Taurus X

Next time you're out and about, count up the number of cars north of 27K that have a Ford emblem on them, then come back and talk to me.

what does that have to do with the size of the market?

Most of the market is in the mid to high 20's but there are a huge number of new vehicles north of 27k.

Edited by one2gamble

Agreed MERKUR, only time will tell. We'll just have to see how things turn out. I wish them all the best because I think the Tuarus X is pretty cool. Michael, I'm well aware that you can load up a V6 Mustang and get the price tag over 27K, but honestly man if I ever meet the guy that purposely bought a V6 Mustang and paid over 27K for it I'm just going to pass out laughing at the fool. More than likely real life will prevent him from buying one because it's probably next to impossible to find a 27K + V6 Mustang on a lot. You'd probably have to order it. Very much the exception to the rule my friend and you know it.

Yet another caveat eh? :hysterical:

First it was: "Well most Mustangs sold are V6s not GTs"

Then it was: "Well I'm sure the Taurus offers luxury car content" Which BTW it doesn't.

Now it's: "Well you can't get them on the lot that way"

What's going to be your next excuse? 'Cause you sure are full of 'em today.

Oh and what do you drive that is so much better than a V-6 Mustang

Edited by Michael Reynolds

I've never seen a Fusion north of 27K, more like 25 loaded

A loaded FWD Fusion stickers for $28,375, the loaded AWD Fusion stickers for $30,130.

Mustang only gets north of 27 K in the GT trim, they sell more V6's

A fully loaded V6 Mustang hardtop stickers for $28,430. The fully optioned V6 Mustang Convertible goes for $33,615. Both prices are minus all optional dealership accessories like remote start, all weather floor mats, hands free cell phone kit, "racing stripes", etc.

A loaded FWD Fusion stickers for $28,375, the loaded AWD Fusion stickers for $30,130.

A fully loaded V6 Mustang hardtop stickers for $28,430. The fully optioned V6 Mustang Convertible goes for $33,615. Both prices are minus all optional dealership accessories like remote start, all weather floor mats, hands free cell phone kit, "racing stripes", etc.

Exactly, but I'm sure some sort of excuse will be created.

There's no since having this debate all over again gamble. Go back and read.

I did, the "market" is not limited to "Ford" branded vehicles. Even then most of Ford branded vehicles can get a msrp north of 27k pretty damn fast. The only two that cant hit 27k to my knowledge are the Focus and the Ranger.

The key is to have a variety of options and packages so a mid range vehicle manufacturer like Ford can hit a number of markets with one vehicle.

There is no reason Ford cant option vehicles and sell them north of 30k. They still need to represent a value at the price points they hit, thats key and thats what people expect from a Ford branded vehicle.

Michael, I'm well aware that you can load up a V6 Mustang and get the price tag over 27K, but honestly man if I ever meet the guy that purposely bought a V6 Mustang and paid over 27K for it I'm just going to pass out laughing at the fool.

That's just it, most guys won't buy the optioned out V6 Mustangs, women will.

An aunt of mine just recently purchased a convertible V6 Mustang that stickered for $32K and change. I thought she was nuts, I tried to talk her into the GT but she just wouldn't hear of it.

LMAO, the world according the Michael and Gamble. Yeah ok guys, every Fusion and V6 Mustang on the road was priced well over 27 grand. Whatever. Like I said, very much the exception and not the rule. All one needs to do is spend 5 minutes on a Ford lot to see through that line of shit.

That's just it, most guys won't buy the optioned out V6 Mustangs, women will.

An aunt of mine just recently purchased a convertible V6 Mustang that stickered for $32K and change. I thought she was nuts, I tried to talk her into the GT but she just wouldn't hear of it.

Are you implying that women are stupid?

A good friend of mine (female) is a big mustang fan. She buys a new one every 3 years. Her current one is a 2006 V6, with pony package, interior upgrade and leather. She paid 24 and some change. She never gets the GT because she doesn't care to have the V8. She's not stupid. lol

Here's what you had to say.....

Next time you're out and about, count up the number of cars north of 27K that have a Ford emblem on them, then come back and talk to me.

If you can option em that way then they exist. Case closed! Of course they aren't going to have a fully optioned out one laying around, because most people don't want all of that crap. When we shopped for the G and the A4, I could barely find ones with Navigation and those are luxury cars.

Face it your argument is not only silly, it is moot.

Here's what you had to say.....

If you can option em that way then they exist. Case closed! Of course they aren't going to have a fully optioned out one laying around, because most people don't want all of that crap. When we shopped for the G and the A4, I could barely find ones with Navigation and those are luxury cars.

Face it your argument is not only silly, it is moot.

If it's so moot then what are you doing here.

Of course they aren't going to have a fully optioned out one laying around, because most people don't want all of that crap.

Thank you. You just realized the point I was making all along. Dumb ass.

:hysterical:

Regardless as to whether they are on a lot, or not on a lot. There are still Ford vehicles out there that retail for over $27,000. Apparently you have an issue with reading comprehension, and you are the one that made the statement about 'finding a ford @ 27K' not me.

OK, isn't the crux of your argument that the Taurus is priced too high at the top end? If so, then the argument that most Fusions and Mustangs won't ever see the top end price should also apply to the Taurus, right? A Taurus with maxed-out options should be exception not the rule just as it is with the Mustang and Fusion.

:hysterical:

Regardless as to whether they are on a lot, or not on a lot. There are still Ford vehicles out there that retail for over $27,000. Apparently you have an issue with reading comprehension.

