New Falcon XR8 Ute Commercial

jpd80

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they alienate a group in this ad, it's going to be hard to get to them to listen to an ad for a vehicle that they ARE targeted for.

Now take the metrosexuals and the hetrosexuals and switch them. If you target the metro's you alienate the hetros. If you target the green guys you alienate the blue guys. If you target blue collar workers you alienate white collar workers.

Are you finally getting it SVT? It's a double edge sword. Anyone can look at any commercial and feel their particular socio-demogrpahic group was alientated because they weren't represented. Fat chicks may feel offended because Jill Wagner is a total hottie driving a Mercury. If you sit around all the time worrying about who your commercial might offend you might as well never make one because guranteed it's going to offend somebody.

My best to your mother.

PS, one2gamble is right, sex sells.

Edited by BlackHorse

Thanks for the kind words / prayers for my mom. I know I probably ruffled a few feathers in this thread - a lot of what I said was venting.

My mom has been admitted to the hospital since Monday. Sunday morning at 12:00 a.m. she woke me up and had me drive her to the hospital (which is 45 minutes away). She had called the doctor and they said she would be admitted. Through some mixup in the hospital, they said she wasn't scheduled to be admited, so they said we had to use the E.R. as the channel for admitting her. To make a long story short, after 4 1/2 hours in the E.R. room, the E.R. doctor discharged her and said she didn't belong in the hospital. I was ticked off ... but my mom was distraught.

Monday morning she had a colonoscopy (to check for colon cancer), and that afternoon my dad and I drove her to the neurologist she is seeing for her back / neck / foot problems. The doctors were apalled that the on-call doctor would not confirm her admittance to the hospital. They admitted her immediately after seeing her. We were angry because she should have been admitted on Sunday morning.

The major reason they admitted her is beacuse she has lost about 20 lbs in the past 2 months for no explainable reason. They have found no signs of cancer anywhere and her diet has been stable.

She has been suffering from chronic back, foot, and neck pains and has been diagnosed with lumbar ridiculopathy and clinical peripheral neuropathy. She has arthritus and bulging discs in her cervical vertebrae, 4 pinched nerves in her lower back region which they believe is causing her altered sensations in the foot and intense foot pain which has rendered her great difficult when it comes to walking.

They have found cysts on several organs in her body which they are investigating, but all of them appear benign (non-cancerous which is good) from the CAT scan. I'm hoping they get to the bottom of this soon. It has put a huge strain on everything in my life (even my relationship with my GF oddly enough?). She has been out of work since the middle of March as well. She is a teacher so it is tough on her.

Later guys ..

Adam

Thanks for the kind words / prayers for my mom. I know I probably ruffled a few feathers in this thread - a lot of what I said was venting.

My mom has been admitted to the hospital since Monday. Sunday morning at 12:00 a.m. she woke me up and had me drive her to the hospital (which is 45 minutes away). She had called the doctor and they said she would be admitted. Through some mixup in the hospital, they said she wasn't scheduled to be admited, so they said we had to use the E.R. as the channel for admitting her. To make a long story short, after 4 1/2 hours in the E.R. room, the E.R. doctor discharged her and said she didn't belong in the hospital. I was ticked off ... but my mom was distraught.

Monday morning she had a colonoscopy (to check for colon cancer), and that afternoon my dad and I drove her to the neurologist she is seeing for her back / neck / foot problems. The doctors were apalled that the on-call doctor would not confirm her admittance to the hospital. They admitted her immediately after seeing her. We were angry because she should have been admitted on Sunday morning.

The major reason they admitted her is beacuse she has lost about 20 lbs in the past 2 months for no explainable reason. They have found no signs of cancer anywhere and her diet has been stable.

She has been suffering from chronic back, foot, and neck pains and has been diagnosed with lumbar ridiculopathy and clinical peripheral neuropathy. She has arthritus and bulging discs in her cervical vertebrae, 4 pinched nerves in her lower back region which they believe is causing her altered sensations in the foot and intense foot pain which has rendered her great difficult when it comes to walking.

They have found cysts on several organs in her body which they are investigating, but all of them appear benign (non-cancerous which is good) from the CAT scan. I'm hoping they get to the bottom of this soon. It has put a huge strain on everything in my life (even my relationship with my GF oddly enough?). She has been out of work since the middle of March as well. She is a teacher so it is tough on her.

Later guys ..

Adam

Adam...sorry to hear that...best wishes to all...health is such a fragile/ fickle thing. Cheers. Dean