All this union stuff is folderall.. just build good cars, get paid well and it will work out... Whitey this, Whitey That,,, who cares.. You are getting the town car...another 60000 units a year... those of us who love rear wheel drive V8s will buy em.. if you assemble them right... and keep the orange peel out of the paint... and balance the tires... holy moly...figure out what you have paid in union dues thru the years... You vote for the people who put in these stupid laws about MPG and carbon and stuff... get rid of them... Clinton gets head in your white house and nobody cares... where are you???? I drive Crown Vickies and love em because they last a long time and are comfortable... My mother was born in Canada and I am over 50... so what... ... My 2000 Grand Marquis just turned 100000 miles this month... yea.. still gets 25 MPG... and a Kia gets 30... what is wrong? the kia should get about 40 to be cost effective at tons per mile.... build em good and the customers will come...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes Proudfoot is an A shift guy as a alt to Frank Doyle he was on the floor allot about 60% of the time

i was an alt myself and saw him work he always controlled the situation and did what was necessary to remedie the problem

he is no management Patsy

i suggest talk to him and ask him the hard questions ..he will not BS you

All this union stuff is folderall.. just build good cars, get paid well and it will work out... Whitey this, Whitey That,,, who cares.. You are getting the town car...another 60000 units a year... those of us who love rear wheel drive V8s will buy em.. if you assemble them right... and keep the orange peel out of the paint... and balance the tires... holy moly...figure out what you have paid in union dues thru the years... You vote for the people who put in these stupid laws about MPG and carbon and stuff... get rid of them... Clinton gets head in your white house and nobody cares... where are you???? I drive Crown Vickies and love em because they last a long time and are comfortable... My mother was born in Canada and I am over 50... so what... ... My 2000 Grand Marquis just turned 100000 miles this month... yea.. still gets 25 MPG... and a Kia gets 30... what is wrong? the kia should get about 40 to be cost effective at tons per mile.... build em good and the customers will come...

Well said, lets move on.

If Tucker wins we are all screwed, he was absolutely the worst committee man I have ever had, and the one I have now is a very close second, Tucker is a notorius liar, Proudfoot has one foot out the door with 27 years in, and will probably just negotiate more buyouts and better Pensions, not worrying about the most pressing issues, Job security.

Well said, lets move on.

I second that...the Guy you fella's put into Office is only going to be responsible for some Local issues do you really think he will have the power to negotiate any of the top concerns..Wages..pensions and time off.. the winner will get to fight for some more water coolers or ice machines..I don't agree with the iron Fist way Whitey was trying to get his boy in there and I am Glad you members get to vote and decide who gets to stand up on A-Channel and front page of the London Rag called the Free Press so don't sweat it Ford Council will be the ones calling the shots next Sept. Good Luck and I hope the plant is there for many years to come so everyone can enjoy the Retirrement Benifit everyone over the years has fought for..Go get them STAP show the Ford Glass House why that plant has always been the cash cow for them ...

After speaking with all the candidates I have made a decision!! Proudfoot seems to be the way to go...he's smart...he been on the line and seems to understand our needs. Also he is definately not a yes man. I think he will do what he truly believes is good for the membership not just the leadership!!

If Tucker wins we are all screwed, he was absolutely the worst committee man I have ever had, and the one I have now is a very close second, Tucker is a notorius liar, Proudfoot has one foot out the door with 27 years in, and will probably just negotiate more buyouts and better Pensions, not worrying about the most pressing issues, Job security.

We are voting for Plant Chair for the first time in many years.

Good time to think about what his job is. This is more than a popularity contest.

This person is Chair of the In-plant Committee. He presides at their meetings, leads in day to day problem solving with the committee, helps the Commiteepeople with problems they can't handle.

He also (with the President) leads our delegation at Ford Council, our national negotiation body.

He also gives the In-Plant perspective to our Local Executive board.

So which of the people running are ready to do this?

Some are just wannabees who did nothing in the union .

