Ford's all new 2007 Expedition

robertlane

http://www.blueovalnews.com/index.php?cate...2_articleid=125

Does it look different enough or have newer features to seperate it from the previous generation?

Actually, I like the look of the last generation better. I have an '05 XLT Sport. The blacked out one looks nice though, that is probably the limited model. I don't like the normal one with the chrome grill. It would not be enough to make me trade my '05 in anytime soon. I actually like the look of the new Tahoe much better, but I cannot get over the rear seats that do not fold into the floor. I had an '04 Tahoe, what a pain in the ass taking seats in and out. And the rearest passengers still do not have leg room in the Tahoe. That was probably the main reason we ditched the Tahoe in favor of the Expedition. I don't understand why GM did not redesign that, I was shocked to see the heavy seats that you have to remove manually still in the vehicle. I think the Expedition still has a better interior than the Tahoe. They will probably both not sell super because of the higher and higher gas prices though!

I like the looks of this vehicle. The style does look nicer then the old one, more aggressive and it actually looks like a new vehicle without all the investment GM put into their new full size SUV's. Interior looks nice. The only thing GM has on Ford now is power. Not that 300HP is enough for most people, it would just be nice if they had a larger engine to offer as an option.

I like it!! Even though the large SUV market is eroding, Ford is breaking new ground by introducing the extended version and going head to head with the Suburban. This will gain them valuable new market share. The styling is great, a much needed bold departure away from past conservative styling. This falls in line with Ford's plans, bold new American styling.

I don't like the new Tahoe very much. It is low, looks like a minivan while gaining weight and only offering a 4 speed auto with most engines.

Ford has adressed everything about the Tahoe I don't like. It has a higher stance for off roading, an actual increase in towing capacity (GM should note this), and a very decent looking interior.

I do love the Suburbans, and they are a symbol of America, but not for long if they come with dubs, low clearance, and no innovative featurs over the competition. GM used to put Dutch doors on the Suburban, now they don't . Bad move.

I drive a Trailblazer. Good truck, but not very good looking, and a very bad place to get your styling inspiration from.

I will be curious to see if these get better mileage. On one had, it looks like they offer an no excuses SUV- on the other, it has independent suspension and 6 speeds to better on road ride and economy. GM seems to depnd too much on tacked on plastic air dams and lower stance than good engineering for its fuel economy. All of that VCR plastic will pop off on the first ditch you drive through- I guess GM wants more minivaness in their SUVs (understandable since their minivans don't fit the bill).

Edited by member12

I like the look mostly. The front end has too much angularity compared to the 2003-2006 model which is strong yet smooth.

I especially like all of the engineering improvements with the stronger frame and the fully redesigned front and rear independent suspensions.

I plan to purchase an Expedition in the May/June timeframe and am wondering if anyone knows when the production start date is for this new 2007 Expedition.

I like the look mostly. The front end has too much angularity compared to the 2003-2006 model which is strong yet smooth.

I especially like all of the engineering improvements with the stronger frame and the fully redesigned front and rear independent suspensions.

I plan to purchase an Expedition in the May/June timeframe and am wondering if anyone knows when the production start date is for this new 2007 Expedition.

They will be available after they are certified. Late summer/Early fall

I love the looks and the updated features of the '07 Expedition. I currently lease an '05 EB Expedition with full intentions of leasing an '07 EB Expedition EL. My dealer said he should be able to submit an order by the end of March. If anyone sees earlier order times, post them here.

• 3 weeks later...

Does it look different enough or have newer features to seperate it from the previous generation?

different enough to seperate from 03-06 no, like the interior change, console shift looks sharp,don't mind the grill although i prefer last years more so,like the idea of option of extra length although this baby is going to need alittle help in the pony deptment!! not for going fast from red light to red light but alittle more torque.these trucks were intended to move people more than 2 with demands of pulling some sort of recreational toy and maybe take it somewhat of road once in awhile,not rush out from the dealership down to the asscesory shop for oversized bling,bling,wheels,2000 watt boomboxes,purplelights etc,etc

• 2 weeks later...

