KTP COA

KTPgal89

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then q-u-i-t. Stop paying the Union dues. Find another j-o-b. If you hate paying so much, and hate this company, do us all a favor and leave. And no, I do not want to hear your sob story about why you can't leave.

You probably walk around the plant with one of those Mike Stewa** "They Can Do That" shirts. Yes, they can. Because they are the company. They write the checks.

Go away.

:kissass: keep paying (wasting) your dues you retard. open those eyes you have and see the light brother. UAW SUCKS. you must be a committeman, better yet, i bet your mike abell huh? no one said anything about hating the company, its the worthless pieces of shit that call themselves UAW that everyone hates. tell me something thats worthy of $700 a year for those dues you pay. maybe if you get to go on the suckass conventions in las vegas and hire some prostitutes and gamble on that money, other than that, i cant think of anything else. if you can tell me something. i'll be waiting.......................

:kissass: keep paying (wasting) your dues you retard. open those eyes you have and see the light brother. UAW SUCKS. you must be a committeman, better yet, i bet your mike abell huh? no one said anything about hating the company, its the worthless pieces of shit that call themselves UAW that everyone hates. tell me something thats worthy of $700 a year for those dues you pay. maybe if you get to go on the suckass conventions in las vegas and hire some prostitutes and gamble on that money, other than that, i cant think of anything else. if you can tell me something. i'll be waiting.......................

Or he could be one of those pieces of shit that they protect. Probably had a restriction since his 90 day probation period was up and comes to work 1 or 2 days a week.

UAW is here to stay.And from what I see you are in a minority as far as hating the UAW.You sure do come across as an ungreatful a-hole.You knew that Ford is a union shop when you hired on. If you don't like it find yourself another job.

Big blue Fury,

You are a prime example what is wrong with unions today. You are the union and yet you will backstab your union brothers and sisters just to get ahead. I know who you are but will come talk to you in person about your frustrations and lack of knowledge of what a true union brother is. I have read this new C.O.A. agreement and it seems pretty damn good, but you do not like the attendance policy because you miss a hell of alot of work. Now I am sure you will reply that you miss no work, but to tell you all before he does make some stupid statement, he is part of the 10 % that screws us all. We just got sole producer up to 400,000 units a year untill 2011. The union negotiated to allow 4% personal days from 2.5 %, this is great because people like you who don't come to work screwed us in the past. Brothers and sisters from KTP, please do not take anything that this dumbass states as truth. We are a young plant and need to gain more and more production in the future and the new COA is the first step. I agree change is hard but we at KTP are not being forced to leave and move our families to another state. You can look for yourself at this agreement and see that it is ten times better than any other COA agreement including our sister plant LAP. You all have an option and a right to vote, please use it wisely and read the COA for yourselves and make your vote for the future. I think we will be able to retire from KTP, but we all hate change and change is here.

Good post,

I would just like to make one correction. The sole producer language protects us until the end of the 2010 model run, based on the frequency of past model changes that should protect us until at least 2015 if not 2020.

UAW is here to stay.And from what I see you are in a minority as far as hating the UAW.You sure do come across as an ungreatful a-hole.You knew that Ford is a union shop when you hired on. If you don't like it find yourself another job.

As Lee Corso says "not so quick my friend". The UAW has lost 5-6 hundred-thousand jobs in the auto industry in the last few years and it doesnt look like its going to slow down anytime soon. The UAW is a has been and you can keep dreaming all the way to the unemployment line. If you think Im a minority try talking to the people around you and see what they say. Do you know that right now the uaw is fighting like hell to organize the transplants just to keep their money coming in. The uaw hates honda and toyota but they want their money bad, thats sad. :censored::censored:

Big blue Fury,

You are a prime example what is wrong with unions today. You are the union and yet you will backstab your union brothers and sisters just to get ahead. I know who you are but will come talk to you in person about your frustrations and lack of knowledge of what a true union brother is. I have read this new C.O.A. agreement and it seems pretty damn good, but you do not like the attendance policy because you miss a hell of alot of work. Now I am sure you will reply that you miss no work, but to tell you all before he does make some stupid statement, he is part of the 10 % that screws us all. We just got sole producer up to 400,000 units a year untill 2011. The union negotiated to allow 4% personal days from 2.5 %, this is great because people like you who don't come to work screwed us in the past. Brothers and sisters from KTP, please do not take anything that this dumbass states as truth. We are a young plant and need to gain more and more production in the future and the new COA is the first step. I agree change is hard but we at KTP are not being forced to leave and move our families to another state. You can look for yourself at this agreement and see that it is ten times better than any other COA agreement including our sister plant LAP. You all have an option and a right to vote, please use it wisely and read the COA for yourselves and make your vote for the future. I think we will be able to retire from KTP, but we all hate change and change is here.

