UAW

jam116

Been there and done that and never again will I work for a union.

All unions blame management no matter what all the time. They also look at the company as the enemy but turn around and say union pride. Unions are 2 face kiss ass and stab you in the back. Don't dare say anything bad about another union member seeing the guy screw something up on purpose. They will threaten you by we will take your union card from you (aka no job for you). If the company does something wrong the union we will file a complaint. But when the union worker does something wrong IT'S OK but get pissed if the company calls them on it. The union attitude IT'S NOT MY JOB

I've have seen a guys screw a trucks up on purpose because they got caught screwing off. The one that really pissed me off the truck caught on fire causing over 1 million dollars in damage truck,trailers and load. He got punished by 10 days suspension without pay. He file complaint got it reduced to 5 days but the kicker was he did it on purpose. I turned the SOB into company he almost killed the truck driver. But of course the union pulled my membership BUT I'm the bad guy for turning him in I don't want someone like that around me. BUT WHERE'S THE UNION PRIDE THERE. I'm glad I've been alot happier since then and never have looked back. Funny thing that company has closed down reopen under a new name SCREWING all the union guys and they didn't re hire them back

As far as I'm concerned :hysterical:the big 3 should sue the unions for unfair business practices. Unions had there time on place but it's time to move on. Unions gave me bitter taste I've seen first hand on the things they do and it's not pretty.

Your a f-cking moron, sue the union for what. You may have had one bad experience and that guy in your antidote should have been fired. But as far as a law suit against the union, we bargain in accordance with the rules set in law! If the unions should be sued for negotiating than maybe you should be sued when you negotiate to buy a car! What a ridiculous statement

Edited by Furious1Auto

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the union that is destroying the auto companies. It is Americans who make the conscious decision to send there money to Tokyo. Remember Pearle harbor? Remember the Arizona? With as stupid as American people are, if al-quida started building cars, we would buy them.

Again, OMG. This is 2007. Japan is not evil. There are enough reasons to hate Toyota without going back to WWII. Maybe you should find some of the people on here and you can all have a chat about the evils of free trade, the impending North American Union and Global Warming. I'm sure there are some other conspiracy theories that have been mentioned on here recently.

Again, OMG. This is 2007. Japan is not evil. There are enough reasons to hate Toyota without going back to WWII. Maybe you should find some of the people on here and you can all have a chat about the evils of free trade, the impending North American Union and Global Warming. I'm sure there are some other conspiracy theories that have been mentioned on here recently.

And I'm sure that if someone from Canada or Mexico doesn't have a problem with open borders and free trade than I guess that has nothing to do with the fact that they are the ones being promised the work! I'm sure it's just me and my conspiracy theory, forgive me I'll make an appointment wit my shrink! crylaugh.giffunnysig.gif

And I'm sure that if someone from Canada or Mexico doesn't have a problem with open borders and free trade than I guess that has nothing to do with the fact that they are the ones being promised the work! I'm sure it's just me and my conspiracy theory, forgive me I'll make an appointment wit my shrink! crylaugh.giffunnysig.gif

Really, well actually we may start to lose jobs to you because of Free Trade soon. Free Trade is good, but thats not what this is about. Back on topic.

Really, well actually we may start to lose jobs to you because of Free Trade soon. Free Trade is good, but thats not what this is about. Back on topic.

You took a jab at me and I responded. How do you separate trade policies from any reasonable debate as to the union's relevance?

Edited by Furious1Auto

You took a jab at me and I responded. How do you separate trade policies from any reasonable debate as to the union's relevance?

Actually it was a jab at any of the people that for one reason or another believe that the sky is falling. Most things are done for the betterment of society and in most cases they work. Its really a shame that we usually only remember the bad.

Actually it was a jab at any of the people that for one reason or another believe that the sky is falling. Most things are done for the betterment of society and in most cases they work. Its really a shame that we usually only remember the bad.

Optimism is nice but reality can only be changed if you know what it is! Maybe your govenment works differently and you prospective is justified for it! The U.S. politicians have been bought and are still for sale to special interest groups! That is until the people learn to use the internet to affect the outcome of elections, and legislation. Eventually with the use of the internet, our citizens will know what our politicians are up to and force them to do the right thing. A vote is worth more than money, in the past they used money to secure votes, now what will happen once these votes are decided by the masses on the net and no amount of campaign contributions will affect an election. It's coming and both parties know it, because of the increasing number of E-mails they receive threatening their reelections! Free trade is costing Americans their jobs and the people are beginning to understand how to use the net along with their votes to stop it! I can thank Imawhosure for my enlightenment!

Edited by Furious1Auto

If "Japan and China" is almost every other country I agree. We run no such trade deficits with much of Europe.

Yeh but what is the ratio of EU/Asian imports. We probably import 100 times more goods from Asian countries! With deficits in the hundreds of billions annually!

Edited by Furious1Auto

Your a f-cking moron, sue the union for what. You may have had one bad experience and that guy in your antidote should have been fired. But as far as a law suit against the union, we bargain in accordance with the rules set in law! If the unions should be sued for negotiating than maybe you should be sued when you negotiate to buy a car! What a ridiculous statement

Your response to this person and others shows us all your level of intelligence and morals!...

Must be a Union Officer......

I was a Postal worker for 15 years. I was a member of the APWU (American Postal Workers Union), a local officer, and shop steward. If it wasn't for the Union, Postal workers would be a lot worse off than they are today. I spent at least half of my duty day on shop steward time 3 days a week. Management tries to walk all over the contract constantly. They pull sh*t because they know the grievance procedure takes a long time, because they will not settle a grievance in house, at step one or step two. Eventually, the Union wins, and much back pay and compensation has to be payed out, which is a waste of money. Management fosters discord and hate among the craft employees. Thank God for the Union!

