UAW

jam116

There is no way any company could revert back to the old ways.

Now like I said earlier I think the unions had a place and time but feel it is out lived. Now that's my opinion Nothing more" It will have no effect on what happens to the unions. My fear is that we will see some of our great companies fold or move completely outside of the US because of some of the unions. I know some of the unions place unrealistic demands on business. "Don't read into that I'm saying your union does this".

Let me ask you a question. If a company decided not to negotiate with a union and the union called a walk out....What is to stop the company from hiring all new people that are not in a union...Look at the Air Traffic Controllers......

As far as companies not paying over ten bucks an hour. There is a Distribution Center in Greenville, SC starting unskilled labor out at 13.75 per hour...It's not union. I'm sure the cost of living is much cheaper in Greenville than where you are.

Like I said the unions had a place & time......

Our great companies that could move out of the U.S. would do so to pay slave wages with no benefits or very little benefits, unsafe working conditions, 18+ hour days in sweat shops, no job security which means if a foreman doesnt like the way you look he can fire your ass, or for women if you dont like his advances your gone, god forbid if you get hurt on the job! If our great companies would lobby against our great countries free trade agreement half the battle is won..and if our great companies would stop trying to create the great divide amongst our great countries citizens with their own grand benefits packages and then blaming its workers for bleeding the company the other half of the battle is won! I dont know of any UAW worker who is considered a millionaire due to their wages and benefits, and I know of no UAW worker who takes in bonuses in the double or triple digits, or who can fly around in their own jet to Florida for the weekend or who lives in a mansion. I begrudge no one their earned fortunes but how can you blame unions for the demise of a company when their execs. are still living high on the hog and are unwilling to make cut backs on their own wages/benefits but demand that the "little people"do so. Thats like telling your kids they still have to do their chores but for no allowance because money is tight while you are still hitting the bars on the weekend and playing lotto at $50-100./wk. and buying a new wardrobe! Hello??? Get it??? Whilst there are money mongers and hidden agenda government officials out there, a Union will always be needed to some degree.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ?? Why do youfear the big 3 moving outside the U.S. ?? I dont quite understand ?? If they move all operations but still sell models here, what do you fear?? I'm just curious is all........

You are one fuc#ing IDIOT!!!! :finger:

post-18882-1192912214_thumb.jpg

Edited by Brian502

Why ?? Why do youfear the big 3 moving outside the U.S. ?? I dont quite understand ?? If they move all operations but still sell models here, what do you fear?? I'm just curious is all........

It would be sad to see an industry we started leave this country but most importantly all the people that would be out of work....

It just appears we invent things to watch other countries beat us out of it.....

THE FEAR IN ANY OF OUR AMERICAN BASED COMPANIES LEAVING THE U.S. IS OF COURSE JOB LOSS!!!!! WE CATER TO EVERY OTHER COUNTRY BUT OUR OWN!! WE ARE SLOWLY BECOMING SECOND CLASS CITIZENS TO EVERY OTHER COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!! OUR GOVERNMENT IS SO WORRIED ABOUT MAKING AND KEEPING ALLIES THAT IT IS LETTING ITS OWN PEOPLE SINK INTO PITS OF POVERTY. WHERE ARE WE ALL GOING TO BE IF OUR MAJOR COMPANIES LEAVE THE U.S?? DIVIDED....FILTHY RICH AND DIRT POOR !

You are one fuc#ing IDIOT!!!! :finger:

First let me say that its hard to read attitude in print. So where in that post did I say I agreed with jam116 ?? I'm curious that someone would champion the trashing of an industrial middleclass yet be sad to see the Big 3 go off shore. So many people would appear to be this way instead of rallying as Americans to oppose this and policies that hurt all Americans.

So fellow brother, I am ashamed that this is the full text of your informed,educated thought process.

