Staight from the horses mouth: Ask Team Mustang

robertlane

I want to know where the improvements to the car are. From what I am hearing, 2007 brings no major changes except that stupid California Special. Things I would like, and others I have talked to as well by the way, Heated seats, color coded mirrors, compas/temp in mirror, sunroof, hid headlights. I know the hid's are asking a lot, but the other stuff should be no problem. I am not a drag racer, so I would be more interested in a car that kept my excitement for years to come with some bling. If someone with an '05 has the same thing as my '07, that sucks. Part of the coolness of a new car is exclusivity. Where are the bullet or mach 1 se's? They have had almost 2 years to develop one. Is it because the aftermarket has given a major kickback to ford or what? I don't mind adding things, but looking at other fancy cars, you don't have to rebuild them. They come with all the bells and whistles from the factory. Just my 2 cents worth, I have already had this discussion in another thread, but I thought "team mustang" might have a better answer than some of the other guys?

Oh, and for you Robert, U of M sucks, go Spartans! :lol:

Edited by yamahaR1

MSU = Michigan's School for Underachievers

Actually I am suprised you spelled everything right if you got your education from U of M. :P It's basketball season now, and I know you got lucky a couple of days ago, 1st time in about 10 years, but wait and see the spartans back in the final 4 again, while Michigan loses in the first round of the NIT, now that is underachievement. Final 4 four times in 7 years, that is a quality program..... ;) good luck, not!

I want to know where the improvements to the car are. From what I am hearing, 2007 brings no major changes except that stupid California Special. Things I would like, and others I have talked to as well by the way, Heated seats, color coded mirrors, compas/temp in mirror, sunroof, hid headlights. I know the hid's are asking a lot, but the other stuff should be no problem. I am not a drag racer, so I would be more interested in a car that kept my excitement for years to come with some bling. If someone with an '05 has the same thing as my '07, that sucks. Part of the coolness of a new car is exclusivity. Where are the bullet or mach 1 se's? They have had almost 2 years to develop one. Is it because the aftermarket has given a major kickback to ford or what? I don't mind adding things, but looking at other fancy cars, you don't have to rebuild them. They come with all the bells and whistles from the factory. Just my 2 cents worth, I have already had this discussion in another thread, but I thought "team mustang" might have a better answer than some of the other guys?

Oh, and for you Robert, U of M sucks, go Spartans! :lol:

Yeah that explains it - you are as young as I thought.....

• 3 weeks later...
Are you saying old people only like to drag race? They don't want a car that is cool? Maybe you have Alzheimers or something???? Later, old fart! :lol:

No just that you are self centered and immature which is obvious by your 'rants' and the type of posts you make..... what you post makes sense in YOUR world. not the real world that most of the rest of us live in.

'Waaahhh - I want special seats on MY Mustang...... if you don't make them that means you don't care about your customers....' Yeah.... if it was only that easy my friend...... I would have liked my 05 in Dark Shadow gray - but hey, they only offered it in a certain amount of colors so that's what I chose from........

Be patient. Your special editions Mustangs will come and not be the 'lacking' CF Special type Pony........

Edited by Burke0011

Actually I am suprised you spelled everything right if you got your education from U of M. :P It's basketball season now, and I know you got lucky a couple of days ago, 1st time in about 10 years, but wait and see the spartans back in the final 4 again, while Michigan loses in the first round of the NIT, now that is underachievement. Final 4 four times in 7 years, that is a quality program..... ;) good luck, not!

Speaking of spelling, you should read up on Mustang history and spell "Bullitt" correctly, unlike you did in your first post in this thread. :lol:

No just that you are self centered and immature which is obvious by your 'rants' and the type of posts you make..... what you post makes sense in YOUR world. not the real world that most of the rest of us live in.

'Waaahhh - I want special seats on MY Mustang...... if you don't make them that means you don't care about your customers....' Yeah.... if it was only that easy my friend...... I would have liked my 05 in Dark Shadow gray - but hey, they only offered it in a certain amount of colors so that's what I chose from........