I don't think the in-plant would listen to Proudfoot or Tucker. Proudfoot was only an alternate who needed help all the time. Tucker was a notorious "gone at lunch" guy who skated away from trouble when he was a Committeeman.

Scott already has the respect and support of the Committee people. This comes from his hard work over several balance out seasons and his masterful handling of the changes in the bidding system.

Scott Smith is the in-plant's choice. With him in the Chairpersons job they will work together. We can't afford infighting in our leadership, especially now.

This is the candidate for our future.

Some of you only to seem talking about Proudfoot. Tucker and Scott Smith there is also another guy running Kurt Smith and from what I've seen in his pamphlet he seems to have alot of coarses and experience. I like the fact he dosen't agree with appointing people just because we're good buddies. Alot of positions should be elected not just because your a good hunting buddy. He has also worked in other union enviroments who knows he just needs posters.

You know alot of these guys should have made themselves known long ago other than just last week. I'm looking for a guy that will work hard for us and a guy or girl who won't keep the dead beats around that hold the rest of us back. 3 strikes and your out. Deal drugs show up drunk constantly late or assulting other members your gone! I don't care what problems you have keep them at home! Compasion sure but when an employee has a 2 inch folder for problems and suspensions see ya!

People have been assulted for no reason in the past on the line by someone whom the union says that has problems Hey why not keep them around to blow again. We need a fair but a hard ass that will take care of the good ones who show up everyday and take pride in they're work and get rid of deadbeats and that can also hold strong and yet work with the company.

I've seen Whitey at least walking around the plant more than any of these other guys that have jobs up front. But no offense against Whitey I think he's great but I want a change.

"I don't think the in-plant would listen to Proudfoot or Tucker. Proudfoot was only an alternate who needed help all the time. " (quote)

well you sure do have that wrong whenever i was on the floor with Barny he was the goto guy if you had a problem ..i never saw him once falter ..always in charge

as for in plant committee all the meetings i was in he ideas and opinions were well received and respected

again make your own choice but just ask the candidates the tough questions ...its your future..don't screw it up

Edited by ute

We are voting for Plant Chair for the first time in many years.

Good time to think about what his job is. This is more than a popularity contest.

This person is Chair of the In-plant Committee. He presides at their meetings, leads in day to day problem solving with the committee, helps the Commiteepeople with problems they can't handle.

He also (with the President) leads our delegation at Ford Council, our national negotiation body.

He also gives the In-Plant perspective to our Local Executive board.

So which of the people running are ready to do this?

Some are just wannabees who did nothing in the union .

I don't think the in-plant would listen to Proudfoot or Tucker. Proudfoot was only an alternate who needed help all the time. Tucker was a notorious "gone at lunch" guy who skated away from trouble when he was a Committeeman.

Scott already has the respect and support of the Committee people. This comes from his hard work over several balance out seasons and his masterful handling of the changes in the bidding system.

Scott Smith is the in-plant's choice. With him in the Chairpersons job they will work together. We can't afford infighting in our leadership, especially now.

This is the candidate for our future.

Scott's masterful handling of the bidding system during the shift reduction should be commended.

Thanks Scott of making the loss of over 900 jobs smooth and seemless. :finger:

Scott Smith didn't eliminate the "900 "jobs! The Company did!!!! Spouting off on topics you haven't a clue about is easy. Coming on this forum and spewing rumors does nothing to further any of the candidates positions. Deal in facts, talk to the people running and find out what they're about. This election is for the Plant Chair's job. A job that has the future of the membership in it's hands. For all the people that had faith in Whitey and how he led us in the past, support the candidate he endorsed- Scott Smith. This is the guy he spent the last 4 plus years training! Obviously he knows Scott can do the job or he would have endorsed someone else. It is not a case of him telling us who to vote for it is as simple as Whitey letting the members know who he has the most faith in.

