Crystal Ball

PITYNOMORE

Buydowns and more Buyouts. Remember you read it here first. This is the only way for all Ford workers to have some sort of security whether inside the blue oval or outsise the blue oval to greener$$$$ pastures. Roll those 28 dollar per/hr down to 19, and you guys will probably get 100 g's. :reading: Cut ThAT CHECK will be back.

Buydowns and more Buyouts. Remember you read it here first. This is the only way for all Ford workers to have some sort of security whether inside the blue oval or outsise the blue oval to greener$$$$ pastures. Roll those 28 dollar per/hr down to 19, and you guys will probably get 100 g's. :reading: Cut ThAT CHECK will be back.

Didn't you see what GM is doing in their new contract? All premium jobs will be entry level, paid at 50% of regular pay. New hires will be pushing brooms, and driving lift trucks, and driving new vehicles, and working in general stores, etc.; while the senior workers will be on the line until they rot. There will be no 100gs.

In my opinion, it is a big mistake. No longer will there be thousands of applicants from which the company can pick the very best. How many high school graduates are going to be applying for a cleaning job at $14 an hour with the future prospect of finally ending up on an assembly line for life? The company will be scraping the bottom of the barrel, and they will reap it in the future with an inferior workforce. Turnover will be high and it will impact quality. In the end, it will cost them more.

Edited by Trimdingman

In my opinion, it is a big mistake. No longer will there be thousands of applicants from which the company can pick the very best. How many high school graduates are going to be applying for a cleaning job at $14 an hour with the future prospect of finally ending up on an assembly line for life?

there are plenty that would take that.. i would've taken that over the 8$ i got out of high school.

Didn't you see what GM is doing in their new contract? All premium jobs will be entry level, paid at 50% of regular pay. New hires will be pushing brooms, and driving lift trucks, and driving new vehicles, and working in general stores, etc.; while the senior workers will be on the line until they rot. There will be no 100gs.

In my opinion, it is a big mistake. No longer will there be thousands of applicants from which the company can pick the very best. How many high school graduates are going to be applying for a cleaning job at $14 an hour with the future prospect of finally ending up on an assembly line for life? The company will be scraping the bottom of the barrel, and they will reap it in the future with an inferior workforce. Turnover will be high and it will impact quality. In the end, it will cost them more.

Trim, in this day and age what prospect besides the chance at $14 an hour to start does a high school graduate have?

Also, you can't have careers where the ultimate goal is to end up as a janitor.

You can't expect a company to pay $28 an hour for a janitor.

Trim, in this day and age what prospect besides the chance at $14 an hour to start does a high school graduate have?

Also, you can't have careers where the ultimate goal is to end up as a janitor.

You can't expect a company to pay $28 an hour for a janitor.

Janitors are "semi-retired". After that comes full retirement and then a hole in the ground. Nobody wants the "ultimate goal". You need to have good people on the line. You are not going to get a lot of good people at $14.00 an hour who may never see the line for years. Odds are, they will find something else and quit. When I started, quality was crap because of the high turnover rate. It is cheaper to build a car on the line at normal wages than to build it by repairmen on overtime on the floor. How much is it going to cost the company in repairs and medical bills if they have a bunch of 65 and 70 year olds working on the line? If you drop dead on the job, life insurance is doubled. It is nice to have something to look forward to after many years working on the line. Take that away and you kill peoples' spirit. I have seen the plant run on Sundays paying two people double time each to cover one job. There is something else going on.

Janitors are "semi-retired". After that comes full retirement and then a hole in the ground. Nobody wants the "ultimate goal". You need to have good people on the line. You are not going to get a lot of good people at $14.00 an hour who may never see the line for years. Odds are, they will find something else and quit. When I started, quality was crap because of the high turnover rate. It is cheaper to build a car on the line at normal wages than to build it by repairmen on overtime on the floor. How much is it going to cost the company in repairs and medical bills if they have a bunch of 65 and 70 year olds working on the line? If you drop dead on the job, life insurance is doubled. It is nice to have something to look forward to after many years working on the line. Take that away and you kill peoples' spirit. I have seen the plant run on Sundays paying two people double time each to cover one job. There is something else going on.

Trim, I thought it was "non-core" people that were going to be coming on at $14 an hour, like cleaners. Line labor will still get the same wages as today. You need to get inside the head of a HS grad looking for a job before you scoff at the chance for $14 an hour. There are not many jobs that will pay a HS grad that much.

Seniority is in play here. Since those are the ones that will always have a job no matter what the circumstances. That's why the UAW in it's current form is still existing right now.

But when the time comes in the next 5-10 years. It's going to be totally different of how the auto industry is run and you can bet your last dollar that Michigan ain't gonna be a blip on the national ecomony's radar at that time. And you can thank you union supported Democrat friends in Lansing, the liars like Granholm and the state reps. for shoving tax increases across all lines down our throats!

Trim, I thought it was "non-core" people that were going to be coming on at $14 an hour, like cleaners. Line labor will still get the same wages as today. You need to get inside the head of a HS grad looking for a job before you scoff at the chance for $14 an hour. There are not many jobs that will pay a HS grad that much.

Ok, so you are going to have young people in their prime sweeping floors, and old folks working on the line. Working on ther line is not some glamour job. It is hard. It takes its toll on the body. Young people are up to it. That is why older workers eventually end up on the cleaning and driving jobs. Why waste all of that youthful energy and wreck all of the older workers? Many people will work for $14 an hour. At $28 an hour, you get the cream of the workers. You get would-be engineers and scientists. They will come up with ideas that will save the company countless millions. Dumb workers will come up with dumb ideas which will cost the company.