UAW all the way. You don't know me and you're not going to tell me in person. I am far from the story you have decided to tell in order to make your point about the minority screwing it up for the majority. By the way if you do know me I would love to ask you to your face why you would come on here and try to make me look bad. I don't know you and I don't care who you are. I could care less about attendance and if you have been here for awhile you know that it doesn't mean shit if it is up to 4% because the only time that is an issue is days when everyone wants off like Halloween, Oaks. Keep giving and see where your union gets you. The UAW is its own enemy. We are no longer fighting to gain it is now a fight to maintain and we can't even do that. I'd say that you think if it doesn't pass we're going to close and you are scared to vote against it. The real problem with the unions today is that there is no threat of a strike, there is no fight in the membership and the majority of the representatives are not accountable , just along for the easy ride. I have a rep who I haven't seen in a month. I have yet to see someone run and say they will come out 2-3 times a week and win. But as soon as they are in there you know the rest. Don't attack me when you know you don't have a clue about me. Vote NO.

are we going to tag relief in trim and chassis?

The team leaders had a meeting after B-Crew last night with the Union & Management. They were told that Trim would be on tag relief. One of the Frame and Chassis Lines is on Tag Relief, and the other is on Mass Relief. I can't remember which was which, but I think it was Fast Chassis that was to be on tag. They said this move would create about 100 jobs. That's all I know about it.

Good post,

I would just like to make one correction. The sole producer language protects us until the end of the 2010 model run, based on the frequency of past model changes that should protect us until at least 2015 if not 2020.

The next generation truck should run 2011 to 2014 if Ford does not delay redesigns, (which they normally do).

UAW is on its way out. why you think ford is walking all over them? maybe cuz they are WORTHLESS? when i hired in years ago, the union was good. now that the old guys are gone, and these young guys are in, they have no balls to fight for anything. this stupid ass COA will pass even though every1 ive talked to said they will vote it down. the crooked ass UAW will pass this thing 51-49 just like the last vote that every1 voted against.

Conspicuously absent from your COA is your stamping plant. Other than being identified as one of the "areas", like paint, bodyand trim, it wasn't in the release copy of the COA that I saw.

I know the stamping plant is physically separated from the rest of Ky Truck. I've heard that the vender/contractor is operating one of the presses, and pulling maintenance on it, too. Is Ford getting ready to outsource stamping?

Conspicuously absent from your COA is your stamping plant. Other than being identified as one of the "areas", like paint, bodyand trim, it wasn't in the release copy of the COA that I saw.

I know the stamping plant is physically separated from the rest of Ky Truck. I've heard that the vender/contractor is operating one of the presses, and pulling maintenance on it, too. Is Ford getting ready to outsource stamping?

with this piece of shit union, all jobs will be outsourced in 10 years. vote no on this coa, like it matters it will pass 51-49 even if noone votes for it. just look at the last vote

[. tell me something thats worthy of $700 a year for those dues you pay.

How about if you have medical bills in excess of 5,000 dollars a month and all you have to pay is a small co-payment.

Or if you have had any children, the birth alone cost over 10,000 dollars and you pay nothing.

Not that anyone seems to understand, but if you go anywhere else you will be paying more than 60 dollars a month and receiving a whole lot less in medical benefits, vacation, holiday pay.

Just ask the TPT's that are being fired after a week, because they can't keep up with a job, or being forced to come back after only 6 hours in between shifts, or don't have the luxury to miss a day without worring about whether they will have a job when they come back.

FYI, I have over 12 years with ford, I am not always happy with what the UAW does, but I am gratefull for what I have, because I know that it could be a whole lot worse somewhere else.

Thanks for your time.

Ford set up the stamping plants as the SBU (Stamping Business Unit) just like the parts division, ACH. And you can see what is now happening to the ACH plants.

The team leaders had a meeting after B-Crew last night with the Union & Management. They were told that Trim would be on tag relief. One of the Frame and Chassis Lines is on Tag Relief, and the other is on Mass Relief. I can't remember which was which, but I think it was Fast Chassis that was to be on tag. They said this move would create about 100 jobs. That's all I know about it.

Trim, Chas 1 and Frame 1 will Tag, Chas 2 and Frame 2 will Mass (go figure). Tire room will remain on the 3 8hr shifts until they can workout some of the issues they have with keeping up with the line.

The coa says we are getting the flexible body shop. I heard that no other plant has anything in writing saying that they are getting anything for voting in the coa. Does anyone know if this is true?

The COA actually says that we are getting a Laser Bodyshop, it will be the first one in north America, it also states that we are getting hydroform stamping and a retooled doorline. These additions will require a huge capital investment and will be required to support the sole producer language.

