Iraq

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no intention on scaring Americans, I do however foresee the consequences of a withdraw! I'm an independent and am not soliciting votes for either side!

Never said you did. Maybe you just bought into something that was way overhyped. Turn on any news and that's all you hear these people saying.

Never said you did. Maybe you just bought into something that was way overhyped. Turn on any news and that's all you hear these people saying.

Yeh lately, I watched the news cast from the onset of the war and ignored the commentary and bias. The only thing I focused on where the facts. So it's from one extreme to the other, either an attack is emanate or we should pullout. Really people need to become comfortable with the status qua, because we are safer for it. Throw away your bumper stickers and really support your troops.

Edited by Furious1Auto

Yeh lately, I watched the news cast from the onset of the war and ignored the commentary and bias. The only thing I focused on where the facts. So it's from one extreme to the other, either an attack is emanate or we should pullout. Really people need to become comfortable with the status qua, because we are safer for it. Throw away your bumper stickers and really support your troops.

You only focus on the facts???

We are safer for it????? Where are the facts to back that up?? We don't even know what would happen if we just left, it could be the best thing that ever happened.

You only focus on the facts???

We are safer for it????? Where are the facts to back that up?? We don't even know what would happen if we just left, it could be the best thing that ever happened.

For terrorists!!!!! I focused on the facts leading up to the war to justify the action.

As of 7-24-07:

Number of American servicemembers killed in Iraq: at least 3,637;

Number wounded: at least 35,500 (as of 6/30/07. These are DoD figures, some estimates put the number of non-mortal casualties at over 100,000);

Number of American contractors killed in Iraq: unknown; most estimates are over 1,000;

Number of American contractors wounded in Iraq: unknown

Source: www.icasualties.org

Number of Iraqis killed since the start of U.S. invasion in March 2003: at least 34,000. Source: www.iraqbodycount.org

Number of Iraqis killed since start of U.S. attack/invasion/occupation: over 655,000. Source: The Lancet (British medical journal; www.thelancet.com)

Cost to U.S. taxpayers: at least $12 billion per month (yes, that's BILLION) Source: http://costofwar.com

Number of Iraqis displaced because of U.S.-started civil war: 4.2 million. Source: www.alertnet.org

Status of people like trimdingaling, furious2auto, pukenukem, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, etc.: clueless

As of 7-24-07:

Status of people like trimdingaling, furious2auto, pukenukem, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, etc.: clueless

Perhaps they're Fox News loyalist. They seem to fit the bill. I always suspected Faux news viewers were somewhat lacking. A Pew research poll seems to confirm that. The poll's focus was the knowledge level of the viewers - Fox viewers came in dead last in syndicated news shows. <lol>

http://thinkprogress.org/2007/04/16/daily-...-fox-knowledge/

Perhaps they're Fox News loyalist. They seem to fit the bill. I always suspected Faux news viewers were somewhat lacking. A Pew research poll seems to confirm that. The poll's focus was the knowledge level of the viewers - Fox viewers came in dead last in syndicated news shows. <lol>

What do you watch? I don't watch FOX much anymore. I have my position, which pretty much parallels some of the commentators. They are fair and balanced, but the network spends too much time on individual crimes. I am more interested in the big picture. I mostly watch Canadian news on CTV. I am able to watch people with views that I disagree with and not become indoctrinated. I just want to know what is going on. I will add my own spin.

Who ran the poll? I believe that if you bear with me, I can disprove it using a little common sense. Your implication, I gather, is that left wing Democrat types are smarter than right wing Republican types, right? What demographic makes up the smart people, and what makes up the not so smart? Entrepreneurs are pretty smart. They mostly vote Republican. People on welfare are not so smart. They mostly vote Democrat. In the middle you have a mixed bag. If people on welfare were not allowed to vote, the Republicans would always win. If entrepreneurs were not allowed to vote, the Democrats would always win. Figure it out.

support-foxnews.gif

;)

support-foxnews.gif

;)

FOX presents both sides. They have an equal number of people on the left and right. The other major networks, on the other hand, only allow one view. I have my own view. I am bored with listening to people who share it. I get more pleasure out of busting the balls of people who oppose it. Some people, however are numb. They can't even feel it when their balls get busted. If you do not have an intelligent argument, just do as your mentors tell you and chant your mindless slogans.

