2008 F-150

range

Cargo Management System

WKA2007052454698_pv.jpg

The Cargo Management System is a factory-installed feature, available on any truck with the 6.5-ft. Styleside box. It provides a simple, easy-to-use solution for secure storage of all types of cargo. The basic system comes with two side rails, a pair of bins, a pair of crossbars and a header bar. Extra bins and crossbars are easily added when extra capability and flexibility is needed:

- Strong extruded aluminum double channel rails allow multiple accessories to be installed. Rails have cleat positions every 90 millimeters accommodating a wide range of cargo. Easily adjustable, cast aluminum cleats are designed to hold over 600 pounds.

- Extruded aluminum crossbars hold up to 100 pounds and feature T-Slots on all four sides designed for non-traditional attachments such as hanging skis or fishing poles from the bottom.

- Side mounted, blow-molded plastic, tool bins can hold up to 60 pounds and feature double wall construction, providing a watertight, thermal barrier that keeps beverages cold when used as a cooler.

- Push button lock on the bins automatically keys itself to the first ignition key that is turned in the lock, enabling the owner to use one key for all the bins.

kinda cool...how much? And will it negate linex or is it simply removed...i would think yes as one would be stuck if all of a sudden the truck was needed for an 8 ft piece of plywood....

Or as a father like myself with 2 small children under the age of 5, being able to see behind the tailgate when backing out of the driveway is a godsend. I know someone who ran over his kid backing out the driveway and killed him. This is the best safety feature I've seen added to cars in a while. And by putting the monitor in the rear view mirror they made it so that you only have to look in one place to see backing up, wheras the indash screen seen on other models.

clean install to say the least....I had a customer that demanded the backup sensors when they first hit the market for the same sad reason you mentioned....this should just add to that assurance....just lock your tailgate...theft is rampant right now...and the basic tailgate sans camera etc costs close to 1500 bux to have painted and replaced.....

These rearview backup cameras including the display on the rearview mirror retail about $150 bucks. Electronic gadgets like these seem (at least to me) very inexpensive and I wonder why automakers don't include these advancements to all their lineup.

I still wonder why the hell navigation systems demand a $2K premium and why they are only offered on higher-end vehicles. Are Lincoln drivers more likely to get lost than a Focus driver? At least offer it as an option. Why not offer MP3 capability on EVERY vehicle? What's the real price difference? No one else does it so why doesn't Ford do it first.

I guess they'll wait until Toyota and Honda offer nav. systems on ALL their lineup before they'll consider doing it.

I didn't say the camera was a bad idea...just questioned it's worth.........wrong side of the bed this mornin pio-sneer? I see the point of the rear camera after you so well versed me...the snide comment/ comments not too sure about. And ANY time you and Range are willing to match wits on product knowledge across the ENTIRE Ford lineup let me know....

i like what Ford is doing with their trucks. some great ideas for safety and convienience. the last four cars i've bought, i've had to tell the salesman what the options were on the vehicles. i currently have an 06 must. gt and they tried selling me the car with different wheels than what the sticker said, and then gave me a hard time about it, telling me i had to buy it that way. i started to walk out the door, and they told me they would put the correct wheels on the car. so they get another gt with the wheels that are supposed to be on my car, and what do they do? they put the wrong wheels on the other car and put it back on the lot to sell! this is completely unacceptable. dealership expierience is part of fords woes. so dont tell me that salesmen know more than the customer does. most customer's probably already know what they want, with what options they want. sorry to get off the subject alittle bit. :blink:

Or as a father like myself with 2 small children under the age of 5, being able to see behind the tailgate when backing out of the driveway is a godsend. I know someone who ran over his kid backing out the driveway and killed him. This is the best safety feature I've seen added to cars in a while. And by putting the monitor in the rear view mirror they made it so that you only have to look in one place to see backing up, wheras the indash screen seen on other models.

I completely agree. This tragedy just happened near where I live, a 1 year old child was killed in the driveway by a vehicle backing up.

