2008 Lincoln MKX Improvement

Has anyone heard what improvements Lincoln is planning to make to the 2008 MKX? I heard there is a 3.7 liter version the V6 coming and improved brakes. Is that for 2008 or later?

I also ready that starting with the 2008 model year, SIRIUS Radio to be standard Lincoln MKZ, Lincoln MKX, Lincoln Navigator, Lincoln Navigator L and Lincoln Mark LT. A six-month pre-paid subscription to SIRIUS is included with each vehicle.

I read that Ford is trying to make the MKX more distinctive from the EDGE. What have you heard?

Edited by Radius

Has anyone heard what improvements Lincoln is planning to make to the 2008 MKX? I heard there is a 3.7 liter version the V6 coming and improved breaks. Is that for 2008 or later?

I also ready that starting with the 2008 model year, SIRIUS Radio to be standard Lincoln MKZ, Lincoln MKX, Lincoln Navigator, Lincoln Navigator L and Lincoln Mark LT. A six-month pre-paid subscription to SIRIUS is included with each vehicle.

I read that Ford is trying to make the MKX more distinctive from the EDGE. What have you heard?

According to an engineer friend who worked on the original MKX - not much. Sync and new tires that should help the braking plus the standard Sirius.

There should be a lot of new features available on the Edge, however such as the power liftgate, etc.

According to an engineer friend who worked on the original MKX - not much. Sync and new tires that should help the braking plus the standard Sirius.

There should be a lot of new features available on the Edge, however such as the power liftgate, etc.

I would not be surprised to see the Lincoln sporting the 3.7 as the standard engine. Rumor has it that it will be standard in the Mazda CX-9 and I can't see Ford selling it to a subsidiary and not putting it in the Lincoln to one-up the edge.

I would not be surprised to see the Lincoln sporting the 3.7 as the standard engine. Rumor has it that it will be standard in the Mazda CX-9 and I can't see Ford selling it to a subsidiary and not putting it in the Lincoln to one-up the edge.

The 3.7 will not be going to Mazda, at least not yet. Everything I have heard is that its a lincoln exclusive engine for now.

I am not sure I uderstand how only a tire change could make that much difference on braking as some have posted in the EDGE area? From what I saw in a couple of reviews, including the Motor Week PBS show, the MKX stopped from 60 - 0 MPH in about 140 feet. I think normal for a vehicle of this size is about 130 feet or a little less.

Could a tire change take off 10 feet?

Edited by Radius

Could a tire change take off 10 feet?

Yes. Once the brake system generates enough force to lock up the wheels then the only variable is the friction between the tire and the road. More friction = shorter stops. New pads or other brake system changes can get you to lockup sooner but after that it's still the tires doing the work. A suspension change that keeps the weight more evenly distributed would also help.

Edited by akirby

Anyone have any specs on the 3.7L?

The only thing I have seen is this Autoweek report and that its a 2009 product and not 2008.

http://autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?...24/TOC01ARCHIVE

"MIAMI -- Ford Motor Co. is developing a V-6 engine that will be used exclusively by Lincoln.

The 3.7-liter V-6 will appear in the 2009 Lincoln MKS sedan and could be offered in the MKX crossover. The recently introduced 2007 Lincoln MKX is equipped with a 3.5-liter V-6, the same engine used in the Ford Edge and other Ford and Mercury models.

The 3.7-liter V-6 will differentiate Lincoln from Ford and Mercury models "in terms of torque and horsepower," said Cisco Codina, Ford Motor's group vice president of North American marketing, sales and service."

• 3 weeks later...

I found the Ford 2008 fleet showroom site and it looks like a couple of new changes for 2008:

Ford Sync™ voice-activated communications and entertainment system, optional, and the standard SIRIUS Satellite Radio. It doesn't look like the new 3.7 liter V6 is going to make the 2008 model.

There is not any discussion about improved brakes

https://www.fleet.ford.com/showroom/2008fle...om/2008-MKX.asp

:stats:

• 2 weeks later...
i believe mark fields said it would be lincoln exclusive

Here is a link to the California Air Resources Board...

http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/ccvl/2008ccvl.htm

If you will note, Mazda has certified a 3.7 liter engine for the 2008 model year. From what I have come to learn, it is based on the Duratec 3.7, but is an all-Mazda build.

Edited by Going_Going_Gone