Ok, so you are going to have young people in their prime sweeping floors, and old folks working on the line. Working on ther line is not some glamour job. It is hard. It takes its toll on the body. Young people are up to it. That is why older workers eventually end up on the cleaning and driving jobs. Why waste all of that youthful energy and wreck all of the older workers? Many people will work for $14 an hour. At $28 an hour, you get the cream of the workers. You get would-be engineers and scientists. They will come up with ideas that will save the company countless millions. Dumb workers will come up with dumb ideas which will cost the company.

What I can't understand is why is someone with 35 or 40 years (or even more!) seniority still doing in these places?

Don't these people have a life outside of a factory setting or have they become creatures of habit?

What I can't understand is why is someone with 35 or 40 years (or even more!) seniority still doing in these places?

Don't these people have a life outside of a factory setting or have they become creatures of habit?

Maybe the ex took them to the cleaners. Support payments will not be reduced if you voluntarily reduce your income, e.g. by retiring. Maybe they have kids in university. Most retire, but there are some who can't. Anyway, the way things are going, it is risky to retire to-day. Your pension and benefits are not secure anymore. They should just pay everybody each paycheck instead of having a pension, and let them look after their own money.

It is a cruel world, and it gets more so as you age. The company and union want to work you to death. Your fellow workers want to get rid of you. The government wants you to work until you drop. The legal system wants to make you a slave to your hated ex. What is the point of living for many people? If you try, then you are ridiculed.

Where will you be in 30 years? I bet that you will be wearing some sort of monitoring device and have your take home wages set at a minimum amount and be forced to work all of the overtime offered. Slavery is coming back. Some people already have to live like that through no fault of their own.

Edited by Trimdingman

The last time I checked the seniority board, there was a guy with 50 years in at KTP. I wish the best for him and hope no one gets put in a position where they HAVE to work that long. I hope after 30 years, I can go on a fishing trip and never come back to work.

L.A.P has a man with 53 yrs who does a fine job here.

hope he has many more productive years in him.

it should not be about age but about the assets the company has.

I put more value on my fellow workers then strictly numbers,we are all assets.

I have seen enough degrading of my union brothers and sisters my management.

the people with the expeirence to make a difference being put aside,being not listened too when they are trully trying to help.

what ticks me off if we get this same contract format ,is the same people who would not listen in ways to improve,are the ones who will pick this non-core bull.

I guess it proves their own superority to themselve atleast. :redcard::redcard:

Pity got the tap on the shoulder last year, he was a salary employee that's why he hates us.

That tap came from a uaw transplanted worker into my facility. I worked hard to get what I had and I had some MOfo who couldnt do my job take my job. Furthermore I had to train the transplant. In doing so I lost my will to work for Ford. Took the 100g and SAID THANKS FOR THE 100 G. PARTSISPARTS CSMJ IS MAD CUZ I KNOW MORE THAN HIM.

That tap came from a uaw transplanted worker into my facility. I worked hard to get what I had and I had some MOfo who couldnt do my job take my job. Furthermore I had to train the transplant. In doing so I lost my will to work for Ford. Took the 100g and SAID THANKS FOR THE 100 G. PARTSISPARTS CSMJ IS MAD CUZ I KNOW MORE THAN HIM.

you are probably right, bro!

Hey PITY... Check back in often... I remember ya!

Took my "CUT THAT CHECK" and enjoyed the last year retired and doing what the fuck I wanna do for a change!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

Hey PITY... Check back in often... I remember ya!

Took my "CUT THAT CHECK" and enjoyed the last year retired and doing what the fuck I wanna do for a change!

What up Bored? I hope you got that PRIDX when it was 43 dollars a share. It is now 56 bucks. I am spending my Cut That Check Money.

What up Bored? I hope you got that PRIDX when it was 43 dollars a share. It is now 56 bucks. I am spending my Cut That Check Money.

I had other things to do with my $$$. I'm just trying to save whatever I have left of it and get ready to get out of this armpit asshole state that Granhore mole and the rest of the sleazeball parasite money grabbers have ruined.

By the way... Watch out for that :censored: in a Mustang... She's back! :hysterical: See ya' tommorrow!

Edited by Bored of Pisteon

:banmolest:

I had other things to do with my $$$. I'm just trying to save whatever I have left of it and get ready to get out of this armpit asshole state that Granhore mole and the rest of the sleazeball parasite money grabbers have ruined.

By the way... Watch out for that :censored: in a Mustang... She's back! :hysterical: See ya' tommorrow!

Where's Dora? :lastyear: :headspin:

Edited by PITYNOMORE

Talking about the repairmen; will repair be considered a non core job ?

The old timers won't be there much longer. Making the gravy jobs "non core" is part of the plan. If they won't work for cheap, they will be put on the line where they won't be able to keep up. Then they will be disqualified. One way or another Ford will get rid of them. That buyout is gonna look pretty good to them this time around!

I wonder what the company's plan is to combat all of the restrictions and medical leaves the old timers will be taking that are forced back into 'core' positions.

I know I'll get flamed for this, but it seems GM could have trimmed a little more from skilled trades. Walking out the other day I overheard 3 millrights bragging at the top of their lungs about the 3 two hour lunch breaks they had taken every day all week. My friend in the trades is on mandatory 7 12's where he reads a book 90% of the time because there is nothing to do. He just wants to be on 40 hrs so he can see his family. I know the trades work hard but sheesh, keep your voice down about 6 hours worth of lunch a day.