Iraq

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The two most hit sites on here are Iraq war and National health care. We are around our 5th year in Iraq and 240+ years without National health care and you people think your views matter. Get real, get a life, play with your kids, hug your wife, call your mom and dad and tell them you love them. :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

It's always the same from you: ad hominem attacks, straw man arguments, etc. No facts.

Stick a fork in you, 'cause you're done.

Here's a fact for you.....I went back and reviewed every single war that the US has fought in and without fail we had casualties...it's fact of WAR....the problem is that people like you who do not have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to anyone or country.....if you and your ilk were around during the WWII we'd be walking lock step or sushi would be our main staple...Man up and stop whinning and support our fighting men and women!

Nap, he can't!!!!!!

LOOK at the people who want liberals, lolol. Pumpster, PUDDY, SUV from Canada, and LISTEN to them, lolol. This is exactly why this upcoming election is not a slam dunk.

These peoples posts are poster children to what the alternative is, and our candidate WILL NOT be GW.

There was an intersting survey about National Healthcare that queried----------------->Do you want free National Healthcare? THE ANSWER----------->over 55% said yes.

They then asked the question----------------->what if your taxes had to rise 10% to fund it? ANSWER------------>73% said NO!!!!!!!!!

That is the crux of this election; can the liberals convince everyone it is for free, or can the conservatives show that taxes will invariably rise to pay for it using every country who has implemented it!!!!!!

As far as Iraq, if you throw out Obama and a couple of others, both partys say "we aren't going anywhere."

Now for the assertion that Iraq was/is the worst foreign policy mistake ever.

IN VIETNAM we lost over 50,000, then left. Guess who actually started that war, lolol.........and no, it wouldn't be the conservatives, hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

IN VIETNAM we lost over 50,000, then left. Guess who actually started that war, lolol.........and no, it wouldn't be the conservatives, hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

Who? Look at the false pretenses that started it also. Both sides suck, people need to learn that before we will ever move on to better things.

The 545 People Responsible For All Of U.S. Woes

Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.

Have you ever wondered why, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, we have deficits? Have you ever wondered why, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, we have inflation and high taxes?

You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does. You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of Representatives does. You and I don't write the tax code. Congress does. You and I don't set fiscal policy. Congress does. You and I don't control monetary policy. The Federal Reserve Bank does.

One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president and nine Supreme Court justices - 545 human beings out of the 235 million - are directly, legally, morally and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

Don't you see how the con game that is played on the people by the politicians? Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common con regardless of party.

Here's a fact for you.....I went back and reviewed every single war that the US has fought in and without fail we had casualties...it's fact of WAR....the problem is that people like you who do not have the intestinal fortitude to stand up to anyone or country.....if you and your ilk were around during the WWII we'd be walking lock step or sushi would be our main staple...Man up and stop whinning and support our fighting men and women!

[/quote/]

You don't support the troops---you're holding them hostage. You're getting the troops killed & wounded.

You don't support the troops---you're holding them hostage. You're getting the troops killed & wounded.

thats funny coming from you, cause you sure as hell dont support us. all we are to you is a propaganda tool.

ooh ooh look how many died today guys.

why dont you just put on your turban and man dress and start making videos for the enemy.

12 Army Captains???there are probably only 1200 over there.....so 1%...do you call that a representive sample?...ever take math in high school?

Did you even read the article? It is not just captains, but across the military, both active and retired soldiers are speaking out against the futility of the war, including dozens of former generals. It all comes down to this, there is not enough soldiers to prosecute this war, studies have suggested it would take upwards of half a million to do the job.

Either we need to institute the draft, or we need to leave. Bringing back the draft is never going to happen, it's not even remotely possible, so why do we continue to waste lives and resources? The captains say it best:

"Though temporary reinforcing operations in places like Fallujah, An Najaf, Tal Afar, and now Baghdad may brief well on PowerPoint presentations, in practice they just push insurgents to another spot on the map and often strengthen the insurgents' cause by harassing locals to a point of swayed allegiances. Millions of Iraqis correctly recognize these actions for what they are and vote with their feet -- moving within Iraq or leaving the country entirely. Still, our colonels and generals keep holding on to flawed concepts."

Iraq population: 27 1/2 million

US military active in Iraq: 152 thousand

Number of officers reporting problems: 12

"12" army captains voice concerns/ opinions. Ok.

So 12 people inside of 152 thousand inside of 27.5 million people deployed across a country knows the current state of affairs?

Yea,right.

That is the same as 12 people telling me Texas (23.5 Mil Pop.) is out of control and should be avoided.

I am sure there are good and bad sections or Texas,Iraq, (insert name here).

Makes you wonder why they are only captains,retired and writing books to sell.

Iraq will end sometime and history will judge years from now if the effort was worth it or not.

Iraq population: 27 1/2 million

US military active in Iraq: 152 thousand

Number of officers reporting problems: 12

"12" army captains voice concerns/ opinions. Ok.

So 12 people inside of 152 thousand inside of 27.5 million people deployed across a country knows the current state of affairs?

