Lincoln MKX Review

Shorter than a F-350 would suffice...

The F350's brakes are designed to stop 20,000 pound trailers. So, when an F350 is empty, it stops shorter then an MKX. Big surprise.

The MKX takes 146 feet to stop from 60 mph...

Not that I'm saying 146 feet is awesome, I'm just trying to put it in perspective. I sure hope the 08 MKX & Edge addresses this so-called issue so the magazine bench racers will move on to something else...

:doh:

Edmunds can be so inconsistent at times (in this case performance times), but having said that they do have a few points in terms of interior ambiance. Ford has got to up overall refinement and 'oppulance' when it comes to Lincoln: unique HVAC, different audio head units, and less Ford part bin BS should be finding less and less of their way into these cars. It doesn't have to be done all at once, but adding little things here and there go a long way to making these vehicles seem 'special'.

AFAIK, there isn't one Lincoln out there that makes me want to go check one out in the showroom. They aren't horrible, but if Ford is going to stick with similar exterior shapes at least take the time out to make the interior something much more special.

:doh:

Edmunds can be so inconsistent at times (in this case performance times), but having said that they do have a few points in terms of interior ambiance. Ford has got to up overall refinement and 'oppulance' when it comes to Lincoln: unique HVAC, different audio head units, and less Ford part bin BS should be finding less and less of their way into these cars. It doesn't have to be done all at once, but adding little things here and there go a long way to making these vehicles seem 'special'.

AFAIK, there isn't one Lincoln out there that makes me want to go check one out in the showroom. They aren't horrible, but if Ford is going to stick with similar exterior shapes at least take the time out to make the interior something much more special.

Well, at least the HVACs and audio are all being changed in the next cycle of refreshes across the board. With the newer "poke-through" designs it should be much easier to make them look much more unique per vehicle application.

Well, at least the HVACs and audio are all being changed in the next cycle of refreshes across the board. With the newer "poke-through" designs it should be much easier to make them look much more unique per vehicle application.

True, and judging from the MKS it appears that way. Although the gauges still come off as something uninspired.

Speaking of the MKS, I wonder how that quirky looking display at the top of the center stack will look lit up.