UAw Sets Strike Deadline At Chrysler Talks

BlackHorse

I want the company to survive, at really almost any cost. Ford pulling through is most important. They can't do it without people like Mulally and Fields. The can do it with a few less UAW employees that may make a bit less money than they did. I'm sorry to say such a thing but it is the truth.

And like I said. I'll take it down. Family first.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And like I said. I'll take it down. Family first.

And like I said, I hope you don't have to take too much of a cut, but if you do, and it helps Ford survive, then I'm afraid I'm ok with that. If the company does not survive, no one has a job, and I don't see what part of that you can't understand.

Same here Jack.

I think we should just agree to disagree. I like you, we don't often agree on issues, but you seem like a straightforward person, and your heart is in the right place, we just happen to be guided by different agendas. I truly do hope everything turns out ok for both you and Ford.

Edited by suv_guy_19

What part are you missing? Total compensation for Toyota CEO = $990,000. If Alan needs a $30 Million dollar bribe to take over the company, then send him walking. Ain't nobody worth that much. He can go take a flying (get it) leap off a bridge and die a terrible death for all I care.

Well, I take that back. I do care. If he must take the flying leap, at least take Mr. United Airlines (Fields) with him. He's an overpaid worthless f*ck too.

You can bring your snappy comebacks about Alan's compensation until your blue in the face. He's overpaid. End of story.

I'll strike and bankrupt this whole f*ucking company before I take a pay and benefit cut while he rolls around in his millions on the companies private jet.

Just what Ford needs....lowest common denominators running the company. We see how well that worked when Ford didn't feel like paying a CEO huge sums of money and Bill Ford Jr. ran things. High-paying CEO's are just the way things are done in the US. If you want somebody good, you're going to pay for him/her.

But it's good to have the lowest common denominator making the products for the company? :rolleyes:

It's really a balancing act. Ford (and GM and Chrysler) want to level the playing field. As far as I can tell, they aren't attempting to pay the UAW LESS money than automakers at transplant companies are making...just closer to the same. So it's not really a LOWEST common denominator....more like an average denominator. When it comes down to it, Mulally's compensation is far from the top tier amongst CEO's in America...maybe above average, but hardly the highest.

But Alan wants Ford ran like a Japanese company, remember? :stirpot:

And Alan wouldn't be there to turn it into a Japanese-style company if they didn't pay him well enough to do it. The US is not Japan. Japan is not the US. There are certain differences that cannot and will not be overcome.

That you can only push so far until people start pushing back.

But the problem is that the vast majority of the UAW doesn't have anything else to fall upon in job skills if they do lose their job.

I think most of them would rather have some sort of job vs no job at all...not the mention the UAW wouldn't have any dues coming in either.

For the most part the every day autoworker has no "real" recourse in forcing a company into doing something, since Chrysler could coseviabltly say fuck you to all its workers and go overseas if it wanted too...Chrysler should be an interesting limitums test as to how much "harm" a strike could do, since the GM strike seems to be just a farce.

I would like to see Mulally and UAw do sit down at the table with all the facts & figures on the state of Ford Mo Co in front of them, and then negotiate a sensible realistic deal for both sides without out need to take industrial action based on the information in front of them. Both sides should never let the talks break down & keep them going for as long as it takes to come to a sensible outcome for both sides, long term job security & the long term future of Ford should be paramount above all else.

If it does come to industrial action Ford are going be the big loser here. If Alan Mulally is being to unreasonable or the union want to much its going to hurt Ford, Ford will have to pay for it somewhere down the line in future if it costs to much.

CEO’s pay everywhere is obscene, do they really need that much money to live on, if a companies profits go down the workforce will pay for it with their jobs normally with a plant closure, most of the time the CEO keeps his job, or the a new one will come in a pick up the same salary, they never take a hit like a big cut in pay if a company makes a loss.

Wouldn’t it be refreshing for both sides to say to the press we are both here to negotiate a fair deal for Ford Mo Co and its Workforce based on the long term future of us both. Both the Management and its Workforce are not interested causing any industrial action; we are both here to negotiate and not bite the hands that feeds us. I can see the first meeting now, Mulally will have the violins playing in the background.

Edited by Ford Jellymoulds

But the problem is that the vast majority of the UAW doesn't have anything else to fall upon in job skills if they do lose their job.

I think most of them would rather have some sort of job vs no job at all...not the mention the UAW wouldn't have any dues coming in either.

For the most part the every day autoworker has no "real" recourse in forcing a company into doing something, since Chrysler could coseviabltly say fuck you to all its workers and go overseas if it wanted too...Chrysler should be an interesting limitums test as to how much "harm" a strike could do, since the GM strike seems to be just a farce.

But the skills they have in their workplace are a skill that they (the co.) need. (I know what your reply is going to be, And I am waiting and counting on it) :shades:

But the skills they have in their workplace are a skill that they (the co.) need. (I know what your reply is going to be, And I am waiting and counting on it) :shades:

what that they can fill it with scab or replacement workers? :P

I'm sure that there will be um problems in doing so, but it is doable...

what that they can fill it with scab or replacement workers? :stirpot:

I'm sure that there will be um problems in doing so, but it is doable...

:stop: Do not be so confident in your use of "doable". Remember, There are already temp's in BIG 3 factories.

But I must say, You replied safely. :doh: My dogs are back in the kennel. Your head is not as far up your ass I originally thought, I apologize. Now I just have to reach up mine and retrieve. Remember? I said I was waiting? :hysterical:

So a strike of the Chrysler plants that weren't laid off has come and gone in 7 hours with Ron Gettlefinger declaring 'victory'.

This is just bizarre.

How do you draw 7 hours of strike pay? What if the strike didn't impact your work shift? Do you get a belated 7 hour strike?

If you're laid off (as apparently, half of Chrysler's assembly workers were), do you still get to picket?

I expect, judging by proportions, that Ford will get a one day strike, halfway between the GM strike and the Chrysler strike, befitting their status as the 2nd largest domestic.

So a strike of the Chrysler plants that weren't laid off has come and gone in 7 hours with Ron Gettlefinger declaring 'victory'.

This is just bizarre.

How do you draw 7 hours of strike pay? What if the strike didn't impact your work shift? Do you get a belated 7 hour strike?

If you're laid off (as apparently, half of Chrysler's assembly workers were), do you still get to picket?

I expect, judging by proportions, that Ford will get a one day strike, halfway between the GM strike and the Chrysler strike, befitting their status as the 2nd largest domestic.

Or maybe since Ford is last and this strike was shorter than the first, a strike at Ford will last between 10 - 15 minutes.

:stop: Do not be so confident in your use of "doable". Remember, There are already temp's in BIG 3 factories.

But I must say, You replied safely. :doh: My dogs are back in the kennel. Your head is not as far up your ass I originally thought, I apologize. Now I just have to reach up mine and retrieve. Remember? I said I was waiting? :hysterical:

Despite what Pioneer thinks, I'm not a big of jackass as he thinks...my father is semi-retired from Ford (skilled trades) and is wondering what he's wondering what he would have to do if they went on strike, since there is no plant left where he worked at ;)

I've seen and experienced second-hand the good and bad about being in a Union and had an offer to work at the plant, but went my own way, which worked out for the best for me...