Rear Window Leaking

micmay

I just noticed my 2 month old 07 EB Expy's rear glass leaks a little when it rains. I popped the glass open and verified that it's coming in between the glass and the rubber gasket. Anyone else have the same problem? and/or Anyone know how to adjust the glass door and improve the seal? If not, I'll have to schedule a trip to the dealer. Thanks in advance.

MM

I just noticed my 2 month old 07 EB Expy's rear glass leaks a little when it rains. I popped the glass open and verified that it's coming in between the glass and the rubber gasket. Anyone else have the same problem? and/or Anyone know how to adjust the glass door and improve the seal? If not, I'll have to schedule a trip to the dealer. Thanks in advance.

MM

Hi micmay. :D It is under warranty. I would recommend you take it to the Dealer for repair. If you try to fix it yourself, and screw something up, it is possible to void your warranty. :banghead:

Good luck! :beerchug:

[i have the same issue! It is kind of funny, my 2004 Expedition leaked also, now my 07 EB does!

We took ours to the dealer and they adjusted the rubber seal, but yesterday my wife said it still leaks, so back to the dealer we go!

Hey Kent!!

Bummer. I was looking at the way it seals and the only adjustment I can see would be to the hinges on the glass. An adjustment may cause it to pull tighter when closed. BTW, I developed a rattle in the headliner right behind the drivers seat. Figures right? I took it in and turns out that the HVAC duct was vibrating against the headliner. They put a piece of foam between the two and all is well. It was driving me nuts!!

I hope the leak fix is that easy. I don't have the time to be running back and forth to the dealership.....

Mike

The EXP was at the dealer for two days adjusting the seal and replacing the tail light seal. The dealer worked on this truck for a day in a half, adjusting and replacing the seals etc...

They said it was finally fixed after pouring water over the back for hours and hours. I just got one of those fluke problems, where no one else ever will!

The EXP was at the dealer for two days adjusting the seal and replacing the tail light seal. The dealer worked on this truck for a day in a half, adjusting and replacing the seals etc...

They said it was finally fixed after pouring water over the back for hours and hours. I just got one of those fluke problems, where no one else ever will!

Kent,

Do you know what the final fix was? I'm thinking I might be able to tell my dealership what was done to yours in an effort to shorten the repair time. Maybe something off your service invoice? Thanks in advance.

MM

It is still not fixed, we had a rain yesterday and still leaking!

This is getting very old, so we demanded a Ford rep to come out and take a look at it, so we will see what happens??

Wow. Sorry to hear it's still leaking. Please let me know what comes out of the trip by the rep. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
[i have the same issue! It is kind of funny, my 2004 Expedition leaked also, now my 07 EB does!

We took ours to the dealer and they adjusted the rubber seal, but yesterday my wife said it still leaks, so back to the dealer we go!

I have a similar problem w/ my family's 04 Expy. It's not a bad leak, really I dont notice it until I'm washing the car, theres a dried water drip coming down from the hinge area on the inside of the rear glass. I'm not sure if thats the same thing you're talking about, though.

I have a similar problem w/ my family's 04 Expy. It's not a bad leak, really I dont notice it until I'm washing the car, theres a dried water drip coming down from the hinge area on the inside of the rear glass. I'm not sure if thats the same thing you're talking about, though.

Yep, except mine wasn't a little leak. It was all over.

If you look at the weatherstripping, it's two sections fused together so to speak. The bottom section that grabs the body and the softer seal portion that rests on the glass. Pinch the bottom section and slightly bend it upwards on the top horizontal section. Do this all the way across. It may take a few times. The more upward the top seal portion is the better contact it has with the window. Again, clean it with a damp rag and then coat it a few times with a good protectant. No Armor All, etc. I made it through this last weekend that had 2" of rain, not a drop leaked. Hope this helps.

Yep, except mine wasn't a little leak. It was all over.

If you look at the weatherstripping, it's two sections fused together so to speak. The bottom section that grabs the body and the softer seal portion that rests on the glass. Pinch the bottom section and slightly bend it upwards on the top horizontal section. Do this all the way across. It may take a few times. The more upward the top seal portion is the better contact it has with the window. Again, clean it with a damp rag and then coat it a few times with a good protectant. No Armor All, etc. I made it through this last weekend that had 2" of rain, not a drop leaked. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I'll take a look at it.