Ford workers not happy in Michigan switch to buyouts

Tedhvac

Some Norfolk Local 919 UAW Ford workers who moved to Michigan switch to buyouts

About two dozen ‘NORFOLK LOCAL 919 UAW’ Ford Motor Co. employees who transferred to the Dearborn, Mich., plant are so frustrated that they've decided to take buyouts and leave the company, according to a local union president.

Norfolk workers unhappy in Detroit

Their criticisms include mistreatment from bosses, lack of responsiveness from the local union, and concerns about quality control at the plant, said Chris Kimmons, president of United Auto Workers Local 919 in Norfolk.

About two dozen ‘NORFOLK LOCAL 919 UAW’ Ford Motor Co. employees who transferred to the Dearborn, Mich., plant are so frustrated that they've decided to take buyouts and leave the company, according to a local union president.

Their criticisms include mistreatment from bosses, lack of responsiveness from the local union, and concerns about quality control at the plant, said Chris Kimmons, president of United Auto Workers Local 919 in Norfolk.

OH SHIT!!! The NAP bashers will be on this thread in FULL FORCE!!! :lurk:

Newspaper Quote: Sawyer, 46, said, "and this place here doesn't have pride. I want to go in every day, like I did in Norfolk, and have a great day."

Ford will do pay whatever it takes to get rid of the Norfolk UAW workers. Instead of being grateful for a job they just cry. No matter what anyone says Norfolk is shutting down because of the lousy workers and the lousy union.

Newspaper Quote: Sawyer, 46, said, "and this place here doesn't have pride. I want to go in every day, like I did in Norfolk, and have a great day."

Ford will do pay whatever it takes to get rid of the Norfolk UAW workers. Instead of being grateful for a job they just cry. No matter what anyone says Norfolk is shutting down because of the lousy workers and the lousy union.

Yep see what I told ya!! :hysterical::hysterical:

Truckerman,get off the crack. Shutting Norfolk down is the beginning of the end for Ford Motor co. No one builds them as good as Norfolk and the only reason they are building them in dearborn is because Bill Ford wants to show off his family name. He will be known as the Ford who took down Ford Motor Co. Maybe you can go with him.

You have to admit he hit two things right......the bosses treat MOST of the employees as they please...with indifference and in some cases downright contempt and at least at the DTP the union "leader"& president Joe Winfield and his people are about as pityful as can be when it comes to doing ANYTHING!!! about it. They along with the supervision at DTP only do one thing right.......that's cover their own rearends.....they stifle the good that could be had.

Edited by macattack

the norfolk people are crybabies...."where are th tv s on the line why do I need to do this job ....they are pissed off because they have"new hire"seniority...fuck em go down and take the buy out and get out losers!!!!!

Our seniority followed us and we are able to bid on jobs from day one and I wish they would stop talking about the quality and all their problems to the newspaper, we all have something to cry about but this is still my livelihood. Lets keep it real...management and the union didn't roll out the red carpet for the plants that transferred to NAP. I am hearing complaints from other employees that came after NAP, and they have some of the same conserves but if you don't like it here, leave and stop complainting to the Virginia Pilot. NAP is closing so let it go and let Ford worry about any mistakes they might have made. There are employees working at DTP from 30 or more different plants, we all have families to support and don't need the negative articles coming from the Pliot.

the norfolk people are crybabies...."where are th tv s on the line why do I need to do this job ....they are pissed off because they have"new hire"seniority...fuck em go down and take the buy out and get out losers!!!!!

My husband is not a 'crybaby'- and he is on the same job he was on when he left Norfolk( he has a rate, and he got to keep it) He doesn't have a problem with his supervisor, or the union. He says he hasn't been treated unfairly but he does say that the quality is not as good as it was at Norfolk. I think it all has to do with who you talk to as to weather they like it here or not--as for the guy in the artical, when you read it, it says he wants to go home to be with his father, grandfather and kids, and I think the REAL issue there is that he is homesick and just wants to go home. I think that Ford is being more than generous to give him and anyone else the buyout, I personally dont think they should pay someone to be "wishey-washey". This place is not as bad as everyone makes it seem (to me) although I have not been here for a winter yet. All Norfolk employees are not "crybabies" and to lump them altogether like that is really unfair. And he does not have "new hire" seniority. He has 15 years and is at the same pay he was at in Norfolk--Get your facts stright.

