ktp superduty

dogface

That's verrry interesting the dealer I ordered an SD from said the shutdown would not effect the truck because it was to be built at another plant. Is that fish I smell or a Bull..

KTP is the sole producer of the Superduty in the US..the ones made in Mexico stay there and aren't alowed in the US...that was the condition of our COA being passed last spring.

That's verrry interesting the dealer I ordered an SD from said the shutdown would not effect the truck because it was to be built at another plant. Is that fish I smell or a Bull..

car dealers will tell you anything to make a sale.didnt ya know that? your super duty will be made at ktp,which will be indicated on the window sticker,as well as a little sticker on the passenger side windshield.

also let me say youre gonna love it.dont let some of the things you might read on here sway you.the 08 super duty is the most bad-ass truck on the road today,bar none.if i hadnt just bought an 08 taurus i would be looking to replace my 03 super duty.i still love my truck,but the new ones are just that nice.

Check the VIN number of the truck you ordered...if it starts with a "1" it was assembled at KTP (Louisville, KY). Any other number and it was assembled south of the border.

Would anyone from KTP know why the majority of dealer lots in Michigan do not have any SD??? Are u guys behind schedule or what is the deal??

That is what we are all wondering....we have cut out an entire shift, have two weeks downtime and when we go back we are only scheduled 2-8 hour shifts...everyone we talk with wants our trucks, but management tells us sales are way down and they are just sitting on the lots. If sales don't pick up, our "C" crew will be gone the first of December...doesn't make any sense. People like you are telling us you can't get our trucks...we think it all has to do with the contract and are using that against us to make concessions...

That is what we are all wondering....we have cut out an entire shift, have two weeks downtime and when we go back we are only scheduled 2-8 hour shifts...everyone we talk with wants our trucks, but management tells us sales are way down and they are just sitting on the lots. If sales don't pick up, our "C" crew will be gone the first of December...doesn't make any sense. People like you are telling us you can't get our trucks...we think it all has to do with the contract and are using that against us to make concessions...

Doesn't make any sense at all.

We've all been "told" we're scheduled for a bunch of down weeks because the order bank has fallen, and the rate that orders come in has dropped.

Then we work overtime everyday for weeks.

Then we hear that people want our trucks but can't get them.

Yet we're "told" that we're just building basic dealer inventory.

I could get a better answer about what's going on at KTP if I called the local media......................

Doesn't make any sense at all.

We've all been "told" we're scheduled for a bunch of down weeks because the order bank has fallen, and the rate that orders come in has dropped.

Then we work overtime everyday for weeks.

Then we hear that people want our trucks but can't get them.

Yet we're "told" that we're just building basic dealer inventory.

I could get a better answer about what's going on at KTP if I called the local media......................

My dealer has had my order for an 08 F350 Crew for over 5 weeks now, and is still claiming that Ford is not scheduling. Its really starting to piss me off.

My dealer has had my order for an 08 F350 Crew for over 5 weeks now, and is still claiming that Ford is not scheduling. Its really starting to piss me off.

Can't figure it AT ALL.

How in the world can we be off two weeks, and yet people come on the board claiming they can't get a SD ordered because Ford won't schedule it?

Can't figure it AT ALL.

How in the world can we be off two weeks, and yet people come on the board claiming they can't get a SD ordered because Ford won't schedule it?

And then paint/body going back to two shifts after the break....management is setting it up for us to lose market share!!! Makes you wonder if Toyota is secretly paying off top management...lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any truth that an 08 SuperDuty should be ordered because the earlier ones off the production line had losts of problems that needed to be worked out. I am ordering one (from dealer lot) next week and want to make sure I am not making a mistake by not ordering it from the factory (I just don't want to wait).

I have an 06 F250 I am trading in for the new F450.