Where the hell did the last Iraq thread go, I posted on it for days and it seems to have been wiped from existence. I even tried to search my previous posts and there's no record other than the difference in my overall thread count.

Maybe my posts were getting too graphic. War is Hell. It not only affects the combatants. It also affects their families. Victory is the lesser of two evils. I grew up in the most disfunctional family that anyone could imagine because my father fought in the war. I love and respect him despite what actions the war drove him to. He was my hero, and if I have anything to say about it, he will be honored for many generations to come in my family. If I become 1/10th of the man that he was, I will be proud.

Edited by Trimdingman

FOX presents both sides. They have an equal number of people on the left and right. The other major networks, on the other hand, only allow one view. I have my own view. I am bored with listening to people who share it. I get more pleasure out of busting the balls of people who oppose it. Some people, however are numb. They can't even feel it when their balls get busted. If you do not have an intelligent argument, just do as your mentors tell you and chant your mindless slogans.

You hit the nail on the head, just as most media sources don't allow for opposing points of view neither do, Punkmaster, ASS/SinsFan, or meth head. I also suspect that the administrator that removed the original Iraq thread was a democat that didn't like the fact that we (the realist) where winning the debate! No one still can give an explination as to where the entire thread went!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Yea it's hilarious, the more Faux news one watches, the more confused they become.

You'd think that after seeing this, they would stop watching it, do some freaking research not from some neo-conservative sources, and finally get up to speed on the facts. But then these are people that still think the Earth is flat, so good luck..

Yea it's hilarious, the more Faux news one watches, the more confused they become.

You'd think that after seeing this, they would stop watching it, do some freaking research not from some neo-conservative sources, and finally get up to speed on the facts. But then these are people that still think the Earth is flat, so good luck..

News Hounds We watch FOX so you don't have to.

You sound real intelligent. The earth is not flat, but your head is. Maybe you are an immigrant, or have fewer than five or six generations here. I have 12 going back to the Mayflower, but many more following my Aboriginal roots. Maybe your heart is some place else. My heart is here. Fuck with me, and you deal with me. PERIOD. That is how our proud forces feel. Where are you? A hundred years ago, you would face a firing squad.

Edited by Trimdingman

Not true, Faux presents one side and one side only, of course, stations like CNN aren't any better..

You hit the nail on the head, just as most media sources don't allow for opposing points of view neither do, Punkmaster, ASS/SinsFan, or meth head. I also suspect that the administrator that removed the original Iraq thread was a democat that didn't like the fact that we (the realist) where winning the debate! No one still can give an explination as to where the entire thread went!

One doesn't "win" a debate when they rely on lies and propaganda in place of facts.

Claiming some kind of victory when you're completely wrong is pretty stupid. It shouldn't be about winning or losing anyways, it should be about learning, and discovering the truth, it's apparent the people who still think the Iraq war was a good idea or justified care little for finding truth, or being accurate.

Just some advice..

You sound real intelligent. The earth is not flat, but your head is. Maybe you are an immigrant, or have fewer than five or six generations here. Maybe your heart is some place else. My heart is here. Fuck with me, and you deal with me. PERIOD.

I'm right here you dumb fascist.

My family has been here since it's beginning, so you can go straight to hell, you're not even an American you dumbfuck.

Your one of those internet Nazi's, all talk.

Just because you're dumb, and constantly get ripped to shreds in every debate doesn't mean you have a right to lash out at people.

:finger::finger::finger:

One doesn't "win" a debate when they rely on lies and propaganda in place of facts.

Claiming some kind of victory when you're completely wrong is pretty stupid. It shouldn't be about winning or losing anyways, it should be about learning, and discovering the truth, it's apparent the people who still think the Iraq war was a good idea or justified care little for finding truth, or being accurate.

Just some advice..

If you so concerned with the truth then why don't you post a valid arguement rather than insulting people. I see we can pull out of Iraq and the Islamic fascist promise never to plot another attack. I can't understand your illogical thinking! Your obviously pissed that your getting opposition because, your posting multiple replies before anyone can answer you.

Edited by Furious1Auto