I bought a C1 Focus. (Not 56K friendly)

LincolnFan

Wow a real Focus... Good to hear about the quality interior as well... Ford of NA has a lot of work to do or they might as well just close all US passenger car production and let FoE and FOA handle it while FoNA makes trucks and Mustangs...

I no longer have faith in Ford of North America operations...

Edited by Watchdevil

The LCD in the Focus was eliminated with the 2005 update.

The Navigation panels are LCD however, and Ford is generously offering that feature on most of their cars now. I'm not sure the Focus is included, but I doubt it (sadly).

For a while, Ford was using an LCD odometer on its E-Series and F-Series. I assume the E-Series is still using it since the dash has not been updated recently.

Edited by BORG

Of course you do. That's because you are fond of assuming not that the glass is half empty, but that the liquid in it is actually poison.

The 2008 Focus gets Sync as an option, therefore Sat Nav is also an option.

Good, if it can't be pretty, at least it can be adequately equipped.

Technically, calculators use a 7 pixel display as below:

._
|_|
|_|.

And very often the background is not illuminated because you seldom need your readout lit.

Not to be a stickler, but LCD displays are not only black. An LCD display has three components -- the screen, the background and the background lighting.

Remember black and white TVs? Why were they black and white? Well, because they used only a phosphorous that glowed white then it was excited by electrons bombarding it by the CRT electron gun. The actual gun is basically the same in a colour TV. Only the screen has changed. Now in a colour TV instead of having pockets that either glow white or don't glow, they have "pockets" of phosphorous that glow only of the tree primary colours, which togeter give you the colour.

Similarly, old LCDs only had a matrix made up of pixels that turned black, or not. Put a grey, blue, white background behind, that's what you saw. However, now LCDs thave the ability to filter the background colours. Take your laptop screen, change the white backlight and change it to a red one, the colours you see would change.

The point I'm trying to make is that a colour LCD IS still an LCD.

http://www.howstuffworks.com/lcd.htm

• 6 months later...
Yep, gotta say the C1 is much nicer internally than Series 1. Down here in Australia our C1 Focus is built in Thailand but the quality is as good as the imported European XR5Ts. It's a shame Ford NA sat on its hands with this one, you guys are missing a great car. Suggest a trip to Mexico to check it out.

...Or we can just take a ride to our local Mazda dealer and drive a Mazda3

The interior looks nicer, but the outside looks like hybrid of 2005 Five Hundred and same year Focus. And we all know how much the auto media liked those cars. I would like to see a real road test of the Euro C1 vs the 2008 C170 and see what really is suppsoedly 'better'.

The interior looks nicer, but the outside looks like hybrid of 2005 Five Hundred and same year Focus. And we all know how much the auto media liked those cars. I would like to see a real road test of the Euro C1 vs the 2008 C170 and see what really is suppsoedly 'better'.

Would you also need a road test to tell you if a Ferrari is better than a Yugo???

:finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger::finger: