Ford workers hard at work on the "job"

AdamCaan

??????????????

Back to the original topic: Employees at a Ford plant was filmed taking extremely long breaks and was drinking alcohol when they should have been at work instead.

The slackers should have been fired.

AGREE!!!!!! Maybe once the other union members wake up and see the same light then maybe the UAW will gain respect from everyone outside the union!!!!! We ALL know this happens and we all turn a blind eye that is the sad part!!!! Union used to help unsafe conditions, bad treatment from management and equal work, now it seems they stand for the drunks and all the lazy workers!!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are making a lot of assumptions about people that you do not even know. Maybe that person's father works for Ford, and he is just wearing a Ford hat that was given to him. Maybe that other person is taking a vacation day, or a 3.9. You would fit right in back in the seventeenth century, at the witch trials. I am not promoting anything, I am just saying that there are two sides. Maybe someone who is like a wrecking crew is better off not being in the plant, even if he is being paid. Some times, in some places, managers are promoted just to get them out of the way.

I don't think anyone here is making assumptions. I personally spent 35 years in a Ford/Visteon/ACH plant. I saw this kind of stuff everyday. Hilo drivers getting someone to cover them so they could take a long lunch, skilled trades getting someone to cover them so they could take a long lunch and yes even supervisors getting some to cover them so they could go across the street and play a quick round of 9 holes of golf.And please don't get me started about the Union Reps and how they always disappear from the plant!!!! I've seen it all with my own two eyes. I've seen one hilo driver driving like an idiot because he's doing two jobs, I've seen lines go down because one tradesman can't be in two places at once and I've seen the same people bitch and moan as soon as the company wants to reduce the number of hilo drivers or trades!!!! When are people going to wake up!!!!The American car makers have to use twice as many people to get the same amount of work done as the Japanese car makers!! This costs money and eventually JOBS!!! We've done it to ourselves!!!! When you signed on with Ford you were told you get so many minutes for break and so many minutes for lunch, NO MORE NO LESS. By taking long lunches/breaks you are in violation of your contract and should be TERMINATED!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

Edited by 51071

I don't think anyone here is making assumptions. I personally spent 35 years in a Ford/Visteon/ACH plant. I saw this kind of stuff everyday. Hilo drivers getting someone to cover them so they could take a long lunch, skilled trades getting someone to cover them so they could take a long lunch and yes even supervisors getting some to cover them so they could go across the street and play a quick round of 9 holes of golf.And please don't get me started about the Union Reps and how they always disappear from the plant!!!! I've seen it all with my own two eyes. I've seen one hilo driver driving like an idiot because he's doing two jobs, I've seen lines go down because one tradesman can't be in two places at once and I've seen the same people bitch and moan as soon as the company wants to reduce the number of hilo drivers or trades!!!! When are people going to wake up!!!!The American car makers have to use twice as many people to get the same amount of work done as the Japanese car makers!! This costs money and eventually JOBS!!! We've done it to ourselves!!!! When you signed on with Ford you were told you get so many minutes for break and so many minutes for lunch, NO MORE NO LESS. By taking long lunches/breaks you are in violation of your contract and should be TERMINATED!!!!!!!!!!! :finger:

The truth hurts :whipped:

Just wondering if you worked at the Sandusky plant?

Because I seen all of these same things there. I seen one when a guy lost his stacker license, and then the union got it back for him and filed a grievance for the over time he missed!!!!

I'm just saying this shit is ford wide, not just at this plant shown.

It is sickening, how can you be proud of the work you do when you are associated with these idiots??

Edited by WHATwhat

Just wondering if you worked at the Sandusky plant?

Because I seen all of these same things there. I seen one when a guy lost his stacker license, and then the union got it back for him and filed a grievance for the over time he missed!!!!

I'm just saying this shit is ford wide, not just at this plant shown.

It is sickening, how can you be proud of the work you do when you are associated with these idiots??

I would even venture to say it is big 3 wide!! You know why??? 3 letters. U A W I have family that works at a GM plant and the same shit goes on there. And it's the same outcome every time the company tries to do something about. The union fights their ass tooth and nail, cuts all kinds of deals trying to save all the worthless trash and 9 times out of 10 they save them. They might get some time off but when they come back they file another grievance and get them back pay, so it's like a nice little paid vacation. Where else can you go work and get treated like that when you fuck up???

The problem is that the union protects the bums.

95% of the people are hard working great people.

The problem lies with the 5% that do not show up for work and don't do their job.

It drags the whole system into the gutter.

Then of course look at the union leaders. Charly thinks him and Basil are doing a great job because they get buyouts for the members while the whole ship is sinking.

Edited by Bluecon

The problem lies with the 5% that do not show up for work and don't do their job.

Then of course look at the union leaders. Charly thinks him and Basil are doing a great job because they get buyouts for the members while the whole ship is sinking.

Yeah! lol

"While the whole ship is sinking, the crew is at the bar drinking!"

Not bad Eh! ;)

It is more than 5%.

At NAP it was more like 15% to 20%. Then throw the all the union officals in there and it goes up to about 25%.

There was this older guy that worked with us at Siemens Electromechanical who always was raising caine that we should go union. He always wore a hard hat with the UAW logo on it and every single day bitched about how the company owed us! He didnt do shit and was one of the highest paid people there!! He made almost 30 bucks an hour as a toolmaker and never lifted a finger. He read the paper and drank coffee all day.

When Tyco bought us out, he was the first one out the door. I hated Tyco but have to say they did the right thing there.

My point is, I have seen a shitload of lazy , good for nothing , jerkoffs get paid buttloads of money because the Union protected them. For all you guys out ther bust your ass to support you families....these guys are screwing you!

They give you the vaseline with that screwing, but they dont put any sand in to keep you from liking it!