With a new Plant Chair and the way this world is changing the status quo will also have to change. Many things will and must change in this plant as we fight for our survival. Voting in a Plant Chair that is capable of doing the job is of the upmost importance to us. Our future depends on it. In the past, the majority of this memership has supported Whitey as well as trusted his leadership. To me it is an easy decision to make. I spoke with all of the candidates, and I will be voting for the guy I feel will do the best job, Scott Smith

Scott Smith didn't eliminate the "900 "jobs! The Company did!!!! Spouting off on topics you haven't a clue about is easy. Coming on this forum and spewing rumors does nothing to further any of the candidates positions. Deal in facts, talk to the people running and find out what they're about. This election is for the Plant Chair's job. A job that has the future of the membership in it's hands. For all the people that had faith in Whitey and how he led us in the past, support the candidate he endorsed- Scott Smith. This is the guy he spent the last 4 plus years training! Obviously he knows Scott can do the job or he would have endorsed someone else. It is not a case of him telling us who to vote for it is as simple as Whitey letting the members know who he has the most faith in.

With a new Plant Chair and the way this world is changing the status quo will also have to change. Many things will and must change in this plant as we fight for our survival. Voting in a Plant Chair that is capable of doing the job is of the upmost importance to us. Our future depends on it. In the past, the majority of this memership has supported Whitey as well as trusted his leadership. To me it is an easy decision to make. I spoke with all of the candidates, and I will be voting for the guy I feel will do the best job, Scott Smith

AFTER SPEAKING WITH THE CANDIDATES...I WOULD AGREE WITH YOU BOB...I WILL BE VOTING FOR SCOTT SMITH ALSO.MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU SCOTT,YOU'LL NEED IT.

If you are referring to my post? Did I say scott eliminated 900 jobs? No. Did I say Scott and the union made the loss of over 900 jobs smooth and seemless? Yes I did. Did Whitey endorse Scott before all the candidates where known? Yes he did. Did the union call other candidates at home trying to intimidate them into not running? You'll have to ask the candidates that one yourself.

post editted for spelling

post-14782-1118332948_thumb.jpg

post-14782-1118333004_thumb.jpg

Edited by xstapr

I want to vote in a chairman that will bring our local back to something resembling a democracy, I also want a chairman who is touch the workers on the floor. Someone who doesn't believe in appointes positions. Someone who will let all my brothers and sisters have an opinion without fear of retribution, and most importantly someone who will respect the contract that was ratified by a majority vote. Not someone who was Whiteys secretary for the past several years and completely out of touch with what it is like to work on the floor.

Edited by Stap guy

I want to vote in a chairman that will bring our local back to something resembling a democracy, I also want a chairman who is touch the workers on the floor. Someone who doesn't believe in appointes positions. Someone who will let all my brothers and sisters have an opinion without fear of retribution, and most importantly someone who will respect the contract that was ratified by a majority vote. Not someone who was Whiteys secretary for the past several years and completley put of touch with what it is like to work on the floor.

i agree with what you are saying also.....we do need democracy back in our local....and we definately need someone at the helm that respects the contract we ratified....but i have to believe that even if SCOTT SMITH is just a puppet for WHITEY....it's still better than the others out there.FoMoCo already knows the future of STAP,we are that don't know what will happen yet........ i'm willing to give SCOTT the opportunity to take the lead in these trying times ahead.when the next contract comes up it might not matter if GOD was our chairperson.If we survive after 2008 negotiations and he didn't fulfill his obligations then he gets voted out.we will still have 3 years to get something done.I just hope that in 2008 bargaining we get huge severance packages written into the contract,in case it's the only security we can secure.

Some of you only to seem talking about Proudfoot. Tucker and Scott Smith there is also another guy running Kurt Smith and from what I've seen in his pamphlet he seems to have alot of coarses and experience. I like the fact he dosen't agree with appointing people just because we're good buddies. Alot of positions should be elected not just because your a good hunting buddy. He has also worked in other union enviroments who knows he just needs posters.

You know alot of these guys should have made themselves known long ago other than just last week. I'm looking for a guy that will work hard for us and a guy or girl who won't keep the dead beats around that hold the rest of us back. 3 strikes and your out. Deal drugs show up drunk constantly late or assulting other members your gone! I don't care what problems you have keep them at home! Compasion sure but when an employee has a 2 inch folder for problems and suspensions see ya!

