I would like to recieve my Mercury Mariner Hybrid.

pb5927317

Please help with my situation.

I ordered a Mercury Mariner Hybrid on 6/28. I recieved the DORA for the same date. I did NOT recieve a full VIN. My dealership as of yesterday finally made some phone calls to Ford. The news I recieved is NOT good.

They said that only 11 hybrids are allocated monthly to the Indiana/Mich. region. I am in posistion 35. This means I will not recieve a VIN until sometime in December. This means I will not likely have my vehicle produced until Feb. I can accept a 3-4 month wait. But, an 8-9 month wait is NOT desirable at all.

The dealer is telling me that no vehicles are available via a location service.

I had to return my leased vehicle to Chrysler. I am not renting.

I will have to cancel my order and purchased something different if the situation is going to remain the same.

My DORA says the following:

Dealer: 45x344 Moser Motor Sales, IN

Body U29, Order # 7035 Priority 10

Dora Processed 6/28

Vin is 2cu29h 8

Please help. This is my first new Ford ever and the experience isnt going well at all.

Edited by pb5927317

there have been several threads similar to this regarding the Ford Escape hybrid as well....my take is they are building as many as they can it is just demand is outstripping supply BIG time and they can only build so many due to availability of certain components...ie batteries....we are only seeing approx 3-4 per month and they sell as soon as they hit...and it is all we can get even when we ask for as many as possible...they have to share them amoungst dealers....

Hybrid Escapes and Mariners are a Controlled Commodity...Options and commodities are forecast in advance...so when demand is underestimated,there is a shortage,like with the hybrids... means the hybrid system will be extremely limited. Dealerships as a rule should try to manage expectations...but there is a fine line between that and discouraging the customer completely....dealerships are in a catch 22.

My dealership tries to let ordering customers know if their order will take a while...before we order the unit...dealerships cannot give an exact time a vehicle will hit the ground,unfortunately.

Hybrid Escapes and Mariners are a Controlled Commodity...Options and commodities are forecast in advance...so when demand is underestimated,there is a shortage,like with the hybrids... means the hybrid system will be extremely limited. Dealerships as a rule should try to manage expectations...but there is a fine line between that and discouraging the customer completely....dealerships are in a catch 22.

My dealership tries to let ordering customers know if their order will take a while...before we order the unit...dealerships cannot give an exact time a vehicle will hit the ground,unfortunately.

Ironhorse, if I would have been notified upfront, that it could be 6-9 months then I wouldn't be upset. The dealership was told that by Ford when they placed the order, that it could be up to 12 weeks. I was ok with that. I wouldnt even care if it was 4-5 weeks behind that. Its just am really disapointed in a 7-8 month waiting time frame.

I still don't feel its a dealership issue, but maybe I am wrong.

If you have a Hybrid to give away, you should contact the original poster above...........

Don't dealers work with other dealers to get customers what they want. I know my dealer will. If I don't see what I want on the lot, he will go to computer, and find it somewhere in state. I also see cars all the time at dealers waiting to be prepped for delivery that are from other dealers around the state. If dealers have vehicles sitting on lot that no one wants, I'm sure they are receptive to other dealers wants if they have buyer for it. Sure, you don't get exactly what you want unless you custom order, but with factory bundling options now, it's not that hard to find your vehicle on lot somewhere. I know my last three vehicles I had no trouble finding what I wanted on lot, and if not my salesperson would get me what I wanted from somewhere else. But again, I'm not super anal fussy, but if you are more laid back, you can get very close. I have custom ordered new vehicles in past, and it was never fun experience. All it takes is car hauler strike, rail strike, or some other problem, and you wait forever.

Gee, some of the dealers in the Denver metro area if they have one are not haggling much if at all, won't accept A/X plans & charging their $995 or so additional dealer profit & customers are buying them before they even arrive on the lot. The dealers know they can get away with this due to they probally won't be getting any more in for a few months. (supply & demand!)

Now a few months ago, this was a different story where dealers actually had them on their lots for a few weeks or more.

The market is certainly different...I can't give away a Hybrid...I will not stock one anymore...our customers have absolutely no interest in hybrids.

My main interest in the Hybrid came from reading the forums here and on greenhyrid.com.

I think very few have been sold in this area.

If a dealer reads this and has access to one, I might be interested in purchasing. Send me email to plnorton@mchsi.com.

My main interest in the Hybrid came from reading the forums here and on greenhyrid.com.

I think very few have been sold in this area.

If a dealer reads this and has access to one, I might be interested in purchasing. Send me email to plnorton@mchsi.com.

I just bought a Mariner Premiere today. The dealer here has two Hybrids on the lot. If you want, I'll give you the name of the dealer. abasdg@sbcglobal.net