Your response to this person and others shows us all your level of intelligence and morals!...

Must be a Union Officer......

No I'm a grunt, and perform the work that pays the bills, Your assertion is spoken like a true anti union propagator for management! You have some nerve insulting someone's morals who is looking out for the people who sacrifice everyday, the hourlys!

Edited by Furious1Auto

No I'm a grunt, and perform the work that pays the bills, Your assertion is spoken like a true anti union propagator for management! You have some nerve insulting someone's morals who is looking out for the people who sacrifice everyday, the hourlys!

And you don't think anybody else ever sacrifices....

While it is true I do not know you, I based my response on the type of language you used towards others. I do not see then need on a open public forum for a person to utilize such an offensive term. That my friend speaks volumes about morals.

Have never belonged to a Union or worked where a Union was represented...So I can not be a Union Propagator as you say.

I was just very luck when I was younger and bought very heavy into a stock that paid me huge dividens and I was able to retire. My comments are from an outsider observing what is happening to our country and your industry. I for one think it would be a shame to see any of the big three go under.

While it is true I do not know you, I based my response on the type of language you used towards others. I do not see then need on a open public forum for a person to utilize such an offensive term. That my friend speaks volumes about morals.

Have never belonged to a Union or worked where a Union was represented...So I can not be a Union Propagator as you say.

I was just very luck when I was younger and bought very heavy into a stock that paid me huge dividens and I was able to retire. My comments are from an outsider observing what is happening to our country and your industry. I for one think it would be a shame to see any of the big three go under.

I don't know exactly what I posted that you saw but when GM went on strike allot of new users came on here trying to manipulate the stock prices by convincing us that we should concede. I guarantee you that what ever post you read was edited with hyphens and did violate the user policies. I also guarentee that the recipient of the lashing had it coming!

Edited by Furious1Auto

I don't know exactly what I posted that you saw but when GM went on strike allot of new users came on here trying to manipulate the stock prices by convincing us that we should concede. I guarantee you that what ever post you read was edited with hyphens and did violate the user policies. I also guarentee that the recipient of the lashing had it coming!

I've always been a Ford owner. I do not want to see our country loose the big three.

Know most will not agree but I think the Unions have served there usefulness here.

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldnt consider myself a huge union supporter, but I am smart enough to realize that without unions, NOBODY would have a job over ten bucks an hour. If you were fortunate enough to make out well in your life without a union job, great! If you look at history, what were the working conditions like in this country before unions? An awful lot like China today- To assume for two seconds that big business and the government really care about Youre well being and safety is absurd! Its about money, people. Plain and simple. When unions are gone, so is the middle class. History will repeat itself. :reading:

I wouldnt consider myself a huge union supporter, but I am smart enough to realize that without unions, NOBODY would have a job over ten bucks an hour. If you were fortunate enough to make out well in your life without a union job, great! If you look at history, what were the working conditions like in this country before unions? An awful lot like China today- To assume for two seconds that big business and the government really care about Youre well being and safety is absurd! Its about money, people. Plain and simple. When unions are gone, so is the middle class. History will repeat itself. :reading:

You are absolutely right! The Union isnt causing the demise of the auto industry in America! And people on the outside looking in have NO RIGHT commenting on ANYTHING related to our contracts,wages,benefits etc..! Until you walk in our shoes or have been associated with a Union then stop with the IGNORANT comments and assumptions and dont believe EVERYTHING the media tells you! We earn EVERY PENNY and EVERY BENEFIT that the UNION has fought for over the years!!!!! Good for anyone who invests wisely for their retirement but DO NOT begrudge us "lowly factory-rats" a decent retirement and living when we LITERALLY BREAK OUR BACKS for the AMERICAN MADE AUTO! If your so worried about the demise of The Big Three....BUY AMERICAN MADE! And advocate that everyday to everyone. Its time America stopped giving a hand out to other countries and started taking care of its own!!! As long as the government insists on screwing American businesses with their perception of free trade and the money mongers think they can take their billions to the grave with them and pay slave wages, our unions will NEVER out live their usefulness!

Edited by Kimber

If we made $4.00 a hour, I bet you the company would still be broke, and complaining about our wages. Lets be honest if it wasn't for us building the cars you wouldn't have any to sell...Blame the union, we don't design the cars we don't set up the jobs, we do what MGT tells us to do, but its our fault.....

There is no way any company could revert back to the old ways.

Now like I said earlier I think the unions had a place and time but feel it is out lived. Now that's my opinion Nothing more" It will have no effect on what happens to the unions. My fear is that we will see some of our great companies fold or move completely outside of the US because of some of the unions. I know some of the unions place unrealistic demands on business. "Don't read into that I'm saying your union does this".

Let me ask you a question. If a company decided not to negotiate with a union and the union called a walk out....What is to stop the company from hiring all new people that are not in a union...Look at the Air Traffic Controllers......

As far as companies not paying over ten bucks an hour. There is a Distribution Center in Greenville, SC starting unskilled labor out at 13.75 per hour...It's not union. I'm sure the cost of living is much cheaper in Greenville than where you are.

Like I said the unions had a place & time......

My fear is that we will see some of our great companies fold or move completely outside of the US because of some of the unions.

Why ?? Why do youfear the big 3 moving outside the U.S. ?? I dont quite understand ?? If they move all operations but still sell models here, what do you fear?? I'm just curious is all........