Be patient. Your special editions Mustangs will come and not be the 'lacking' CF Special type Pony........

You are explaining some of the reasons why our domestic car companies are in the crapper. Just like when you said "that is what I chose from" that is crap. Being too comfortable at the top for so long is now why they are looking up at the Japanese companies. They should be trying to make a world class car, even if it costs them a couple of hundred dollars profit, just to regain some freakin prestige that they don't have. Guess what, my world is the real world. Look around at the nature of the business. "Your World" is heading out the door, in fact, that door opened in the late '80's and '90's. Don't bad mouth me because I speak the truth. I am not asking a lot out of a model soon to be 3 years old when the '07's come out. It is pitiful that they don't have a real SE out, and don't seem to be planning one for '07 (california special is crap, fake scoops galore). Guess I will end up joining the hordes and buy foreign, that is what you want to hear right? I grew up here in Michigan in the backyard of the big 3, my dad retired from GM. That does not mean I will not shop around for the best product. Guess what, this current model mustang is starting to look unfresh very fast. Some freaking painted mirrors and heated seats. I am so hard to please. I am already seeing even GT's sitting for months on the lots. I laugh when I go by the unsold '05 models. That is obviously a sign of a greedy dealer getting what they deserve! Whatever makes you happy, if you are happy with the standard, enjoy. I am looking for a car from a company that is trying to go out of its way to please customers and be a notch ahead of the norm. I was not too happy about Ford allowing its dealers to charge that rape charge. It will be the same with the GT 500. Pitty, that will hurt sales more. I know the dealers are independant blah blah blah. Ford could have said something to influence their actions.

You are explaining some of the reasons why our domestic car companies are in the crapper. Just like when you said "that is what I chose from" that is crap. Being too comfortable at the top for so long is now why they are looking up at the Japanese companies. They should be trying to make a world class car, even if it costs them a couple of hundred dollars profit, just to regain some freakin prestige that they don't have. Guess what, my world is the real world. Look around at the nature of the business. "Your World" is heading out the door, in fact, that door opened in the late '80's and '90's. Don't bad mouth me because I speak the truth. I am not asking a lot out of a model soon to be 3 years old when the '07's come out. It is pitiful that they don't have a real SE out, and don't seem to be planning one for '07 (california special is crap, fake scoops galore). Guess I will end up joining the hordes and buy foreign, that is what you want to hear right? I grew up here in Michigan in the backyard of the big 3, my dad retired from GM. That does not mean I will not shop around for the best product. Guess what, this current model mustang is starting to look unfresh very fast. Some freaking painted mirrors and heated seats. I am so hard to please. I am already seeing even GT's sitting for months on the lots. I laugh when I go by the unsold '05 models. That is obviously a sign of a greedy dealer getting what they deserve! Whatever makes you happy, if you are happy with the standard, enjoy. I am looking for a car from a company that is trying to go out of its way to please customers and be a notch ahead of the norm. I was not too happy about Ford allowing its dealers to charge that rape charge. It will be the same with the GT 500. Pitty, that will hurt sales more. I know the dealers are independant blah blah blah. Ford could have said something to influence their actions.

Out of one side of your mouth you complain about there being no special editions out for 2007, out of the other you talk about the GT500. Make up your mind.

Sure, there isn't a "middle of the road" special edition between the GT and GT500...yet. There's really no need for it. Sales momentum is still strong (despite your observations) on the base and GT models. I'd say a 475 horsepower special edition right now is just icing on the cake. In another year or two, we'll see something else.

Do you expect Ford to unveil 3-4 special editions right away? NOBODY does that. M-series BMW's always running a couple years behind the standard models. Ditto for AMG Mercedes-Benzes. The SRT Dodges aren't out right away with the new model. The Z06 Corvette has lagged the base model to market, etc....

Edited by NickF1011