It's a Frog; It's an Alien; It's ... the new Ka

igor

FoE design rulezzzzzzz da hizzzzzzzzzzzzowwwwwwwse.

GEEEEEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWCH.

I am glad THAT thing is not coming here.

No, Ford isn't bringing back the Model T.

But they are bringing back wing mounted headlights.

Yech.

What???!!!

I - like - the vinyl roof!

And, WOW, pop-up headlights, just like the Lambo Miura!

:hysterical:

Thats the new Thunderbird! You can tell by the round porthole quarter window...

Lets get real here... The frog eyes are make do cobbled up parts to serve a purpose until the real ones are put in place. Look closely you can see almost exactly the same design cues that the Verve concept has. You can see the actual headlamp cutout lines around the frog eyes, the trapazoidal eggcrate grille, a round foglamp, the sculpted upper body side lines. The bodysides are so padded you canot make out any of the side window and lower body details. You can see the new Mondeo styled circular front fender flare. From the rear you can make out the inverted V quarter window and the large actual taillamp shape that is going to wrap well into the quarter panel. It is going to be virtually a scaled down version of the Verve. There is so much covered here no one can make an accurate assessment based on what you cannot see. And some people are stupid enough to take the camo at face value.

Look at the back end of the camoed prototype... Someone out of fun drew a cartoon of a frog on the tailgate and called it Kermit...

Anyway some people need to get over the jealously that FoE has been progressive and productive with renewing every product they have with new design language and a clear direction unifiying the FoE Ford lineup with a cohesive family look, whether some people like it or not. It is something that FoNA has not been able to do for itself with it's incohesive different comittee per model designs that all look like mistakes that are too late to correct which have been band-aided until they can do something better a few years from now. I can see where people who defend everything FoNA does can be resentful and callus towards anything that FoA might do or influence.

However, It is Ford.com that is featuring news on the front page about the restyled Euro Focus... This Ford.com main page is oriented specifcally towards American models splashed on the main page, yet they manage to make sure everyone in America knows about the new Euro Focus by includuing it as news on the main page. Otherwise you indeed have to find and follow links to go to the global Ford sites outside of North America if you want to see them.

One thing I like about the FoE designs is that they have found some consistant design language that ties all the different models together. Not just a Gillette razor grille...

The Verve rocks... And so does the Iosis concept. I like what FoE is doing. Now I am interested in seeing what FoNA can do with the models coming around in the next few years. The MKR points in a direction that melds traditional Lincoln styling with a few ideas and shapes borrowed from Mazda, Ford of Europe and even Volvo.

Edited by Watchdevil

I agree, this car most likely has similar styling to the Verve/Fiesta. I noticed the beltline on the camoed car, which the camo doesn't hide. It has a very pronounced wedge shape, just like the Verve. I'll agree with Watchdevil's assessment of the other areas. There's certainly no debate about the beltline and greenhouse styling being consistent with the Verve.

I doubt the Americans are going to buy A-class vehicles, they're too small. Besides, do you even want to know what will happen to one of these vehicle after having a face-to-face chat with Mr.Superduty?

I can see it now....

BUMP!! THUD!! driver of superduty says, "What was that?!? When did they put a speed bump on this road?!?"