Attn: UAW NO PAY CUT

marty95

:stats: The message must be loud and clear to those negotioators working on the Ford/UAW contract. NO PAY CUT. period Don't even bring it to a vote. If you agree let them know. Tell your rep's, petition your plant. Don't even let them bring it to a vote because if we turn it down then WE the rank and file, the man or woman on the floor become the bad guy's.................NO WAGE CUT!!!!!!!!

:stats: The message must be loud and clear to those negotioators working on the Ford/UAW contract. NO PAY CUT. period Don't even bring it to a vote. If you agree let them know. Tell your rep's, petition your plant. Don't even let them bring it to a vote because if we turn it down then WE the rank and file, the man or woman on the floor become the bad guy's.................NO WAGE CUT!!!!!!!!

That's the problem GM doesn't want to cut wages, they would prefer to put your retiree health care at risk through VEBA. Force you to compete for line worker jobs through a two tier wage system. And divert future COLA adjustments to fund the VEBA, while expecting you to accept a piddly $3,000 (which amounts to $1,740 after tax) pay off! And reportedly Ford wants to do worse, they can keep their signing bonus and leave their current obligations intact! If our labor only accounts for 8.6% of the MSRP why are we the only ones under attack? Why aren't the management being asked to share the burden, while it is their bad decisions that have gotten us to this point in the first place! They would have done better by proposing to freeze pensions and in lieu, pay in to a 401K for us at 50 cents on the dollar up to 25% of our pay. At least that way I know in four years they won't be crying about our pension fund, and in twenty I know I will still have a retirement because it is out of their control. Not that I think a 401K is better than a company paid pension if they follow through, but just that because they are reneging our retiree's medical shows that they will try to do the same with our pensions if they get pressed hard enough!

Edited by Furious1Auto

You are exactly right Furious1Auto. Shitty management not doing their job it what got us were we are today I know that our Local Union has bent over and took it too many times. It is time for us to stand up and make management accountable for their mistakes. The good Ole boy club needs to be shut down. I would be happy to do anything Management asks of me as long as it makes sense. The Local Unions need to start holding these overpaid non skilled Supervisors, General Foreman's and Managers accountable. The Ratio of Hourly to Management is ridiculous most of them cant run the jobs they supervise and the Engineers are already in damage control mode keeping information from the Hourly employees to try and save their job. Little do they now Ford is planning to have the Vendors take over their jobs and most all of them will be unemployed. Engineers are the next target after reducing the Skilled Trades.

Edited by beatdown

You are exactly right Furious1Auto. Shitty management not doing their job it what got us were we are today I know that our Local Union has bent over and took it too many times. It is time for us to stand up and make management accountable for their mistakes. The good Ole boy club needs to be shut down. I would be happy to do anything Management asks of me as long as it makes sense. The Local Unions need to start holding these overpaid non skilled Supervisors, General Foreman's and Managers accountable. The Ratio of Hourly to Management is ridiculous most of them cant run the jobs they supervise and the Engineers are already in damage control mode keeping information from the Hourly employees to try and save their job. Little do they now Ford is planning to have the Vendors take over their jobs and most all of them will be unemployed. Engineers are the next target after reducing the Skilled Trades.

I concur with what he said.

Yes, I agree everyone has to work together to get Ford back on its feet, but salary is way overstaffed. (at least at plant levels for sure)

The savings from a salary cut will not be anywhere near as extensive as that from an hourly cut, but you gotta start cleaning your own house before you insist someone else help you.

Now retired salary has already gotten a kick in the pants from Ford, but I insist they are as helpless as the hourly retirees. Most of us probably didn't really like them, but they were also promised their benefits on past earnings. It is also not their fault.

Just as hourly is protected by seniority when times get tough, salary chose to be salary and NOT BE protected. It was their choice, and you can't reap the rewards in one hand, and then complain when because you chose to get those rewards, you now might face a problem in the other.

That's the problem GM doesn't want to cut wages, they would prefer to put your retiree health care at risk through VEBA. Force you to compete for line worker jobs through a two tier wage system. And divert future COLA adjustments to fund the VEBA, while expecting you to accept a piddly $3,000 (which amounts to $1,740 after tax) pay off! And reportedly Ford wants to do worse, they can keep their signing bonus and leave their current obligations intact! If our labor only accounts for 8.6% of the MSRP why are we the only ones under attack? Why aren't the management being asked to share the burden, while it is their bad decisions that have gotten us to this point in the first place! They would have done better by proposing to freeze pensions and in lieu, pay in to a 401K for us at 50 cents on the dollar up to 25% of our pay. At least that way I know in four years they won't be crying about our pension fund, and in twenty I know I will still have a retirement because it is out of their control. Not that I think a 401K is better than a company paid pension if they follow through, but just that because they are reneging our retiree's medical shows that they will try to do the same with our pensions if they get pressed hard enough!

Freeze pensions you better watch out the retirees are gonna be up your ass for that one. As far as a 401K I'll take it right now. But in the future the union cannot get our union dues off of a 401k pension so it wont happen. Ford sais 2 years ago it was going to cut it's cost by 50% on materials that Visteon used to supply. GM said it's savings from the Delphi bankruptcy would be $2 billion a year, so

NO FING PAY CUTS ARE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I would favor a $2 cut to give to the VEBA for 4 years though!!!

Freeze pensions you better watch out the retirees are gonna be up your ass for that one. As far as a 401K I'll take it right now. But in the future the union cannot get our union dues off of a 401k pension so it wont happen. Ford sais 2 years ago it was going to cut it's cost by 50% on materials that Visteon used to supply. GM said it's savings from the Delphi bankruptcy would be $2 billion a year, so

NO FING PAY CUTS ARE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Although I would favor a $2 cut to give to the VEBA for 4 years though!!!

What I mean by freezing pensions, is that you could only be entitled to what you are currently vested for! 1,2or, three thirds. Not that they would freeze payments already due, I will never agree to a VEBA or a to tier voluntarily!

Edited by Furious1Auto