And I thought the Tundra was SUPERIOR!?!

ebritt

Wow...700,000 plus blind loyalists per year?

Ya, it's kind of scary that you people would go spend your money with out checking out the competition. Because if you checked out the competition today, you would not be driving an F150.

Seems to me it might be the 100,000 Toyota buyers that are drinking the Kool-Aid.

I've not driven the Toyota (can't bring myself to go to their dealers), but I have driven the Dodge and Chebbie (GMC really...less ugly). They have nothing on Ford as a total package, and it appears neither does Toyota.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems to me it might be the 100,000 Toyota buyers that are drinking the Kool-Aid.

I've not driven the Toyota (can't bring myself to go to their dealers), but I have driven the Dodge and Chebbie (GMC really...less ugly). They have nothing on Ford as a total package, and it appears neither does Toyota.

You guys are right, the F150 is probably the best truck, I just heard about an article where the F150 did a 13 second 1/4 mile pulling 5000# and stopped faster than any other truck in it's class. You should pick it up, it was in Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewart was driving. Ha Ha Ha. Every automotive publication rated the F150 last, but you were lucky because P.M. magazine printed something that you would prefer to read. The bottom line is that the Tundra is a superior truck. The fact is the F150 when tested has poor brakes, and I am sure P.M. magazine will make a correction in a future issue.

I love trolling on this site, I have never seen any other site with so many FISH.

You guys are right, the F150 is probably the best truck, I just heard about an article where the F150 did a 13 second 1/4 mile pulling 5000# and stopped faster than any other truck in it's class. You should pick it up, it was in Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewart was driving. Ha Ha Ha. Every automotive publication rated the F150 last, but you were lucky because P.M. magazine printed something that you would prefer to read. The bottom line is that the Tundra is a superior truck. The fact is the F150 when tested has poor brakes, and I am sure P.M. magazine will make a correction in a future issue.

I love trolling on this site, I have never seen any other site with so many FISH.

and you are acting like an Anchovy....baiting bugger....if the F-150's brakes are poor what does that make the Toyotas????? Fred Flintstone does a better job....and if Martha had the Toyota she would have got away...I hear she is driving for them in NASCAR......and words of wisdom...Automotive magazines are spec oriented.....read a truck magazine for a reality check, not an article from a guy that just got out of a Hennesy Viper....

Are you blind CARfreak?

This was explained already by Old Fairmont Wagon on page #2 post #31, go back and read it. Since the F-150 has the highest payload weight and tow ratings in it's class the ABS brake system is programed with a heavy front bias when empty to prevent rear lockup. As you can see the benifit is much better brake performance than the Tundra when loaded.

While you are looking under the trucks note Ford's fully boxed frame with crossmembers that go all the way through the main rails and are welded on both sides making the F-150 frame torsionally stronger than Toyota's C-channel frame. That's why the Tundra's box-to-cab gap has to be much wider than the F-150 so then the TOYota's frame flexes the box will not contact the cab.

Also note the F-150's stronger rear leaf springs are much wider than TOYota's.

I have driven a Tundra and that 5.7L sure does piston slap when started cold, maybe TOYota shouldn't have rushed that engine plant 7-months ahead of schedule on the 5.7L

When is TOYota going to upgrade their standard 4.7L truck V8? You know, the one with the 1980's technology expensive to replace rubber band timing belt and the starter under the intake manifold which more than doubles the price and down-time required for a simple starter change. Do those tube steel 4.7L exhaust manifolds still crack at the head flange after a few years? Do TOYota owners still have to pay the dealer to clear their (check engine) light if they don't get the gas cap tight enough or have they followed Ford's lead yet and have a simple reminder on the instrument panel if the PCM detects an evaporative emission system pressure loss (loose cap).

You all seem to be impressed by the fully boxed frame on the F150, you figure it is better because it has less flex. You are incorrect thinking fully boxed is always better. I work on large trucks, dump trucks, tractors etc. You will not find a boxed frame on any of them, they all use "C" channel frames, this allows the frame to return to it's original shape after any form of abuse or overloading. The problem with a fully boxed frame is that in severe adverse conditions the frame may crack or be bent to a point where it is permminently damaged. There has to be flex engineered into the frame. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with the frame on the F150, but like anything else, each has it's advantages and disadvantges. Toyota has chosen to go the other route. But do not assume that the Toyota frame is any weaker than the Ford, it is just different.

You all seem to be impressed by the fully boxed frame on the F150, you figure it is better because it has less flex. You are incorrect thinking fully boxed is always better. I work on large trucks, dump trucks, tractors etc. You will not find a boxed frame on any of them, they all use "C" channel frames, this allows the frame to return to it's original shape after any form of abuse or overloading. The problem with a fully boxed frame is that in severe adverse conditions the frame may crack or be bent to a point where it is permminently damaged. There has to be flex engineered into the frame. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with the frame on the F150, but like anything else, each has it's advantages and disadvantges. Toyota has chosen to go the other route. But do not assume that the Toyota frame is any weaker than the Ford, it is just different.

rubbish...stronger the foundation better the elements designed to handle stress situations can do their job...it's called REAL suspension..........next up flexy Formula one cars...oh hold it Toyota is in formula one.....and they SUCK.....and Nascar.......I will be interested to see if their desert running race trucks retain a FLEXY chassis....LOL! And NEVER heard of chassis crackin in a 150, a big YES on Toyotas previous Tundra....guess one is designed to handle those stress situs a little better than the other....and figure this one out.....whos frame ( ie boxed ) do the competion emulate the most...damn maybe Toyota knows better??????you have now been relegated from Anchovy to Guppy...female at thet...no fancy tail for you.....

rubbish...stronger the foundation better the elements designed to handle stress situations can do their job...it's called REAL suspension..........next up flexy Formula one cars...oh hold it Toyota is in formula one.....and they SUCK.....and Nascar.......I will be interested to see if their desert running race trucks retain a FLEXY chassis....LOL! And NEVER heard of chassis crackin in a 150, a big YES on Toyotas previous Tundra....guess one is designed to handle those stress situs a little better than the other....and figure this one out.....whos frame ( ie boxed ) do the competion emulate the most...damn maybe Toyota knows better??????you have now been relegated from Anchovy to Guppy...female at thet...no fancy tail for you.....

I think Toyota does know better, that is why they are making money and Ford is losing it's shirt. For your information (because you seem to have a serious lacking in that department) The Toyota frame is boxed up front where it counts and "C" chanel under the box. Ford is doing very well in Nascar, they should put half as much effort into the retail end of their busness and build something with a little quality that an educated (not you) person will purchase.