People are so wrapped up in just trying to get through their daily grind, and jump the next hurdle the state government puts in their way that they tend to neglect what the national government is doing until all is said and done, and then the outrage begins...then we are scrambling to correct things. Or we falsely believe no one can touch us, and neglect what is supposed to be the most important aspects of our lives the security of our future and that of our childrens futures. Groups have been labeled as radicals because they support and fight for the most fundamental rights of our citizens. Perhaps some of them are radicals, fanatics, or perhaps their rants are justified at the heart of their arguement..if you can see past their tactics. Everyone needs to see the bigger picture for EVERY AMERICAN, NOT JUST THIER OWN SOCIAL/ECONOMIC CLASS. Without the average middle class american, there would be no wealthy elite....take away our ability to live in this economy and what do you think will happen????

• 2 weeks later...

Being retired from a financial services job....I don't have a dog in this fight, nor any experience with a Union.

My main concern is how can a auto manufacturing company with a Union compete with one without a Union. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figue a Union adds to your labor costs.

I read on here how Union guys complain about non union Honda and Toyota as the enemy, and I read where Honda and Toyota say they want to get their costs down so they can compete with the Koreans and Chinese. So the bar on labor costs is moving down. This latest bargaining agreement does not make them competitive with their low cost cmpetition. So Ford will just absorb the extra cost, take it from profit and car content, and further erode away.

I own some Ford shares, but I just wish Ford would go ahead and spend whatever it takes to bust the Union, even if it busts them doing it, because the way I see it, with a Union labor force they can't compete anyway. One way or another, the Union goes.

I'm not anti the Union guys, they have families to feed etc, just don't see how you compete against the rest of the world with a Union. It's not even personal, as I don't know any of you, just business. A mean tough cruel business.

Easy Pioneer, don't feed the trolls. I'd love to call the cock-sucker a dirty name, but he has 2 shares of Ford. that makes him have a vested interest.

Screw the cock sucking troll and his Ford shares! I say we find out where the ass hole lives and ask him to repeat his bull shit in person!!!! :finger:

post-18882-1193791437_thumb.jpg

Without the average middle class american, there would be no wealthy elite....take away our ability to live in this economy and what do you think will happen????

uh lets go back in history. It clearly shows that any country without a formidible middleclass has very, very wealthy, and powerful elite. When there is only poor and the elite, power is centralized into a small group. And this power is one that can control more and more of everything that effects daily living of those less fortunate. Its about greed and control.

Take away our ability to live(thrive) in this economy and we will be right next to each other at the Gleaners Food Bank.

Easy Pioneer, don't feed the trolls. I'd love to call the cock-sucker a dirty name, but he has 2 shares of Ford. that makes him have a vested interest.

I down played it a little, How about thousands of shares. And yes....I have a vested interest in seeing Ford be successful. Obviously I am betting they will be successful over time.

If you guys stay, Ford will just use you for less and less work, only where you are beneficial to them, and move more and more to Mexico or some place. They will make their decisions on economics also. They are an International world company sourcing parts, manufacturing, and employing people all over the world.

While I'm not anti you guys, I admit, I see no need for a Union in this country anymore. Just another layer of cost making it difficult to compete on world markets is how I see it.

BTW....I'm not a troll and put my money where my investments are. I usually buy at least one Ford vehicle every year. How many of you guys do that?

uh lets go back in history. It clearly shows that any country without a formidible middleclass has very, very wealthy, and powerful elite. When there is only poor and the elite, power is centralized into a small group. And this power is one that can control more and more of everything that effects daily living of those less fortunate. Its about greed and control.

Take away our ability to live(thrive) in this economy and we will be right next to each other at the Gleaners Food Bank.

Manufacturing is not the only middle class in the US guys. There are fewer autoworkers than ever before. I don't see the middle class evaporating as a result. There are 150,000 UAW members represented at Ford/Chrysler/GM? Even if all of you took a 50% pay cut it wouldn't affect much to be honest. While I feel a country cannot be a service industry alone, all the UAW workers could more to Colorado for oil shale jobs with Shell (they will need 10s of thousands) in the next 5 years. Don't expect to be union there though.

Every time I read something linking the UAW as the sole protector of the "middle class" I cringe.