Yea,right.

That is the same as 12 people telling me Texas (23.5 Mil Pop.) is out of control and should be avoided.

I am sure there are good and bad sections or Texas,Iraq, (insert name here).

Makes you wonder why they are only captains,retired and writing books to sell.

Iraq will end sometime and history will judge years from now if the effort was worth it or not.

Six million Iraqis have either fled the country or moved within the country in hopes of escaping the violence. The Princeton Study suggested several hundred thousand deaths due to the war, sectarian violence, anarchy, collateral deaths, and lack of food, water, and medical attention. For what, oil? This isn't about some idealogical struggle, it's simple economics, the problem is, if I was still a soldier, I guarantee you, I would not want to die for that, especially since there are better alternatives.

It's a great deal more that a dozen discontented soldiers.

Five years later, and both us and the Iraqi's are worse off. The majority of this country desires an exit, as do the Iraqis themselves.

Greenspan, the war is about oil.

Gen. Abizaid, former CENTCOM, "of course it's about oil"

Six million Iraqis have either fled the country or moved within the country in hopes of escaping the violence. The Princeton Study suggested several hundred thousand deaths due to the war, sectarian violence, anarchy, collateral deaths, and lack of food, water, and medical attention. For what, oil? This isn't about some idealogical struggle, it's simple economics, the problem is, if I was still a soldier, I guarantee you, I would not want to die for that, especially since there are better alternatives.

It's a great deal more that a dozen discontented soldiers.

Five years later, and both us and the Iraqi's are worse off. The majority of this country desires an exit, as do the Iraqis themselves.

Greenspan, the war is about oil.

Gen. Abizaid, former CENTCOM, "of course it's about oil"

yeah...I've enjoyed those low oil prices since the war started......same old BS.......the liberal party line...you have no original thoughts of your own...only what moveon.org and media matters has posted.....try to do a little reading and educate yourself...

yeah...I've enjoyed those low oil prices since the war started......same old BS.......the liberal party line...you have no original thoughts of your own...only what moveon.org and media matters has posted.....try to do a little reading and educate yourself...

Hey, I am ready to be enlightened. Maybe I have been indoctrinated? Tell ya what, why don't you show me some facts or figures that my liberal friends have been concealing from me? Come on you can do it, don't bitch up on me, let's see who the bitch is.

Hey, I am ready to be enlightened. Maybe I have been indoctrinated? Tell ya what, why don't you show me some facts or figures that my liberal friends have been concealing from me? Come on you can do it, don't bitch up on me, let's see who the bitch is.

you are the one that bought up the oil...show me your facts that we've gotten their oil......and I'd assume that since they have so much..... our price should plummet any day now......all you are doing is putting links on here from left-wing web sites.....you are obviously an uneducated person not capable of an orignal thought...come back when you get educated.....man-up and do some research..

you are the one that bought up the oil...show me your facts that we've gotten their oil......and I'd assume that since they have so much..... our price should plummet any day now......all you are doing is putting links on here from left-wing web sites.....you are obviously an uneducated person not capable of an orignal thought...come back when you get educated.....man-up and do some research..

http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petrole...ent/import.html

http://www.gravmag.com/oil.html

Yeah we really import shitloads of cheap oil from Iraq, dont we...

And as if you evil neocons haven't caused enough death & destruction in Iraq and Afghanistan, your batshit leader keeps threatening Iran: http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071018/pl_af...learwwiiiwhouse

I'm assuming that your man was slick willy......and he like you was a coward and let OBL get away..had he got him things would be much different now...the libs have no spine or guts to the the tough things that need to be done to protect our freedoms.....go back into you hole and hide...

I'm assuming that your man was slick willy......and he like you was a coward and let OBL get away..had he got him things would be much different now...the libs have no spine or guts to the the tough things that need to be done to protect our freedoms.....go back into you hole and hide...

All rhetoric and spin. No facts.

I'm ordering you to report for duty in Sadr City immediately to "defend your country." Get down to your local recruiters office now.

Come on, that's all you got? That's the grand enlightenment? Don't like my links, what don't you like, be specific. The fact that they are wrong, why are they wrong, what is it that you don't agree with? That's all the facts you have to work with? Well, here is my reply.

As far as Iraq, of course you don't see any oil. Here are some of the reasons.

1) Due to the sanctions, the infrastructure was failing. So, even though Iraq has the worlds fourth largest reserves, the infrastructure is not in place to capitalize on those reserves. Under ordinary conditions, we would have seen greater returns, but that brings us to the second reason...

2) Insurgents, terrorists destroying the infrastructure.

3) Smuggling, theft, much of the oil in the north is shipped via truck, much of that is stolen, diverted to Syria, or sold.

Oil had everything to do with the attack. It was to allow the free flow of oil from one of the worlds largest oil reserves, something that was not possible under Saddam.

Don't shoot your mouth off either till you educate yourself. Bushco had the opportunity to get OBL before we invaded Iraq. Educate yourself, look it up.

Where do you get protecting our freedoms???? It seems every other day we lose some right here at home.