People have been assulted for no reason in the past on the line by someone whom the union says that has problems Hey why not keep them around to blow again. We need a fair but a hard ass that will take care of the good ones who show up everyday and take pride in they're work and get rid of deadbeats and that can also hold strong and yet work with the company.

I've seen Whitey at least walking around the plant more than any of these other guys that have jobs up front. But no offense against Whitey I think he's great but I want a change.

Yeah your right! he was a chair of some other local, were's that place now. Can anybody say down the shitter! Thats where we will be with him. As for pamphlets, well I can wipe you know what with those. Scotty is the man for the job, just like Whitey was years ago. Whitey has never done us wrong,and he is not about to now. You can all say he is jumping ship or what ever bullshit you want to say. Any time someone decides to leave, they need to pick a sucessor. Someone who they can trust to make sure things are done right. He didn't pick Scott because he a friend or whatever. He picked him cause he knew he was the man.

Whitey didn't get the job done. Whitey failed to land us new product. STAP is hanging on by a thread. All Scott knows is the Whitey way. Time for a change. We need somebody who's going to play ball. Who that is ..... don't know.

:stirpot:

Scott's bio on his flyer seemed to indicate that he would make a good secretary.

Scott has squandered his time. He has had 7 years to join commitees and take union courses to familiarize himself with all aspects of the union. How much of Scott wanting the plant chairman job is about not letting down his mentor.

Scott's masterful handling of the bidding system during the shift reduction should be commended.

Thanks Scott of making the loss of over 900 jobs smooth and seemless. :finger:

XSTAPR?

does that mean you dont work at the plant?

I have just a couple of short statements

-I am probobly the most junior guy in all of Ford Canada.

-As far as I know nobody is kickin stones down the highway yet

-We are now building Town Cars and working a ton of overtime

-I will never forget what Whitey said when the company anounced that we were going to one shift

(THE COMPANY BARGINED IN BAD FAITH)

-three months from the time the last town car rolled off of the line at Wixom and the first one rolled off of our line

THREE MONTHS!!!

-I will vote for the kid this time because our leadership endorses him

my next vote he will have to earn

HAVE FAITH IN YOUR LEADERSHIP (you elected them)

THIS IS A UNION NOT A CLUB, SO STAND UP,DONT CRAWL AND IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

SHUT THE !@#$ UP AND LISTEN

Thank you Whitey for saving my job and if you ever need someone to stand beside you on a picket line let me know (Chrysler or not)

Edited by young buck 1520

Just for your info at STAP. Windsor sent out 200 letters offering preferential hiring for 75 spots at STAP for start date of Nov. first.

Good hopefully we be able to offer more jobs and get STAP back to a second shift! I heard on the news Hargrove is trying to get more money from the government to help out with retooling costs if Ford commits to new product.

XSTAPR?

does that mean you dont work at the plant?

I have just a couple of short statements

-I am probobly the most junior guy in all of Ford Canada.

-As far as I know nobody is kickin stones down the highway yet

-We are now building Town Cars and working a ton of overtime

-I will never forget what Whitey said when the company anounced that we were going to one shift

(THE COMPANY BARGINED IN BAD FAITH)

-three months from the time the last town car rolled off of the line at Wixom and the first one rolled off of our line

THREE MONTHS!!!

-I will vote for the kid this time because our leadership endorses him

my next vote he will have to earn

HAVE FAITH IN YOUR LEADERSHIP (you elected them)

THIS IS A UNION NOT A CLUB, SO STAND UP,DONT CRAWL AND IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

SHUT THE !@#$ UP AND LISTEN

Thank you Whitey for saving my job and if you ever need someone to stand beside you on a picket line let me know (Chrysler or not)

Good one brother!

well thats good to see ...i'm glad enough of you just didn't follow blindly

make your decission wisely ...think ...don't just be a lemming

can you post up the numbers for me ??....just wondered how many Barny got compared to the others

thanks