2008 Taurus Launch DVD

ice-capades

I just viewed the 2008 Taurus Launch DVD that dealers received a few days ago. This is a great marketing opportunity for Ford if they take advantage of it and fund it long term. The 2008 Taurus stacks up very, very well against the Chrysler 300 which Ford is targeting as the primary competitor. Lets hope that Dearborn really has learned their lesson by not promoting the previous Five Hundred series!

Is it going to be released to public?

No. The Launch DVD's are produced for dealership use only and are not released for public consumption. They are used to show the Dealers all the new design and option features as well as competitive comparisons against the primary competition.

I have a question ... did they cancel the projector headlamps completely from the Taurus? when the 08 Five Hundred launched a couple pictures showed the projectors and mentioned HID's .. however none of those pictures were present when the FH was renamed Taurus.

Do you know ice-capades?

Thanks

Igor

It has to end up on YouTube eventually.

I guess it could at some point but quite frankly I don't know why anyone would publish the video to YouTube. There's nothing information wise that isn't included in the 2008 Taurus Order Guide or won't be covered in the 2008 Taurus brochure and other materials that will be available. As I stated earlier, the 2008 Taurus Launch DVD is released for dealership use only to give dealers the important changes on the new model and competitive comparison information.

Before anyone starts posting messages about the 2008 Taurus brochures, don't expect any dealers to have brochures before early June when Ford will kick off the initial 2008 Taurus marketing campaign!

I have a question ... did they cancel the projector headlamps completely from the Taurus? when the 08 Five Hundred launched a couple pictures showed the projectors and mentioned HID's .. however none of those pictures were present when the FH was renamed Taurus.

Do you know ice-capades?

Thanks

Igor

When Ford announced the change to the 2008 Taurus I got rid of the initial information released under the 2008 Five Hundred banner as there was no reason to save it. I just took a quick look again at the 2008 Taurus Launch DVD as well as the Order Guide and there is no mention of HID headlamps at all. The headlamp information mentioned is very generic. HID headlamps may have been mentioned initially in regard to the 2008 Five Hundred but I don't remember it.

I handle all the new vehicle orders for my dealership, create and produce all advertising materials for two Ford dealerships, manage five dealership websites, handle the initial, personal response to all Internet inquires for my primary Ford office and shoot at least 8 photos for every new and pre-owned vehicle at two dealerships that I then process and upload to the websites. All this is in addition to reviewing the daily reports from Ford regarding vehicle scheduling and status! As such, I'm hopefully that you'll understand that I can't necessarily remember every detail on upcoming model changes. It takes a bit of time and practice reviewing the order guides before it all sinks in!

Sorry I can't be more helpful regarding your HID headlamp question. If I find out anything else related to the subject I'll post another entry.

When Ford announced the change to the 2008 Taurus I got rid of the initial information released under the 2008 Five Hundred banner as there was no reason to save it. I just took a quick look again at the 2008 Taurus Launch DVD as well as the Order Guide and there is no mention of HID headlamps at all. The headlamp information mentioned is very generic. HID headlamps may have been mentioned initially in regard to the 2008 Five Hundred but I don't remember it.

I handle all the new vehicle orders for my dealership, create and produce all advertising materials for two Ford dealerships, manage five dealership websites, handle the initial, personal response to all Internet inquires for my primary Ford office and shoot at least 8 photos for every new and pre-owned vehicle at two dealerships that I then process and upload to the websites. All this is in addition to reviewing the daily reports from Ford regarding vehicle scheduling and status! As such, I'm hopefully that you'll understand that I can't necessarily remember every detail on upcoming model changes. It takes a bit of time and practice reviewing the order guides before it all sinks in!

Sorry I can't be more helpful regarding your HID headlamp question. If I find out anything else related to the subject I'll post another entry.

that is fine .. I suspected you would not know beyond order guides ..

the buzz about HID came from this picture:

08fordfivehun_hr_22_ab.jpg

and a couple more showing the FH with Projectors. I do not remember whether the HID info came from the releases or "insiders"

Thanks

Igor

• 2 weeks later...
that is fine .. I suspected you would not know beyond order guides ..

the buzz about HID came from this picture:

08fordfivehun_hr_22_ab.jpg

and a couple more showing the FH with Projectors. I do not remember whether the HID info came from the releases or "insiders"

Thanks

Igor

If you click on the auto option for the headlights when you turn on the wipers,it shows a close up of the headlight. Its not a HID with projectors. Probably have to get them in a aftermarket kit when they been out for awhile.

It does look much better with the HID's with projectors,maybe they will release them in job2 builds.

Does anyone know when orders will be taken for the 2008 X ??

I just talked to the salesman at the Ford dealership. He believes the order book is open and asked me to stop back Monday after he checks with his rep. If I can place an order including the Sync (late availability) then I will put down a refundable deposit Monday. It will probably be early fall or maybe late summer before delivery unfortunately because of the Sync.

I finally got my wife to check out an 07 Freestyle, and she really liked it. She really thought it was going to be much bigger and more like a minivan.

HID's were probably killed by the bean counters...

I don't think so. If you remember, the Montego Premier comes with HIDs, and the 500 Limited doesn't. Ford has to differentiate the Sable from the Taurus some way, and this will be same as with Montego/500. Just like with the MKX which offers available adaptive projector headlights while the Edge doesn't. If you want HIDS, and nicer appointments, buy the Sable. There is not much difference in price between the two. They are both Fords.

Currently drive 2002 Taurus SES Sport,

Mike