Screw the cock sucking troll and his Ford shares! I say we find out where the ass hole lives and ask him to repeat his bull shit in person!!!! :finger:

Your Mother must be very proud of the person you have turned out to be!

Edited by jam116

Unfortunately they are still needed today as much as they were in yesteryear because of the poor management issues within most companies, you always have at least one power hungry dictator. Now on the flip side I can totally understand where some of you are coming from with the fact that the union has protected jobs for some of the sorriest, laziest, most ignorant people who don't deserve to breathe let alone make our wages. Ive agonized over the whys and what-fors quite alot, but that is their job and they dont like it any more than we do. But if they pick and choose who to represent they can and do get sued by these asses, which is why they have to carry certain insurance that covers them in such an instance, and they pay for that out of their own pocket.

Every company has the upper elite that get the big bucks and comp packs...Union or not....I think if the Unions saw a worthless employee that took advantage of the system and they took care of him themselves instead of protecting him they would go a long way towards establishing credibility with the company and the public in general....

Our great companies that could move out of the U.S. would do so to pay slave wages with no benefits or very little benefits, unsafe working conditions, 18+ hour days in sweat shops, no job security which means if a foreman doesn't like the way you look he can fire your ass, or for women if you dont like his advances your gone, god forbid if you get hurt on the job! If our great companies would lobby against our great countries free trade agreement half the battle is won..and if our great companies would stop trying to create the great divide amongst our great countries citizens with their own grand benefits packages and then blaming its workers for bleeding the company the other half of the battle is won! I dont know of any UAW worker who is considered a millionaire due to their wages and benefits, and I know of no UAW worker who takes in bonuses in the double or triple digits, or who can fly around in their own jet to Florida for the weekend or who lives in a mansion. I begrudge no one their earned fortunes but how can you blame unions for the demise of a company when their execs. are still living high on the hog and are unwilling to make cut backs on their own wages/benefits but demand that the "little people"do so. Thats like telling your kids they still have to do their chores but for no allowance because money is tight while you are still hitting the bars on the weekend and playing lotto at $50-100./wk. and buying a new wardrobe! Hello??? Get it??? Whilst there are money mongers and hidden agenda government officials out there, a Union will always be needed to some degree.

Well to answer your question ...I'm not hitting the bars. I don't drink...I have limited myself and budgeted myself to 60K a year. Now that I do not owe anything that is plenty of money if you do not go wild with purchases.....I've put money away if needed but that is just what I budgeted for me and the wife. I've paid for the Grandchildrens college funds...Put it into accounts so when they get old enough to go it will be covered..But that will be a way's down the road as the oldest is 6.....

Do I think any worker (except top Exec) are over paid...absolutely not!....But I think it is time for the companies and the employees to come together and end the Unions....Workers have more rights now than ever before....I do not see where you should pay someone money to protect you. If you do a good job you will be taken care of. Every company needs good employees. It's the sorry ones that need to be weeded out but the Unions protect them......Would your check not be larger if you did not have to pay Union Dues?

Like I have said over and over..Never have worked in a Union environment....never will.....I do not think the Union truly represents you it represents itself...

Wake up Union Team Members.......

LEAD: Faced with slumping auto sales, the Chrysler Corporation of Canada said it would lay off about 1,000 workers at its assembly plant in Bramalea, Ontario, for five weeks starting immediately. The plant makes the Eagle Premier and the Dodge Monaco. Earlier this month, Chrysler announced it would lay off 1,200 workers at its Jeep plant in Brampton, Ontario, and 2,100 workers at its van plant in Windsor, Ontario.

Faced with slumping auto sales, the Chrysler Corporation of Canada said it would lay off about 1,000 workers at its assembly plant in Bramalea, Ontario, for five weeks starting immediately. The plant makes the Eagle Premier and the Dodge Monaco. Earlier this month, Chrysler announced it would lay off 1,200 workers at its Jeep plant in Brampton, Ontario, and 2,100 workers at its van plant in Windsor, Ontario.