World's Biggest R&D Spenders

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, he said he wanted it to run like a Japanese company. I can't find the article, but we both know he said it.

I remember that he wanted to implement some things from Toyota, but he didn't want it to be like a Japanese company. That idea works against you as much as it does him any way. It could never be like a Japanese company anyway, because the US isn't Japan.

I remember that he wanted to implement some things from Toyota, but he didn't want it to be like a Japanese company.

He said it. I don't care if it takes me all night, I'm gonna find it. IIRC, it was during the official Focus launch at Wayne.

That idea works against you as much as it does him any way. It could never be like a Japanese company anyway, because the US isn't Japan.

Thus, I called him a hypocrite.

My point is that if they hadn't lost sight or concern for what their customers wanted, than they would not have waited until they where almost out of business to do something about it! Now they want us to pay for their mistakes!

$6-7B has been a pretty consistent figure for Ford. It's not like they're all of a sudden throwing buckets of money at a problem.

$6-7B has been a pretty consistent figure for Ford. It's not like they're all of a sudden throwing buckets of money at a problem.

no ..but perhaps they placed too much importance and listened to too many illsighted consumer focus groups...I for one would LOVE to know how they decide how those couch potatoes get to participate in those "armchair expert" meetings...........what am I saying, aren't we kinda the same here at BON?........

Maybe never because American CEOs don't live in Japan and Asian CEOs don't live in America.

Why do pro basketball players in America make so much more than their pro counterparts in Italy? Different markets.

Try selling that one to the public, People are shocked when I tell them what the wage gap is! :hysterical: You suggesting that I should work for the wages of people in Mexico, or China is no different then me saying that because CEO's in other countries make less so should ours! Get a grip their overpaid. If you want to split hairs why does GM reflect more stability and higher sales volume but Mulally get paid more than Wagoner?

Edited by Furious1Auto

Try selling that one to the public, People are shocked when I tell them what the wage gap is! :hysterical: You suggesting that I should work for the wages of people in Mexico, or China is no different then me saying that because CEO's in other countries make less so should ours! Get a grip their overpaid. If you want to split hairs why does GM reflect more stability and higher sales volume but Mulally get paid more than Wagoner?

For the record - I don't agree with exorbitant executive pay either, just like I think certain sports stars make way too much. But that's market based compensation. If you want a certain person for a certain job then you have to pay them more than the competition.

And stop acting like an idiot talking about the wages of foreign countries. Nobody here has ever said anything about matching wages with Mexico or China or South America. We're talking about matching wages with other U.S. factories both automotive and non-automotive. Stop changing the subject.

Whether the CEO or other executives are overpaid really has no bearing on what your jobs are worth. Labor is a commodity.

For the record - I don't agree with exorbitant executive pay either, just like I think certain sports stars make way too much. But that's market based compensation. If you want a certain person for a certain job then you have to pay them more than the competition.

And stop acting like an idiot talking about the wages of foreign countries. Nobody here has ever said anything about matching wages with Mexico or China or South America. We're talking about matching wages with other U.S. factories both automotive and non-automotive. Stop changing the subject.

Whether the CEO or other executives are overpaid really has no bearing on what your jobs are worth. Labor is a commodity.

That's for now until the cuts have been made and the foreign rivals have also imposed concessions and so on, we all know what globalization is. We all also know the next step in the race to the bottom, the end result is that they want us to work for the lowest possible amount and still build to spec. If we don't they will move to a cheaper labor market, whether or not you wish to recognize it or not you know this to be true!