Edited by jm2607

YEAH! If it was not for the articles in the VA Pilot I bet Ford sales would be soaring !!!!! :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

nope Ford sells are crashing where ever Ford has closed a plant they dont need any help from anyone saying that they dont like Mtp or whatever. Just closing a plant killed that. As for calling people crybabies cant wait to see when contract time comes around and how much you guys have to give up let see how much crying you do come sept. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

nope Ford sells are crashing where ever Ford has closed a plant they dont need any help from anyone saying that they dont like Mtp or whatever. Just closing a plant killed that. As for calling people crybabies cant wait to see when contract time comes around and how much you guys have to give up let see how much crying you do come sept. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

That's almost funny. I can't beleave a Ford employee would be rooting for consessions Hourly or management. The fact is that if the hourly employee where not paid what they are then management would not be paid what they are getting paid. They have to give management more or everyone would be satisfied as a production worker. If the rate was the same who would take on the responsibility. So if there be consessions for hourly employee's who's next? Look at employers who pay minimum wage to it's non-skilled hourly employee's, In some cases they try to pay their management $10.00 or $12.00 an hour! The last time I checked the only employer who has a union for management is the U.S. post office. There will be no arguement, when they dictate your new deflated wages you'll take it or walk. I know a girl that will babysit for $4.00 an hour! As you may notice with team leaders in place it seems there are less and less management! And with the number of maufacturing jobs going oversea's The job market for even good management is shrinking. In time you will see yourself the victom of thr same "sound economic principles as the hourly employee's". Upper management subcribes to the thought that, a job is only worth the lowest possible wage it can be proformed at to spec. Meaning, Who ever they can get to do your job correctly for less is the person who will take your job from you. Right now they still need you to screw the hourly and, by proxy screw your self. This is good for no one!

Edited by Furious1Auto

That's almost funny. I can't beleave a Ford employee would be rooting for consessions Hourly or management. The fact is that if the hourly employee where not paid what they are then management would not be paid what they are getting paid. They have to give management more or everyone would be satisfied as a production worker. If the rate was the same who would take on the responsibility. So if there be consessions for hourly employee's who's next? Look at employers who pay minimum wage to it's non-skilled hourly employee's, In some cases they try to pay their management $10.00 or $12.00 an hour! The last time I checked the only employer who has a union for management is the U.S. post office. There will be no arguement, when they dictate your new deflated wages you'll take it or walk. I know a girl that will babysit for $4.00 an hour! As you may notice with team leaders in place it seems there are less and less management! And with the number of maufacturing jobs going oversea's The job market for even good management is shrinking. In time you will see yourself the victom of thr same "sound economic principles as the hourly employee's". Upper management subcribes to the thought that, a job is only worth the lowest possible wage it can be proformed at to spec. Meaning, Who ever they can get to do your job correctly for less is the person who will take your job from you. Right now they still need you to screw the hourly and, by proxy screw your self. This is good for no one!

First off, Im not a Ford employee anymore and second im not rooting for any concession at all. Im just answering this post about other people talking shit about NAP people calling them crybabies and such. Like i said before they are going to be crying in sept when Ford is going to ask for give backs. What are they going to say? NO!!! Hell no they are not cause the next thing you know their plant would get axe or they would get laid off with no buyout and then bring in some temps pay them $15 hr and then what they are going to say.

First off, Im not a Ford employee anymore and second im not rooting for any concession at all. Im just answering this post about other people talking shit about NAP people calling them crybabies and such. Like i said before they are going to be crying in sept when Ford is going to ask for give backs. What are they going to say? NO!!! Hell no they are not cause the next thing you know their plant would get axe or they would get laid off with no buyout and then bring in some temps pay them $15 hr and then what they are going to say.

It's a tough situation But, all manufacturing is leaving the country. So your faced with the question, Do I whilingly take consessions in false hope of holding on to something that plans on leaving you regaurdless. Or do you keep what you have until it does! (If you know a women is being unfaithful do you give her everything before she leaves or, do you take what you can get and part ways?) All manufacturing has decided a long time ago that it was no longer going to pay union rate and we're now seeing their plan being exicuted! It started with the trucking industy in the late 70's with deregulation then, with the steel industry in the mid 90's and, now it's our turn. It's going to be worse on us though, because these free trade agreements have given companies the ability to move in and out of countries easily! Couple that with the networking capabilities of the internet and it spells disaster for the American working class. Because the products will be built in the cheapest country possible and, sold in the country that sells the most volume at the price that they demand! I cringe every time I hear the words "free trade is needed". What, do they think we are stupid!

