2008 F-150

range

These upgrades are long overdue. It's nice to see they are not waiting for the all-new truck to introduce them. Good job, Ford.

rear camera????? turn ones neck....backup sensors perform pretty much the same purpose, midbox....WAYYYYYYY overpriced for what it does, cargo management I have not seen but will put my 2 cents worth in when I can touchy feely....and will they negate availability of bedliners and Linex?

Edited by Deanh

Turning your neck, and backup sensors help you position a trailer neck in front of the hitch without smashing it into your tailgate how? :redcard:

Your a salesman, you should know how to sell your own product without the customer explaining it to you. :finger:

Unfortunately, customers often know more than salesman.

As you say, the camera is perfect for aligning the hitch with the trailer.

Turning your neck, and backup sensors help you position a trailer neck in front of the hitch without smashing it into your tailgate how? :redcard:

Your a salesman, you should know how to sell your own product without the customer explaining it to you. :finger:

quit it, stop being lazy....can see the point of the rear camera...NOW...and whilst you are squinting at a postage sized video on your rear veiw mirror questioning your eye prescription and STILL smashing into your trailer due to not being used to the depth perception...., the guy next to you with the help of an associate is hitched up and gone......self parking next....now explain the mid box and 2500 BASE peice rather than a diamond plate tool box, linex, ladder rack and a meal for 5 at Ruth Chris?

Edited by Deanh

Unfortunately, customers often know more than salesman.

As you say, the camera is perfect for aligning the hitch with the trailer.

I will agree to that comment in basic form as a customer is focused on 1 product...not expected to be a walking encyclopedia Brittanica on the ENTIRE line complete w 3 pages of options on each....go ahead guys throw stones.....both of the comments were semi accurate but based in ignorance to the job....

Edited by Deanh

explain the mid box and 2500 BASE peice

It's only available in white. This is for fleet buyers, and the release says so plainly.

The Midbox is apparently not the 'innovation' that Ford truck engineers were talking about during the fall. The modular storage racks with the radio keyed locks seems to be the innovation.

It's only available in white. This is for fleet buyers, and the release says so plainly.

The Midbox is apparently not the 'innovation' that Ford truck engineers were talking about during the fall. The modular storage racks with the radio keyed locks seems to be the innovation.

hard for me to justify to customers with THAT price...and the 2500 is dealer cost! plus the only bed avail is 5 1/2 foot....

It's too bad there isn't an improvement in the engines. Its basically the same, except the 4.6 has a little more power, they are way behind the competition.

Why is the 4.2 V6, not a 3 valve motor making around 250 Hp, the 4.6 should be 3 valve making around 290 Hp, the 5.4 should be around 325 Hp.

It's too bad there isn't an improvement in the engines. Its basically the same, except the 4.6 has a little more power, they are way behind the competition.

Why is the 4.2 V6, not a 3 valve motor making around 250 Hp, the 4.6 should be 3 valve making around 290 Hp, the 5.4 should be around 325 Hp.

how about a 6 speed tranny...it's in the Expedition and wakes THAT vehicle up.....

how about a 6 speed tranny...it's in the Expedition and wakes THAT vehicle up.....

I think the F-series can hold on until then. It's not great with its current powertrain lineup, but realistically it's certainly not inadequate to get the job done. It's just a lack of bragging rights for power at this point. In the end, there's nothing a 1/2 ton Silverado, Ram, Tundra, or Titan can do that the current F-150 can't do. People read into numbers too much and ignore real world performance. Sad, but that's the way the business has been run for decades.

With that said, if new powertrains don't show up in '09, I'll be sorely disappointed. Bragging rights mean a lot in this segment.

Maybe my guy has no friends, and has to hitch up alone.

The camera is a good option. Now, go out there and sell some Minis....ops, I mean Fords.

I didn't say the camera was a bad idea...just questioned it's worth.........wrong side of the bed this mornin pio-sneer? I see the point of the rear camera after you so well versed me...the snide comment/ comments not too sure about. And ANY time you and Range are willing to match wits on product knowledge across the ENTIRE Ford lineup let me know....

