Fusion Wagon?

DRyanC

I was at a Mazda dealership on the weekend and checked out the Mazda6 wagon. It is huge! But my only problem it it only comes fully loaded. Is Ford planning on building a 2.3 liter, 5 speed manual, wagon in SE trim? I need something for the wife to carry the baby and groceries. I checked out a Mazda5 and it's not for me too tall, minivan feel. The Mazda3 wagon is no bigger than my current ZX3. I also noticed that Canada does not get an S trim fusion. And we are paying 2000-3000 more for the same model, thats a scam!

DRyanC

Very unlikely that Ford will have a Fusion Wagon .. if you want an affordable Wagon, Ford wants you to buy the Escape.

I know I know, but that is the current answer.

PS: look into used ones .. the MAzda6 is not holding its value nearly as well as Mazda3 9for example) so you can get 2004 models for 60% of he price or so.

Igor

Well buying an escape defeats the purpose of buying a wagon. I want a car, I don't like the ride on SUV's, or minivans. The wagon Focus is gone, Taurus wagons are gone, now the 500/Taurus starts at 32,000! A-plan on a Fusion is pretty good, but looking for a wagon.

Any word on a B or C-max? Is the Mazda2 going to be out this year?

A used Mazda6 wagon is a better price but I want the 2.3 in it. The 3.0 is to thirsty for city driving.

DRyanC

Have you looked at the Volvo V50?

Small car-based wagons are popular in Europe, but not here for some reason. If gas prices stay at present price, maybe someday, but not now. Yeah, I was disappointed about Ford ending Focus Wagon as I almost bought one, but opted for present Taurus sedan instead. But I at same time can see logic for Ford not building small wagon as they just don't sell anymore with upwardly mobile Americans choosing CUV's instead. I saw a new Edge pulling a rather large boat the other day and it didn't look overwhelmed doing it. Let's face it...CUV's and SUV's are the wagons of choice in today's market.

Currently drive 2002 Taurus SES Sport

Mike

V50's start at 33,000 and run premium petrol. That would make 500-550 for a month on a 4 year lease. Thats too much. If I don't want an escape why would I look at an Edge? I don't need to tow anything. Maybe Toyota will make a Corolla wagon come 2008 redesign. New sentra looks like ass and way too expensive for what it is. If I could get a 2.0 in a Mazda3 hatch or even Mazda's 1.6 MZR. Thats why a 4 cyl Fusion is good on paper at 0.5% lease, thats 350/month taxes in nothing down, with out A-plan, but no estate. I have one Focus, which is why I've been holding off on getting another, I just don't want 2. Then I'll be screw to find a new Focus estate with a 5 speed in a couple weeks.

DRyanC

I was at a Mazda dealership on the weekend and checked out the Mazda6 wagon. It is huge! But my only problem it it only comes fully loaded. Is Ford planning on building a 2.3 liter, 5 speed manual, wagon in SE trim? I need something for the wife to carry the baby and groceries. I checked out a Mazda5 and it's not for me too tall, minivan feel. The Mazda3 wagon is no bigger than my current ZX3. I also noticed that Canada does not get an S trim fusion. And we are paying 2000-3000 more for the same model, thats a scam!

DRyanC

Have you asked your local Ford dealers if there are any left over Focus wagons?

Only other choices would be the Chevy Optra LS, and the Subaru Impreza 2.5 & Legacy 2.5i wagon

Edited by MKII