Edited by Furious1Auto

There is no need to bash any auto worker. If there is any bashing it should be towards UAW President Kimmons at Norfolk he seems to like slander other local unions and assembly plants. He needs to accept that NAP is soon to be only be a memory and he will still be a nobody.

there are norfolk people on the night shift that are ruining it for all the good workers.......all they do is cry about not being home and the jobs being too hard they need to suck it up and just do the job!!!!! we need to stick together right now.... or they need to get out a couple threatened to take the but out but

I think they arte cowards

maybe soon they will take their non ford driving asses back to norfolk

Ask any worker that transferred TO Norfolk and they will tell you that the jobs that usually take 2 people to do in other plants were done by 1 person in NAP with a lousy union. That's not my opinion or anyone else's at NAP. Straight from the horses mouth.

One thing will never change however,and thats that Ford has the largest workforce of back stabbers ,self haters and gossip queens of anyone. Hold your head up and be proud of the fact that while the foreign competition continues to take food off your table , destroys the domestic automotive sector and and takes jobs from our country ,you still have name calling and hear say to fall back on. Grow up people ,your just another line worker fighting for scrap's.

It's a tough situation But, all manufacturing is leaving the country. So your faced with the question, Do I whilingly take consessions in false hope of holding on to something that plans on leaving you regaurdless. Or do you keep what you have until it does! (If you know a women is being unfaithful do you give her everything before she leaves or, do you take what you can get and part ways?) All manufacturing has decided a long time ago that it was no longer going to pay union rate and we're now seeing their plan being exicuted! It started with the trucking industy in the late 70's with deregulation then, with the steel industry in the mid 90's and, now it's our turn. It's going to be worse on us though, because these free trade agreements have given companies the ability to move in and out of countries easily! Couple that with the networking capabilities of the internet and it spells disaster for the American working class. Because the products will be built in the cheapest country possible and, sold in the country that sells the most volume at the price that they demand! I cringe every time I hear the words "free trade is needed". What, do they think we are stupid!

All manufacturing is leaving the country?????? WTF... Didn't Toyota just open a plant in Texas. Aren't other foreign manufactures planning plants in the U.S.? Ford Motor Company is now facing the realities of not producing the products the people want. The Union is now facing the results of being 'overly' greedy during the late '80 and '90's. The pressure from Wall Street for profit is enormous. The reality is that everybody from the all sides is at fault, even the media and the consumers share blame. Those that choose to stay with Ford will have to face huge sacrifices, with the hope of one day, in the distance future, of once again becoming the admired company Ford once was. Good luck!

All manufacturing is leaving the country?????? WTF... Didn't Toyota just open a plant in Texas. Aren't other foreign manufactures planning plants in the U.S.? Ford Motor Company is now facing the realities of not producing the products the people want. The Union is now facing the results of being 'overly' greedy during the late '80 and '90's. The pressure from Wall Street for profit is enormous. The reality is that everybody from the all sides is at fault, even the media and the consumers share blame. Those that choose to stay with Ford will have to face huge sacrifices, with the hope of one day, in the distance future, of once again becoming the admired company Ford once was. Good luck!

The companies complaceny is true but as for the unions greed your out of your mind. The fact is Toyota charges more for less. And their all over priced! I don't care if you bust the union the cost of vehicles will not come down. They are charging what the market will bear. toyota sells their shit for more money and pays their people nothing. Sending your money oversea's. They ship all of their parts in and the only reason that they assemble them here was to beat import tax. It's a great PR tool too. All an assualt on domestic auto's will do is further hurt our economy. But in the long run manufacturing is leaving the country. Check the stats and put your opinions aside! Manufacturing is down since 2006 and has been since 2001! As for the media their biased against American auto's just as they are biased against republicans, Toyota is their Darling. I could careless about peoples perception. All I care is that when I go to work, every vehicle that leaves my job station is built without defects. If our designers continue what they started in 2006 then we will overtake toyota. I just generated an X-plan pin today for a man who traded in his Toyota for a Ford product. The sales trend is like the stock market, in can change in one day. Ask GM!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Thank you for this post, short and too the point, all of us share blame, but most of us will not admit or take responsibilities for our actions.