2007 Ford Q2 Financial Reuslts: Net Profit of $750 million

Fine, go ahead with the cheerleader orgy.

Seems it'll be the only one this year, so party on and don't worry about anything. :stirpot:

Getting a little testy today...huh? It's ok, I am sure there will be some negative news about Ford again in the future to brighten your day.

Mullaly is being cautious. Everyone (especially you) thought there would be another huge loss this quarter. Guess what...all wrong...so how you can predict the future and no one else can is beyond me.

Edited by 2005Explorer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mazda???

On another note, I am still wondering what they will do with Troller in Brazil

I can't see Mazda expanding much more rapidly than they already are. Mazda is a good asset to have as they expand into the Asian markets, but how much will they really help in Europe? Could Ford successfully transform Lincoln or Mercury into an overseas brand....eventually? If Ford gets their NA ducks in a row, would they be able to find success expanding their luxury lineup outside the states where others have failed? I think it would eventually become a necessity as other global markets catch up to the importance of the NA market.

Yea, but the difference between investors, and you, is that they can actually read the SEC report. :rolleyes:

On a side note, I think the analysts are pissed that they got their predictions so wrong. Note this quote:

We were fairly pleased to hear the earnings result. Our firm didn't issue any earnings forecasts, but we are among the largest holders of Ford's fixed-income securities.

Ford's prediction for the 2009 profit is exactly that... a prediction. Ford also did not anticipate this profitable quarter, either. Mullally stated that investors should not expect a full-year profit until 2009.

"Despite the quarterly earnings, the company said it still doesn’t expect to post an annual profit until 2009, although it is burning cash at a slower rate than the slightly less than $17 billion through 2009 that the company had predicted."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19970567/

This is good news also...the part in bold anyway

Edited by ManFord

"Despite the quarterly earnings, the company said it still doesn’t expect to post an annual profit until 2009, although it is burning cash at a slower rate than the slightly less than $17 billion through 2009 that the company had predicted."

This is good news also...the part in bold anyway

That and the reported rise in US market share were probably the most noteable portions of the earnings statement. The profit was secondary when looking at the long term picture.

Dealer inventories are lower than normal due to better RETAIL sales...dealer orders are up...Ford's costs are down...I expected Ford to do well this quarter.

It is still very difficult to find a 2008 Escape on a dealer lot months after production started and full ramp up. At end of June, Ford only had a 32 day supply of Escapes and I would bet it's under 20 days now as Escapes are few and far between on Metro Detroit Dealer lots.

This news must have just destroyed pcsario's day. He was waiting for a huge loss to be posted so he could jump up and down with excitement.

Anyhow this does not mean they can stop now. I think Alan totally understands that and he will save this company. The smartest decision Bill Ford ever made was to hire him. I never understood why there are people so negative about Ford Motor Company and why they want to see this company fail. It is one of the very few original icons of the American industrial age. I know some people have had bad luck with the products or whatever, but why all the hatred?

Anyhow here is Alan's interview on msnbc

Mulally's job will be a lot easier if the economy would cooperate. Tightening credit and the credit market in general is worrisome enough without even factoring in fuel prices. It's doesn't look like housing market is coming back anytime soon and the worry is it will get worse if that is possible. One hope is that 2008 is an election year and generally the economy does well. Hopefully Bush can pump the prime to make economy look good for Republicans chances of remaining in office.

Quite frankly, pcsario may not be too far off with his predictions (though he may not know why). Consider:

1. The second quarter is generally the best "profit" quarter. This is because all the costs assocated with launching new product are not included. Also the program expenses are typically shown at a lower level than in the last half of the year.

2. Ford, as any company would when running into the same circumstance of huge losses, packed every possible loss into last year to give some kind of boost to 07 profits if only to show the markets (and perhaps customers) that they weren't dead yet.

3. Product expenses will need to be raised to make Ford more profitable in the long term. But this is obviously a crapshoot. And this year's financial results don't include very much in the way of new product investment - after all Ford has been in survival mode.

4. As noted in one of the articles, the low lying cost "fruit" has been picked and the NA market is still unprofitable.

The bottom line is that Ford still has a loooong road infront of them.

this is shockng to me

Ford Europe: Ford Europe's second-quarter pre-tax profit was $262 million, compared with a pre-tax profit of $185 million during the same period in 2006. The improvement was more than explained by favorable net pricing and higher volumes, partially offset by higher manufacturing costs, primarily to support increased volumes. During the second quarter of 2007, Ford Europe's revenue was $9.2 billion, compared with $7.5 billion during the second quarter of 2006.

FoE is breaking under the the demand for it products.

a 22% increase in revenue on a 5% increase in sales.

that is how you do it.

these numbers don't include the new mondeo. the S-max and galaxy seem to be responsible for the increase in revenue, along with strong commercial sales.

plus a favorable exchange rate with the US had to help.