These rearview backup cameras including the display on the rearview mirror retail about $150 bucks. Electronic gadgets like these seem (at least to me) very inexpensive and I wonder why automakers don't include these advancements to all their lineup.

I still wonder why the hell navigation systems demand a $2K premium and why they are only offered on higher-end vehicles. Are Lincoln drivers more likely to get lost than a Focus driver? At least offer it as an option. Why not offer MP3 capability on EVERY vehicle? What's the real price difference? No one else does it so why doesn't Ford do it first.

I guess they'll wait until Toyota and Honda offer nav. systems on ALL their lineup before they'll consider doing it.

Nav is becoming avail just about across the Ford board just in the higher end of the lineups......and yes agreed 2k IS steep...but that built in look seems to be more importatnt than a 699 portable Tom Tom or Garmin. Mp3 seems alos to be in the majority, not all but most....

i like what Ford is doing with their trucks. some great ideas for safety and convienience. the last four cars i've bought, i've had to tell the salesman what the options were on the vehicles. i currently have an 06 must. gt and they tried selling me the car with different wheels than what the sticker said, and then gave me a hard time about it, telling me i had to buy it that way. i started to walk out the door, and they told me they would put the correct wheels on the car. so they get another gt with the wheels that are supposed to be on my car, and what do they do? they put the wrong wheels on the other car and put it back on the lot to sell! this is completely unacceptable. dealership expierience is part of fords woes. so dont tell me that salesmen know more than the customer does. most customer's probably already know what they want, with what options they want. sorry to get off the subject alittle bit. :blink:

sounds to me they were trying to hide that fact that previously to mak a deal they had swapped the actual wheels off your vehicle onto a sold unit....

Or they mis ordered a unit thus the swap...

if wheels were listed on optional equipment it is one of 2 things..a swap or a factory mis-build...in which case Factory makes it right...once had a taurus with leather except for one seat...cloth????? Friday car perhaps???? LOL!

Or they mis ordered a unit thus the swap...

later, they admitted they swapped the tires to make another customer happy, but to think they are going to trick someone into buying the car different from the sticker is kind of B.S. of the last 8 new cars i've bought, only my 99 f-250 was a good experience. when i'm buying a car i dont want to have to tell the salesman what options are available on any specific vehicle! otherwise let me buy my car online, so i dont have to feel like i'm getting screwed over.

later, they admitted they swapped the tires to make another customer happy, but to think they are going to trick someone into buying the car different from the sticker is kind of B.S. of the last 8 new cars i've bought, only my 99 f-250 was a good experience. when i'm buying a car i dont want to have to tell the salesman what options are available on any specific vehicle! otherwise let me buy my car online, so i dont have to feel like i'm getting screwed over.

not defending them at all...but with 4 or five different wheel and tire combinations , I wouldn't have known unless a customer pointed it out either....somethings are taken for grated...if they DID know going in shame on them!

not defending them at all...but with 4 or five different wheel and tire combinations , I wouldn't have known unless a customer pointed it out either....somethings are taken for grated...if they DID know going in shame on them!

if i'm paying $900 for specific wheels, then that's the wheels i want. i've used one salesman twice, and i wont be going back to him after my last purchase. ALL of my sales reps seem to arrogant. Maybe Ford should send sales-reps to classes on how to treat a customer. once again off topic, but it's hard for me to sit back and listen to someone challenge wits about a product when i've had bad experiences for the last 14 yrs.

if i'm paying $900 for specific wheels, then that's the wheels i want. i've used one salesman twice, and i wont be going back to him after my last purchase. ALL of my sales reps seem to arrogant. Maybe Ford should send sales-reps to classes on how to treat a customer. once again off topic, but it's hard for me to sit back and listen to someone challenge wits about a product when i've had bad experiences for the last 14 yrs.

from your standpoint it DEFINITELY sounds like it wasn't an honest mistake....which wheels by the way?

Edited by Deanh