Apparently so do you.

LMAO, the world according the Michael and Gamble. Yeah ok guys, every Fusion and V6 Mustang on the road was priced well over 27 grand. Whatever. Like I said, very much the exception and not the rule. All one needs to do is spend 5 minutes on a Ford lot to see through that line of shit.

Nope, my intial response was regarding you original statement posted before you threw in all that other BS.

Try again. :boring:

Sure, though I'm not sure why, you couldn't figure it out the first time, there's no reason to think you could this time.

Now before you go and do something stupid like you did the first time around, let me just go ahead and give you the answer so you can be educated, mmkay? Goodie.

The answer is "not many", and as I pointed out those that are over 27K are the exception and not the rule, which logically still seats in the "not many" camp genius. Ford as a general rule is not regarded as a high end, high priced luxury sedan and so therefore most buyers will be reluctant to pay those 28 to 30K price tags for a Fusion or a V6 Mustang. This is why the vast majority of their cars never make it over 26K in the price tag department. Once you start getting up into that price range shoppers will tend to look more at Lincoln, Acura, Lexus or something of that ilk. It may be a perception thing and it may not be right but it is what it is. Now, all I suggested was that the high entry level price of the Taurus X combined with the notion that it may be widely regarded by shoppers as a "car" could hinder it. I don't know if it will or not and also like I said, only time will tell. Pretty much everything after that was you being a dumb ass.

Edited by BlackHorse

Sure, though I'm not sure why, you couldn't figure it out the first time, there's no reason to think you could this time.

Now before you go and do something stupid like you did the first time around, let me just go ahead and give you the answer so you can be educated, mmkay? Goodie.

The answer is "not many", and as I pointed out those that are over 27K are the exception and not the rule, which logically still seats in the "not many" camp genius. Ford as a general rule is not regarded as a high end, high priced luxury sedan and so therefore most buyers will be reluctant to pay those 28 to 30K price tags for a Fusion or a V6 Mustang. This is why the vast majority of their cars never make it over 26K in the price tag department. Once you start getting up into that price range shoppers will tend to look more at Lincoln, Acura, Lexus or something of that ilk. It may be a perception thing and it may not be right but it is what it is. Now, all I suggested was that the high entry level price of the Taurus X combined with the notion that it may be widely regarded by shoppers as a "car" could hinder it. I don't know if it will or not and also like I said, only time will tell. Pretty much everything after that was you being a dumb ass.

So what you are insisting is that there is a gaping hole btwn the meat-and-potatoe brands and the luxury manufacturers? No die.

And ummm that little grey area from $27K to $30K is not considered anywhere near high end, especially in this day and age when you can purchase Accords/Altimas/Camrys for north of 30. As I pointed out you can pick from what 3 models in the price range, where as the serious competition falls above the 30K watermark. Sorry you just aren't making much sense, oh and I like how it is now from 28K to 30K.

You're acting as if Ford released it's version of the Phateon and peddle it around at 70K.

Seriously who in their right mind, other than posers who can't afford the damn cars, set out to purchase a stripped Audi A4 2.0T FrontTrak. It is just as laughable as that V6 Mustang you are going on and on about.

Yep, I knew it, too stupid to figure it out. I'm not going to explain it to you again for like the 4th time Michael. If you're to stupid to understand you'll just have to go through life that way. Better yet, run down to the local Ford lot and insist on paying 28 grand for a Fusion because someone told you that's the national average for a car now. They'll be happy to take care of that for you. Be sure to get your PT Barnum hat before you leave though.

Yep, I knew it, too stupid to figure it out. I'm not going to explain it to you again for like the 4th time Michael. If you're to stupid to understand you'll just have to go through life that way. Better yet, run down to the local Ford lot and insist on paying 28 grand for a Fusion because someone told you that's the national average for a car now. They'll be happy to take care of that for you. Be sure to get your PT Barnum hat before you leave though.

Yup poor stupid me. However will I get through life.

Blackhorse seems to be one of the many on this board apparently stuck in 1990. I'll point out for the umpteenth time, and pay attention this time everybody:

THE AVERAGE TRANSACTION PRICE ON A NEW CAR IN THE UNITED STATES IS NOW CLOSE TO $26,000!!!

So get off your wacky tobacky and stop complaining that the Taurus X barely costs more than the average car.

Thank you for listening.

Wheres the link?

:P

:lol:

I suspect with the 3.5 engine the Taurus X will be much better recieved. It's only hold back being it's price tag. There's just not a large customer base for vehciles north of the 27 grand range and most of those that can spend in that ball park don't typically consider a Ford car.

All in all, I'd say Ford is expecting greatly improved volumes from the Freestyle, but at the same time, not expecting world-beating sales figures.

In terms of this ridiculous argument on pricing, I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. The Saturn Outlook, Toyota Highlander, and Honda Pilot, which are this vehicle's direct competition, all start within $200 of the Taurus X. If you don't think people will pay that much for a Ford, look at the Edge. And for all the Edge's greatness, the Taurus X is a superior vehicle in every way.

That being said, this vehicle has no flaws. There is no weak spot, unlike the Freestyle's adequate engine and forgettable styling. The only thing that can derail its success is poor marketing. Like its sedan counterpart, if Ford can convey to consumers that it meets and BEATS its competition at everything, it will fly off lots. More Ford Challenge ads might be in order.

It's a good start for the On-Road Explorer, which will probably be mechanically similar, except with a higher ride height.