Taurus makes the Fordvehicles front page

igor

"Safest Car In America" is fine with me. What would you suggest? "The Perfect Family Car"? 'Cause that just paints a huge bullseye on the campaign the moment there's a recall, "Ford's Perfect Car Has a Defect."

Based on the 500's recall history (tiny), what's the likelihood the New 500/Taurus would be plagued with issues?

Now hear me out on the perfect slogan, and this is keepin it simple, but remember TV is geared around a third grade education. Why not play with the lettering on the name of the vehicle. You could start with US, which could imply a whole bunch of customer needs, and also the country of origin. Have sybliminal messages baked into the ads. Like Safety is us, Power is us, Reliabilty is us, Value is us, and blend in the TaurUS. Made in the US. This could also be baked into the ford logo to make it like a corporate advertisement. Now feel free to tear it up. :rant:

Now hear me out on the perfect slogan, and this is keepin it simple, but remember TV is geared around a third grade education. Why not play with the lettering on the name of the vehicle. You could start with US, which could imply a whole bunch of customer needs, and also the country of origin. Have sybliminal messages baked into the ads. Like Safety is us, Power is us, Reliabilty is us, Value is us, and blend in the TaurUS. Made in the US. This could also be baked into the ford logo to make it like a corporate advertisement. Now feel free to tear it up. :rant:

It's cheesy. The Toys R US jokes will take about 3 seconds to hit the internet.

Agreed, but how about a little play with words, like replacing is with for. So...

Safety for us

Power for us

Value for us

Space for us

The all new 2008 Taurus

Made by US, for us

Actually.... that was a campaign for the ORIGINAL Taurus, way back in 1986.

"Taurus... For US!"

So it's been done... You could spin that any way pro/con re: using it again today. It would be kinda funny to resurrect the nameplate with a spin on the birthing campaign... but it probably wouldn't fly.

A scantily clad woman would never throw herself over a Taurus... Any self respecting scantily clad woman would find a better car to throw herself over....

Apparently you don't know much about women. You give them enough money and they'll wear what ever you want and throw themselves over whatever you like. A chick would strap on a thong bikinni that's two sizes too small and throw herself across the hood of a rusted out 78 Cordoba for the right money.

A scantily clad woman would never throw herself over a Taurus... Any self respecting scantily clad woman would find a better car to throw herself over....

Well I am sure that Jill Wagner will be throwing herself over a Sable soon!

With that said I am pretty impressed at how quick I got feedback from Ford today about their website. I decided to click on the comments area of the Ford vehicles website to point out the fact that they list a tab as Cars/Minivan, however they only have cars offered. Well I got a nice personal response back...

Dear Mr. *******:

Thanks for taking the time to write.

The last minivan offered, the Ford Freestar, just went out of

production.

It was removed from the website earlier this month once dealer

inventory

levels became low .

The heading is scheduled to be changed to just "Cars" in the next few

days during the next site maintenance update to reflect that.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 12:24 PM

Subject: Website_feedback

Contact Us

First Name:

Last Name:

Email Address:

Website Link: www.fordvehicles.com

Questions: Just curious why the first tab for products on the

fordvehicles.com website reads "Cars-Minivan" when there is no minivan

offered. I just thought that I would point out that mistake so you can

make your website better. Thanks.

Edited by 2005Explorer

Why not? Ovaltine insists that scantly clad teenage girls drool over Hyundai's. I bet we can find some MILF's to model a Taurus. ;)

Women don't drool over cars period my good friend. Not for the most part anyway, you might find the rare occasional female car girl, but by and large it is a man's area of interest. To a woman a car is just another home appliance, one that gets them where they need to go and carries all the junk they need to carry to include kids. Further to that, women have a keen eye for what is expensive and what is not and in that realm they understand that a man behind the wheel of an expensive car, most likely has money. It may seem cold and shallow but trust me on this guys, women are survivors and to that extent they are quite capable of reducing all of your flowery talk, romantic overtures and proposals down to one simple equation, . . . what can you give me. They're smart, smarter than us and though we may favor ourselves the more savage and brutal of the human species trust me when I tell you that it is the woman that is capable of great cunning. So whether it's a Hyundai Sonata or a Ford Taurus doesn't matter to them, while we are figuring out how to ask them to pose with it, they've already figured out about how much you're willing to pay for that money shot. Never underestimate them, they're smart as hell and they've got us pretty well figured out. Car's don't mean shit to them, money does.

point is the topic name is anohter whiny 'why cant it be the good old days again'.

Ford did a good thing keeping the name continuous, and updating a car in less than 3 years. In 'good old days', the 2005 version of the D3 wouldn't get changes till maybe 2011?

Women don't drool over cars period my good friend. Not for the most part anyway, you might find the rare occasional female car girl, but by and large it is a man's area of interest. To a woman a car is just another home appliance, one that gets them where they need to go and carries all the junk they need to carry to include kids. Further to that, women have a keen eye for what is expensive and what is not and in that realm they understand that a man behind the wheel of an expensive car, most likely has money. It may seem cold and shallow but trust me on this guys, women are survivors and to that extent they are quite capable of reducing all of your flowery talk, romantic overtures and proposals down to one simple equation, . . . what can you give me. They're smart, smarter than us and though we may favor ourselves the more savage and brutal of the human species trust me when I tell you that it is the woman that is capable of great cunning. So whether it's a Hyundai Sonata or a Ford Taurus doesn't matter to them, while we are figuring out how to ask them to pose with it, they've already figured out about how much you're willing to pay for that money shot. Never underestimate them, they're smart as hell and they've got us pretty well figured out. Car's don't mean shit to them, money does.

Well, when it comes down to it, everyone is savage and cunning at an unconscious level. Women may be that way, but most don't realize that they are.

Secondly, you're right that women view cars differently than men. Sure, there are some female car enthusiasts out there, and many view a car as an appliance. Hence why so many Camrys, Corollas, and Grand Caravans are sold.

But many MANY women also view cars as an ACCESSORY, not unlike a purse or a pair of earrings. It's an extension of their persona that compliments their appearance. Women who drive New Beetles are saying to the world that they're the girliest of girly girls. Women who drive Mini Coopers fancy themselves edgy Anglophiles. Women who drive Mustangs are expressing that they're wild and free. Women who drive BMWs are expressing their personal success in life. Women who drive Continental GTs (and there are PLENTY around here) want to be Paris Hilton.

Women, as a whole, tend to care less how a car drives, so long as its speedy (sub 10-second to 60) and smooth. They care about its functional capabilities (including reliability), how it looks and feels, and what the car says about them. HENCE why Mercury works. Drives the same as a Ford, but trimmed out like a luxury car. Men boo and hiss, but women eat it up. Thus, free sales for Ford.

All of this is reflected in my better half's desire to get a Jaguar X-Type. It's comfortable, feels great, has AWD for safety, looks good, is FUNCTIONAL as a normal car, and has a pretigious nameplate. In her eyes, the only difference between an XJ and an X-Type is that the XJ is a little longer with a bigger trunk. The XJ's all-aluminum construction and V8 doesn't hold any more water to her than the X-Type's Mondeo Duratec bones. She can get her whole Jaguar experience for a $18,000 2 year old X-Type VDP, instead of blowing 90 grand on the XJR that I want.