Edited by Deanh

I will agree to that comment in basic form as a customer is focused on 1 product...not expected to be a walking encyclopedia Brittanica on the ENTIRE line complete w 3 pages of options on each....go ahead guys throw stones.....both of the comments were semi accurate but based in ignorance to the job....

Its not just about a salesman's knowledge of the options or colors available on a product but about a salesman's knowledge about how a product is used by customers. A salesman that sells trucks should ideally have at least some knowledge about towing.

Its not just about a salesman's knowledge of the options or colors available on a product but about a salesman's knowledge about how a product is used by customers. A salesman that sells trucks should ideally have at least some knowledge about towing.

range leave your ignorance at the door please,,,,like I said...ANY time you want to have a product knowledge bash lemme know...you are basing this on an option YET to be released of which I questioned the validity thats all.....I know towing like the back of my hand ( although I suck at backing up a trailer )..... if you think a salespersons "knowledge " is solely about options and colors you wouldn't last a week with customers like yourself ....self proclaimed experts.....sorry but you guys make me chuckle....I am not worthy.....

hard for me to justify to customers with THAT price...and the 2500 is dealer cost! plus the only bed avail is 5 1/2 foot....

The bed is the longest available on the F-150, 8' feet, but the mid box obviously uses up part of that space.

Scott's placed an order for 2500 units, they didn't seem to have a problem with it.

WKA2007052454553_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454568_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454715_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454583_pv.jpg

Edited by range

I bet if somebody walked into his dealership looking to buy a Mini, he could tell them everything about it.

Too bad Ford doesn't sell them, eh?

nope..would be odd having someone ask about a Mini in a ford store....things may be different in your neck ( red? ) of the woods....but I sure could bore the hell outa you with truck knowledge.....try and get a rise outa someone else Neer.....

Edited by Deanh

The bed is the longest available on the F-150, 8' feet, but the mid box obviously uses up part of that space.

Scott's has placed an order for 2500 units.

WKA2007052454553_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454568_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454715_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454583_pv.jpg

range...for christs sake get your facts right man...LOL!....I thought you knew your stuff??????.....the bed is a factory 5 1/2 foot bed with production tailgate and hardware...wheelbases are the variant.....163 on SC, 145 on std cab...actually kind a cool but pretty spendy for a glorified tool box....does look factory though....and Scotts doesn't have a problem no...thay had a NEED ....to keep certain materials and chemicals seperate....

Edited by Deanh

range...for christs sake get your facts right man...LOL!....I thought you knew your stuff??????.....the bed is a factory 5 1/2 foot bed with production tailgate and hardware...wheelbases are the variant.....163 on SC, 145 on std cab...actually kind a cool but pretty spendy for a glorified tool box....does look factory though

Look at what I wrote and displayed with pics, it is 8' behind the cab of which the front 28" is devoted to the mid box. When you whined about the "only 5.5 foot" you were expecting what, a mid-box PLUS 8 feet? Pullezeee. That would make the truck almost 276" long in the Scab config, not gonna happen.

This was ALL discussed already (and bitched about in typical BON fashion) when the whole mid-box thing was first announced, including how the standard Screw bed is used in conjunction with the Reg and Scab frames and the mid-box in between to fill up the 8'.

"The Tough Box project came together in less than a year. In June 2006 Scotts Miracle-Gro, the well-known fertilizer company, requested an order for pickups to meet new federal regulations requiring the separation of liquid and granular fertilizer in the same space. Ford responded by delivering this new 'midbox' concept.

"We were able to do this so quick because it didn't require any structural configuration changes. We run a long wheelbase F-150 down the [manufacturing] line but instead of installing an 8-foot box we put a 5.5-foot box on instead, leaving a space behind the cab for the Tough Box. These trucks will be built at our Kansas City, Missouri plant and shipped to [second stage manufacturer] Decoma in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Decoma uses the existing frame holes to install the Tough Box where the end of the 8-foot bed would have been attached, then they are shipped to dealers," says Sherwood, describing the integrated three-step manufacturing and delivery process with Magna International subsidiary Decoma and Ford sales outlets. "

Edited by range

Cargo Management System

WKA2007052454698_pv.jpg

The Cargo Management System is a factory-installed feature, available on any truck with the 6.5-ft. Styleside box. It provides a simple, easy-to-use solution for secure storage of all types of cargo. The basic system comes with two side rails, a pair of bins, a pair of crossbars and a header bar. Extra bins and crossbars are easily added when extra capability and flexibility is needed:

- Strong extruded aluminum double channel rails allow multiple accessories to be installed. Rails have cleat positions every 90 millimeters accommodating a wide range of cargo. Easily adjustable, cast aluminum cleats are designed to hold over 600 pounds.

- Extruded aluminum crossbars hold up to 100 pounds and feature T-Slots on all four sides designed for non-traditional attachments such as hanging skis or fishing poles from the bottom.

- Side mounted, blow-molded plastic, tool bins can hold up to 60 pounds and feature double wall construction, providing a watertight, thermal barrier that keeps beverages cold when used as a cooler.

- Push button lock on the bins automatically keys itself to the first ignition key that is turned in the lock, enabling the owner to use one key for all the bins.

The Rearview Camera System is mounted in the tailgate handle bezel and is activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse, giving the driver a clear view behind the vehicle. The video image is displayed in the self-dimming rearview mirror, a natural place for the driver to look while in reverse. For those truckers that tow, this system gives them the visibility they need to back up to their trailer and lineup precisely to hook up the hitch.

WKA2007052454440_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454599_pv.jpg

The Rearview Camera System is mounted in the tailgate handle bezel and is activated when the vehicle is shifted into reverse, giving the driver a clear view behind the vehicle. The video image is displayed in the self-dimming rearview mirror, a natural place for the driver to look while in reverse. For those truckers that tow, this system gives them the visibility they need to back up to their trailer and lineup precisely to hook up the hitch.

WKA2007052454440_pv.jpg

WKA2007052454599_pv.jpg

Or as a father like myself with 2 small children under the age of 5, being able to see behind the tailgate when backing out of the driveway is a godsend. I know someone who ran over his kid backing out the driveway and killed him. This is the best safety feature I've seen added to cars in a while. And by putting the monitor in the rear view mirror they made it so that you only have to look in one place to see backing up, wheras the indash screen seen on other models.

Look at what I wrote and displayed with pics, it is 8' behind the cab of which the front 28" is devoted to the mid box. When you whined about the "only 5.5 foot" you were expecting what, a mid-box PLUS 8 feet? Pullezeee. That would make the truck almost 276" long in the Scab config, not gonna happen.

This was ALL discussed already (and bitched about in typical BON fashion) when the whole mid-box thing was first announced, including how the standard Screw bed is used in conjunction with the Reg and Scab frames and the mid-box in between to fill up the 8'.

"The Tough Box project came together in less than a year. In June 2006 Scotts Miracle-Gro, the well-known fertilizer company, requested an order for pickups to meet new federal regulations requiring the separation of liquid and granular fertilizer in the same space. Ford responded by delivering this new 'midbox' concept.

"We were able to do this so quick because it didn't require any structural configuration changes. We run a long wheelbase F-150 down the [manufacturing] line but instead of installing an 8-foot box we put a 5.5-foot box on instead, leaving a space behind the cab for the Tough Box. These trucks will be built at our Kansas City, Missouri plant and shipped to [second stage manufacturer] Decoma in Auburn Hills, Michigan. Decoma uses the existing frame holes to install the Tough Box where the end of the 8-foot bed would have been attached, then they are shipped to dealers," says Sherwood, describing the integrated three-step manufacturing and delivery process with Magna International subsidiary Decoma and Ford sales outlets. "

actually check...I didn't whine at all but 5.5 ft sure limits the beds capacity....I suggested a diamond plate crossbox which at approx 24 inches leaves an additional 6 inches.....Scotts has a definite need for these things as the rep mentioned numerous times.... so it does have it niche market...i just don;t see it taking off w the general public especially at the coin they expect...