The Rouge got "lead plant" on the new F150.

The COA actually says that we are getting a Laser Bodyshop, it will be the first one in north America, it also states that we are getting hydroform stamping and a retooled doorline. These additions will require a huge capital investment and will be required to support the sole producer language.

The Rouge got "lead plant" on the new F150.

not tryin to bust anyones bubble............but......all these so called "agreements to be sole producer until 2011" and this huge investments in the plant dont mean shit. ask the people from avon lake or lorain, they had a $3 mil paint dept put in and everyone thought they were safe, 6 mos later..........closed. it can all be used as a tax write off. money dont mean shit to ford. people should have learned that by now, agreements dont mean shit to them either, i.e. the raise we were "supposed" to get and they took it away. it was already negotiated into the contract, yet we had vote to forgo the raise, everyone or at least the majority voted no, but it mysteriously passed 51-49. bottom line is, the UAW sucks and they are gonna let ford do what they want, when they want, and the UAW aint gonna do a damn thing about it. we work for ford, not the UAW, they are VERY limited as to what they can do. the days of a strong union are gone. the union is scared to death of states going to "right to work" cuz they would have people dropping out like flies. thats the reason they are so damn worried about organizing at toyota. why the hell would they want to be union in a japanese shop that they bash day in and day out? maybe so they can increase thier dues again. god forbid it cut into thier trips to las vegas and such. could go on and on, but dont want to make this too long so no one will read it all.

It is not mentioned because it is not because it is not being considered for outsourcing. In fact we are insourcing more work into stamping. Check the front page, (inset door panels) they are currently stamped at Bud.

not tryin to bust anyones bubble............but......all these so called "agreements to be sole producer until 2011" and this huge investments in the plant dont mean shit. ask the people from avon lake or lorain, they had a $3 mil paint dept put in and everyone thought they were safe, 6 mos later..........closed. it can all be used as a tax write off. money dont mean shit to ford. people should have learned that by now, agreements dont mean shit to them either, i.e. the raise we were "supposed" to get and they took it away. it was already negotiated into the contract, yet we had vote to forgo the raise, everyone or at least the majority voted no, but it mysteriously passed 51-49. bottom line is, the UAW sucks and they are gonna let ford do what they want, when they want, and the UAW aint gonna do a damn thing about it. we work for ford, not the UAW, they are VERY limited as to what they can do. the days of a strong union are gone. the union is scared to death of states going to "right to work" cuz they would have people dropping out like flies. thats the reason they are so damn worried about organizing at toyota. why the hell would they want to be union in a japanese shop that they bash day in and day out? maybe so they can increase thier dues again. god forbid it cut into thier trips to las vegas and such. could go on and on, but dont want to make this too long so no one will read it all.

The difference in the paint booth in Lorain and the flex body at KTP,is that they are two different cirumstances.

Lorain's paint booth was installed before any agreements in writing,they had there MOA get voted down.

From what was told by some that transferred from Lorain,they never had in writing they would get new product(the excursion and super duty)so in turn people figured that it was going to KTP.

They in turn voted down there MOA,and the line for the t-bird closed and the paint shop was removed.

We have a agreement for not only flex bodyshop,but it will have new laser cell technology. No other plant has this technology as of now and that part is a big deal. Also a major investment in $$$.

We have in writing to be the sole producer for the super duty through 2011 and the next model change,which could run till 2014 as has been said depending on changes that are made.

Now with that,i'm not real crazy about the outsourcing of work. But the other plants have set precedent here by passing there COA's.

Here's the senario that COULD happen if we vote down our COA.

Some of F-150 production moved to Kansas City to make room for expedtion and navigator to DTP,remember they are flex and can run mutiple platforms.

Move super duty to MTP that would make them the sole producer of the super duty.Remember that they also have a flex bodyshop.

Remember that are current frame on the 2008 is based on F-150 tooling,thats the key to this possible senario that i've laid out.

We now secure the body from the bottom like the f-150.

Some will say that Kansas City doesn't have enough room for the needed volume,they could make them 3-crew to make enough room for DTP to pick up the expedtion and navigators.

I've had some say that they will just follow product,yes if there are openings at the new plant. They aren't required to move everyone. But thats a hell of a gamble if you ask me.

I'm not a person that gets excited very often,i usually look at pros and cons in detail and try to think outside the box at other variables.

Guess thats why i took the 4yr edopp buyout,i leave in June.

I will be voting yes on this COA,because i have to keep you guys working for at least 4 years. :shades:

Didn't you hear...those who signed up for a buyout are ineligible to vote on the COA...!?!

I'm glad to see you set your beer down long enough to come up with this winner of a response.

:stats: