do not get any info in the body shop anymore so, if anyone is still on the north side of the tracks please let us know.

Just thought I'd try to see if anyone still works here at the plant or, If everybody left for better things......Have not heard any new info on the COA since it was voted in by the TPT's. Looks like most of the supervisors are jumping ship also. Looking more like a goast town everyday. We do not get any info in the body shop anymore so, if anyone is still on the north side of the tracks please let us know.

No new rumors as of today. Union is keeping a low profile since they shoved the COA up our butts. Lot's of TFT's can't stay the course and drop out every day. We have a new one, she is the sister of one of the female foreman from days.It will be interesting to see if she gets special treatment. We all will be watching. I would love to kow the name of the TFT who turns down jobs and get better ones. It was posted on Blue Oval that both her parents work at MTP. No one will tell us when we are supposted to go to 4 10 hour days. Morale is very low in Chassis on nights. Is Stan (one of the superintendant's leaving, too.)

New one here! Jan 3 1995 cutoff to stay on 1 shift. However, MTP will not be going to one shift, the 2nd shift (nights) will be run exclusively with TFT's. TFT's were not brought in to cover people leaving on buyouts, they are being brought in to run the plant if UAW goes on strike in Sept.

:redcard: Do you seriously think 1 TFT, TPT, will leave their vehicle in the parking lot and cross a picket line, yet alone a Teamster to unload a truck if there is a strike??? get real folks..... :hysterical:

Teamsters!..........Now your talkin my lingo..god, I mis those guys!

Here is what nights were told at MTP Wed.night. Committeeman says we will be on 4 10's by April. Unofficially, we will be on one shift by April.

Questions, so what happens to the TFT's at that time.?

Heard that John Savonna (Plant Manager recieved a 6 figure bonus for getting the COA in at MTP.

Also heard that Darrell Nolan will get Jeff Washington's position as President of Local 900 due to his excellent job of getting the COA in at MTP.

So what exactly did we get from the COA. Any info or corrections would be appreciated.

Here is what nights were told at MTP Wed.night. Committeeman says we will be on 4 10's by April. Unofficially, we will be on one shift by April.

Questions, so what happens to the TFT's at that time.?

Heard that John Savonna (Plant Manager recieved a 6 figure bonus for getting the COA in at MTP.

Also heard that Darrell Nolan will get Jeff Washington's position as President of Local 900 due to his excellent job of getting the COA in at MTP.

So what exactly did we get from the COA. Any info or corrections would be appreciated.

NO 4 10's it's going to be 5 10's with no tag relief that is gone and not an option which was said in the meeting.

Oh damn, my hubby is 1043 on the seniority list last time he checked. Does anybody know how many people left with the last round of retirements & buyouts?

Nobody knows..buyouts are still up in the air. I'm wondering where people get these seniority cutoff dates from..Jan. 3 '95? Seems awfully specific, considering nobody knows what the final, actual # of buyouts will be. As far as the seniority list goes...I haven't looked at the damn thing in awhile. Why bother..your name won't go higher if you stare at it long enough. Whatever happens, happens..and nobody knows yet what that will be.

Nobody knows..buyouts are still up in the air. I'm wondering where people get these seniority cutoff dates from..Jan. 3 '95? Seems awfully specific, considering nobody knows what the final, actual # of buyouts will be. As far as the seniority list goes...I haven't looked at the damn thing in awhile. Why bother..your name won't go higher if you stare at it long enough. Whatever happens, happens..and nobody knows yet what that will be.
Heard from Darryl betweeen Jan,03 and Jan,17 ,95 is cut off. Depends on if relief comes back or not.

Rumor has it the shift reduction will affect:

940 production.... 43 trades divided amoung ele, m/w, pf, tm, carp etc.... Is that better no specific seniority range

34mw.....29pf......10tm........5weld.....3carp......7mr

2 maint shifts 9-5pm 1am-9am

Does anyone know the starting times when the line goes on the 4 10's (really 5 10's) next month? Also how does that affect Good Friday for the afternoon shift? Also when in April will they go down to one shift? I have asked my committeeman all these questions but of course got no answers. Here is where the information is. Sift through the rumors and the info. is there. Thanks for any answers. I have July, 96 seniority.

Rumor has it the shift reduction will affect:

940 production.... 43 trades divided amoung ele, m/w, pf, tm, carp etc.... Is that better no specific seniority range

Wow, 940 production. And all of them with '95 or earlier seniority..that's gonna be a shitload of fun, trying to work bare bones like that, 5 10's and Saturdays..most everyone in their 40's at least..hoo boy. Better stock up on your BenGay, ibuprofen and Gold Bond..gonna get real old, real fast. I'll be laid off, probably get called back to cover AWOLS. I also have July '96.

Edited by Hellcat_F6F

Wow, 940 production. And all of them with '95 or earlier seniority..that's gonna be a shitload of fun, trying to work bare bones like that, 5 10's and Saturdays..most everyone in their 40's at least..hoo boy. Better stock up on your BenGay, ibuprofen and Gold Bond..gonna get real old, real fast. I'll be laid off, probably get called back to cover AWOLS. I also have July '96.

One more thing to think about. A lot of the people who are staying probably have not done real jobs in years. Yeah, it will be back to the line and work like the rest of us. I wish I could be a fly on the wall so I could see what is going on. Hopefully, someone will be posting here. I figure that I will be over at Wayne Assy. But it might be a while before that move is completed. Plus we have the flowbacks from Wixon.

Hey sonny, I am in my fifties, work in trim, do not miss any time, and have July 96 seniority.You do the math. I have a job nobody wants, or will do, just trying to get my time in. I am tired of 20. 30 and 40 somethings walking around doing nothing and complaining about it. It is amazing the amount of younger people that have not ever had to do a job. I believe that there will be some soreness from these older folks coming back to the line, but where did they work in the plant befor the Expy? Do not think that the work will not get done. I am willing to bet that Awols' and medical calls will go down after a small amount of brake in time. Remember, we are running many extra vehicles now, so as to break in the personnel going to the line on one shift slowly, as in 96.

Hey sonny, I am in my fifties, work in trim, do not miss any time, and have July 96 seniority.You do the math. I have a job nobody wants, or will do, just trying to get my time in. I am tired of 20. 30 and 40 somethings walking around doing nothing and complaining about it. It is amazing the amount of younger people that have not ever had to do a job. I believe that there will be some soreness from these older folks coming back to the line, but where did they work in the plant before the Expy? Do not think that the work will not get done. I am willing to bet that Awols' and medical calls will go down after a small amount of break in time. Remember, we are running many extra vehicles now, so as to break in the personnel going to the line on one shift slowly, as in 96.

Hey sonny, I am in my fifties, work in trim, do not miss any time, and have July 96 seniority.You do the math. I have a job nobody wants, or will do, just trying to get my time in. I am tired of 20. 30 and 40 somethings walking around doing nothing and complaining about it. It is amazing the amount of younger people that have not ever had to do a job. I believe that there will be some soreness from these older folks coming back to the line, but where did they work in the plant before the Expy? Do not think that the work will not get done. I am willing to bet that Awols' and medical calls will go down after a small amount of break in time. Remember, we are running many extra vehicles now, so as to break in the personnel going to the line on one shift slowly, as in 96.

Hey Paymaster! I work in Chassis, and we were told that all the vehicles that we are building now have alread been sold. So you are saying that they are just bulding a bank of extras? That doesn't surprise me at all. And did anyone mention that when we voted on the 4 10's (which would have been pushed through anyway) that we were really going to work 5 10's and Sats. So the people who thought they would be getting an extra day off for the weekend got hoodwinked like the rest of us. I have July of 96 seniority also, and who knows maybe we will get to a better place than MTP. I have personally worked my butt off most of the time I have been here and no AWOL's, medicals' or restrictions.

Edited by Emigh

At least the over 40 crowd shows up for work instead of playing Nintendo in Moms basement.