Ford Subcompacts for U.S. Will Come From...

pcsario

I'd like to know where those extra 2 doors are they are talking about in the PM article are coming from on that car!

Plus you totally missed this:

A Ford official declined to identify the baby Ford, but hinted that it is a version of a product soon to be unveiled for South American markets

They've had Ecosports and other cars not sold in the US cammoed up and they never came to our shores...so I wouldn't worry about it too much

What your saying is pretty much contradicting what has been said or rumored to be happening..that we would be getting the Euro Fiesta or some form of it

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic.../703050412/1148

While I don't think we'll get a totally unmolested version of the Euro Fiesta, it should be better then the built for Brazilian market one.

All they're saying is we're getting "the Fiesta", which is an european car. How you go from that to "they're saying we'll get the euro-spec Fiesta" beats me. Replace NA with Brazil and the exact same quote could've been used to describe the arrival of their previous Fiesta. It was pretty much the same design, just cheapeaned to FoB standards.

BTW, don't worry, the car in that pic is meant to replace their Ka.

• 3 weeks later...
What about the Ka? From the photos I've seen, it looks like an appealing small car choice.

"Small" being the keyword. The Ka is even smaller than the Fiesta. It's an attractive package for an A-size car, but it's just too small to be widely accepted in the US market.