Lincoln Cosmopolitan

rmc523

Heres my idea for a new Cosmopolitan, a range topping large Lincoln sedan with all the ammeneties that luxury sedan owners have come to expect.

PS I'm not sure if this would be more appropriate in the Photochops section?

post-28332-1186702775_thumb.jpg

• 5 months later...
Wrong. For '49-'51 the Cosmopolitan was the top of the line. Cosmos got one-piece curved-glass windshields whereas lesser Lincolns got two-piece flat windshields.

Please check out the 54 Linoln line up. As in the Panamerican Rally winners.

Edited by jonas1022

And before that the Custom and Custom 500...?

My idea was spurred by his notion of "range topping" wording. The Capri was the top of the range. At least until they dreamed up a new line of Mark II. At least it sequentially followed the Mark (I). And then they dreamed up the newer line of Continentals. I don't recall any in between, but heck I was a kid then and don't remember much of it. Just bits of what I have read over the years. And when I was a kid in high school there were two Capris' parked and rusting outside of a garage near where I lived. Twin cars, same equipment and black paint. Obviously beautiful cars in their day. I suppose someone has crushed them by now. It was northeastern Ohio, and the lake effect snow was pretty good every year. And those were the 60's.

Edited by jonas1022

Why do people keep posting chops/drawings in the wrong forum??

I post it here because I'd like to see what people think. Nobody responds in the Photochops/Renderings section. If people would respond/post in the Photochops/Renderings section, I wouldn't post it here.

I don't like posting something and getting, for example 6 posts (3 of which are my own) in 5 months. Now had the thread been discussed somewhat, and had died down by now, like most threads, I would've been fine, and we probably wouldn't be discussing it still, except for the fact that I updated/changed the picture.

And before that the Custom and Custom 500...?

My idea was spurred by his notion of "range topping" wording. The Capri was the top of the range. At least until they dreamed up a new line of Mark II. At least it sequentially followed the Mark (I). And then they dreamed up the newer line of Continentals. I don't recall any in between, but heck I was a kid then and don't remember much of it. Just bits of what I have read over the years. And when I was a kid in high school there were two Capris' parked and rusting outside of a garage near where I lived. Twin cars, same equipment and black paint. Obviously beautiful cars in their day. I suppose someone has crushed them by now. It was northeastern Ohio, and the lake effect snow was pretty good every year. And those were the 60's.

The most recent Capri:

1993.mercury.capri.7608-396x249.jpg

Yeah, that's a top-of-the-line luxury connotation.

That's the Mercury one right? See, that's what I think of when I hear "Capri".....and I see one running around near me occasionally as well.

Between the Fox bodied and roadster Mercury there is no way the Capri name could ever be associated with Lincoln again without bursting out in laughter.

I like the idea of a Cosmopolitan Lincoln tho.

I was watching the You Tube video of Eli Manning getting his Cadillac for MVP and they had all the Cadillacs listed with their lettergrams. And I am thinking to myself, what was wrong with deVille, Eldorado, Seville, etc. Those names meant something.

So I am all for bringing back Cosmopolitan, Continental, Mark X, etc.

I mean, people hear Corvette, 300, Mustang, F150, etc. and immediately associate it with a certain type of car or truck in a positive way.

Edited by 96 Pony

Between the Fox bodied and roadster Mercury there is no way the Capri name could ever be associated with Lincoln again without bursting out in laughter.

I like the idea of a Cosmopolitan Lincoln tho.

I was watching the You Tube video of Eli Manning getting his Cadillac for MVP and they had all the Cadillacs listed with their lettergrams. And I am thinking to myself, what was wrong with deVille, Eldorado, Seville, etc. Those names meant something.

So I am all for bringing back Cosmopolitan, Continental, Mark X, etc.

I mean, people hear Corvette, 300, Mustang, F150, etc. and immediately associate it with a certain type of car or truck in a positive way.

Here's a few definitions of the word "cosmopolitan":

---free from local, provincial, or national ideas, prejudices, or attachments; at home all over the world.

---belonging to all the world; not limited to just one part of the world.

---a person who is free from local, provincial, or national bias or attachment; citizen of the world; cosmopolite

---so sophisticated as to be at home in all parts of the world or conversant with many spheres of interest

So, IMO, it's a perfect fit for one of the world's highest tier luxury sedans. (which the Cosmopolitan will be)

This Cosmopolitan would also support Lincoln's global aspirations.

And I think the 'names' "300" and "F-150" are on the fence in regards to whether they're "names" or an alpha-numeric "titles."

Why do people keep posting chops/drawings in the wrong forum??

RMC, personally I wish you wouldn't post your drawings/chops here....they aren't Ford concept OR rumored production cars. That's why there are sections here. Not sure if you're into anarchy or personal aggrandizement LOL. And I did see it earlier. If people aren't responding to your drawings in the photoshop/art section...that's their prerogative. Some of the chops/drawings get a lot of comments pro and con.

As a joke I might post a realistic chop here on April 1st however! LOL.

RMC, personally I wish you wouldn't post your drawings/chops here....they aren't Ford concept OR rumored production cars. That's why there are sections here. Not sure if you're into anarchy or personal aggrandizement LOL. And I did see it earlier. If people aren't responding to your drawings in the photoshop/art section...that's their prerogative. Some of the chops/drawings get a lot of comments pro and con.

As a joke I might post a realistic chop here on April 1st however! LOL.

You mean like this: :hysterical: (it's already been posted, so I can't use it again.)

And BTW, this will be the last drawing I post here. However, I'm going to ask you this: If say, theoretically, a new Cosmopolitan were to be announced for production, would it then be ok with you guys for me to post a drawing here, saying this is how I would've done it?

post-28332-1202878734_thumb.jpg

Edited by rmc523

If say, theoretically, a new Cosmopolitan were to be announced for production, would it then be ok with you guys for me to post a drawing here, saying this is how I would've done it?

IMHO, yes, because it would be part of the discussion of an upcoming or rumored model.