I LIKE it!!! I just hope the floor shifter is not standard though. I still prefer the column shift. It looks much better than the new GM's, especially the Yukon (that look even wimpier than the Tahoes). I traded an 04 Expedition XLT Sport for an 05 Five Hundred due to the high gas prices last summer. My wife and I really miss it. I've told her that when we get the Five Hundred's payoff to where we can trade, we'll get another Expy. I hope they put a diesel in it pretty soon, then the fuel mileage will really jump!!

I LIKE it!!! I just hope the floor shifter is not standard though. I still prefer the column shift. It looks much better than the new GM's, especially the Yukon (that look even wimpier than the Tahoes). I traded an 04 Expedition XLT Sport for an 05 Five Hundred due to the high gas prices last summer. My wife and I really miss it. I've told her that when we get the Five Hundred's payoff to where we can trade, we'll get another Expy. I hope they put a diesel in it pretty soon, then the fuel mileage will really jump!!

I don't know where you live, be here in Michigan, diesel is higher than regular, and has been for a while. I bet the higher mpg will not offset the cost of the diesel vs the unleaded. I think it would be good if they could run the e-85 stuff. just my two cents, I have an '05 XLT sport 4x4, so I know what you mean about the high cost of fuel for this vehicle!

E-85 blends will end up costing more than regular gas too because of the cost to refine is greater... That's unless it gets incentives from our bankrupt government (Wonder what happens when the creditors call the Treasury departemtn saying it's time to payup?). Also E-85 have worse gas milage because alcohol is less dense than gasoline.

I don't know where you live, be here in Michigan, diesel is higher than regular, and has been for a while. I bet the higher mpg will not offset the cost of the diesel vs the unleaded. I think it would be good if they could run the e-85 stuff. just my two cents, I have an '05 XLT sport 4x4, so I know what you mean about the high cost of fuel for this vehicle!

I live in the Dallas Texas area, and yes diesel is higher than regular. However, if a diesel Expedition could get 20 mpg city, you could "have your cake and eat it too" because that's about what my Five Hundred is doing. Yes the cost per mile would still be greater, but you'd have a large vehicle that would be as economical (at least in mpg) as a smaller one. Also, with the diesel summer mix, it should be a little cheaper than it is now (hopefully). My 2002 F250 Diesel gets about 15-17 mpg in local driving, so a diesel Expy should get at least 20 in the same conditions. Of course, that's all governed by one's individual driving habits and conditions (as the ads state).

• 3 weeks later...

Just had to register in order to apply this post, the 07 EXPEDITION is by far the BEST looking SUV FORD has designed yet, I have owned many FORD's in my 60 plus years, 3 LIGHTNINGS, 3 Exp., my first Ford being a 51 Ford 2 door hardtop called a Ford Victorer, to presently an 05 EB Exp., and an 04 Cobra Conv., with only 5000 miles, which I probaly will keep forever, but back to the 07 EXPD., that is an absolutely fantistic looking SUV. That with the all time best F-150 should put Ford back where it belongs, on the TOP, ......just my 2cents worth......... :):):):) :happy feet:

• 3 weeks later...

IS the 2007 going to get the new 4.6L V8 that the sport trac and explorer is getting? Or will that have to wait until the 5.4 gets beefed up or replaced by the hurricane. I would think the smaller 4.6 v8 and 6 speed transmission would give the big beast fairly decent fuel economy.

Edited by jafo

• 2 months later...

I agree.....I like it but I hate the floor shifter. Floor shifters belong in sports cars not trucks. It needs an available bench seat in the front so it will seat nine (the Tahoe can). If it can get 20 mpg on the highway with the six speed auto it can probably compete with the Tahoe.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been seeing the new expedition and navigator more and more lately. They go past my house on their way back to the plant. Also, over the 4th of july weekend, I saw I saw the expedition XL. Yeah, you can tell it's bigger. The back side window is longer and the door doesn't cut into the wheel well. It for sure looked bigger than the regular expedition. I didn't like the grill though. I look foward to the next couple weeks to see the 07's in the lot at the plant.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the new front end. Muscular and angular. Like the flush cladding. Disappointed the B-C pillar area is unchanged.

Interior looks great except for that massively beige steering wheel.

Disappointed it still weighs 5500 lbs.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

i wonder what kinda fuel economy the new expe el will get ?? my boss just did a 07 surburban, 20mpg highway on a vermont run....not bad compared to his 03 yukon denali....that was barely 15