'08 Focus..when do they hit the lots?

damianinpa

My dealer was suppose to have on as of Monday 9/10, but, I called him and it wasn't even loaded on the trailer yet. Anyone have a real date of when they arrive. I have read the fall, but, that could be anytime from Sep - Nov. Also, when will it be updated on their website from a 'Future' vehicle to one you can really build??? Edmunds and KBB have prices listed. Yahoo had the '08 listed a few weeks ago, but, it got pulled. Not sure why. I'm ready to take a close look at one and possibly buy.

Damian

next week. - 2 weeks at most

They have been building them, and I believe they started shipping this week. However next week is the official kickoff of the new Focus with a media drive event, prices announced and a lot of other things .. I would expect the 08 Focus to be at you dealer in no more than 2 weeks .. the Wayne AP lot is chockfull of them (mostly sedans though - coupes will begin production in a couple of weeks).

Igor

Edited by igor

next week. - 2 weeks at most

They have been building them, and I believe they started shipping this week. However next week is the official kickoff of the new Focus with a media drive event, prices announced and a lot of other things .. I would expect the 08 Focus to be at you dealer in no more than 2 weeks .. the Wayne AP lot is chockfull of them (mostly sedans though - coupes will begin production in a couple of weeks).

Igor

I think they have learned their lessons from the 2000 Focus disasterous launch. They are going slooooowww....

If they replicate what they did for the Fusion, we'll have a good quality vehicle. Looks is another matter.... ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I just called my local dealer..the '08 Focus isn't even in their system, so, he thinks it will be several weeks before their 1st one hits their lot. Totally stinks.

I live in PA and thought they would get them sooner.

Ford's website isn't updated either.

If anyone has other information..let me know. I thought the launch was this week.

I just called my local dealer..the '08 Focus isn't even in their system, so, he thinks it will be several weeks before their 1st one hits their lot. Totally stinks.

I live in PA and thought they would get them sooner.

Ford's website isn't updated either.

If anyone has other information..let me know. I thought the launch was this week.

Just checked with my dealer. She believes they will receive two this week. However, no specs on what will be coming in.

I checked with my dealer yesterday and they have four invoice receipts. So they're expecting theirs as early as next week. They've got my name and number and are supposed to call me as soon as one arrives.

That's good news. Despite some people's dislike of the car, it will be good to have a fresh small car face on the lot. I can't help but wonder why they didn't go with the three bar grill in the photo chop I saw. Must be a reason.

I'm still betting on October since Ford should be able to clear much of the O7's with another two weeks of clearance sales. No new Focus at Metro Detroit Dealers and Wayne Assembly is only few miles away. I still stick with October 10th. Also, Dealers need some time to sort out the Sync system so they can deal with customer questions about it. You know that customers will be asking lots of question of them about this system.

And Ford is requiring a good amount of training for their sales reps. in regards to this Sync system. All ford sales personnel are required to take 2 full days worth of classes on the Sync system. They are then expected to take an exam on the system and are required to pass the test. They're also given a booklet on Sync with the details on all of its functions. And they have to learn all of this in the next couple of weeks so many sales personnel, especially some of the less tech-savvy are a bit intimidated by this. But in any event it's clear that Ford wants the sales personnel to have a good bit of knowledge about this system so that they're prepared for customer's questions upon launch.

per George Pipas, 2008 Focus started shipping on Oct 1

I saw a car hauler in front of Blackwell Ford in Plymouth, MI today, and it had one 2008 Focus aboard, but it didn't go to Blackwell, but to someone else. As of today, no Ford dealers around me have even one. Demmer Ford right across street from Wayne Assembly still doesn't have one. Not sure where they are going to. Probably fleet first.

And Ford is requiring a good amount of training for their sales reps. in regards to this Sync system. All ford sales personnel are required to take 2 full days worth of classes on the Sync system. They are then expected to take an exam on the system and are required to pass the test. They're also given a booklet on Sync with the details on all of its functions. And they have to learn all of this in the next couple of weeks so many sales personnel, especially some of the less tech-savvy are a bit intimidated by this. But in any event it's clear that Ford wants the sales personnel to have a good bit of knowledge about this system so that they're prepared for customer's questions upon launch.

That is good news. I'm sure sync will bring in some conquest sales and I'm sure the sale can be finalized if sales personnel can explain sync well and answer all questions as I'm sure there will be many. Since the new Edge is already at dealers with sync standard on Limited model, the questions are already starting and will get more intense when the Focus arrives. Hopefully sync can result in a few extra sales. Ford needs every sale in can get as each month passes by. In my view, only silver lining in Sept. sales is Ford has further ammunition in asking for more concessions than what GM received. Every time the UAW protests, just bring up these dismal fleet and retail numbers. No doubt about it, Ford needs SPECIAL help in every sense of the word. These negotiations are so crucial to Ford and to the UAW if Ford is to survive. Ford needs to buy time until new product comes to the rescue, and that is still years away. The best Ford can do right now with products coming out next year is hope for sales stability. Right now, there is no stability. I needed a stiff drink after hearing Ford's Sept, sales.

I saw a car hauler in front of Blackwell Ford in Plymouth, MI today, and it had one 2008 Focus aboard, but it didn't go to Blackwell, but to someone else. As of today, no Ford dealers around me have even one. Demmer Ford right across street from Wayne Assembly still doesn't have one. Not sure where they are going to. Probably fleet first.

Our dealer has one, SES 4 door. Had a dealer plate on it (must have forgotten to take it off for the night)

Just talked to a guy on the launch team. Sedans began shipping late last week, coupes start shipping next week. Shouldn't be long until there is one at a dealer near you!

There are two coupes for certain at my local dealer. One black and one red, Its a sharp little car.