merge into 2 basic trades?

marty95

Did I read the GM and Chrysler aggrements right? By 2nd quarter of 2008 could there be only 2 trade groups, electrical and mechanical? What are your interpretations of these "WORK GROUPS"? What could this mean for the trades? Do I see massive cuts coming or am I missing something. I believe I seen a special skilled trades buyouts for affected trades. Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. What do you all see in these contracts. (NOT IN THE HIGHLIGHTS) :stats:

Edited by marty95

It looks like there will be work groups. Electrical is one, and every other trade would fall into mechanical. Almost like AAI.

You didn't read it wrong. This gets voted in, there will be massive cuts in the trades. Especially in GM's contract. They have provisions for outsourcing all building maintenance.

Can you post a copy of your highlights so we can understand what you are talking about. Thanks

Pages 276-278 of the actual Chrysler aggrement. The GM agreement had similar mention of trades "work groups". Has anyone one read these actual contracts? Not the "Highlights".

What the hell is first line?

Good question. I bet even the bargaining team doesn't know.

I will say this, any trades-person that votes/voted for either the GM or Chrysler contract, is basically voting to eliminate their own jobs. If there is anything like this in ours (and there will be) I am voting no. Anybody waiting on an apprenticeship list should vote no as well, because they will never get on course with these new rules. Outside contractors will flourish while we get laid off and have to revert back to the assembly line to keep our jobs.

Did I read the GM and Chrysler aggrements right? By 2nd quarter of 2008 could there be only 2 trade groups, electrical and mechanical? What are your interpretations of these "WORK GROUPS"? What could this mean for the trades? Do I see massive cuts coming or am I missing something. I believe I seen a special skilled trades buyouts for affected trades. Maybe I'm interpreting this wrong. What do you all see in these contracts. (NOT IN THE HIGHLIGHTS) :stats:

I suggest that you try to contact someone at OHIO ASSEMBLY'They had the same set up for12years and I believe that the tradesmen who worked under this set up were very upset when the International made Ford take it out.

I suggest that you try to contact someone at OHIO ASSEMBLY'They had the same set up for12years and I believe that the tradesmen who worked under this set up were very upset when the International made Ford take it out.

Instead of that just explain to us what they liked about it. Apparently you are aware of it.

Instead of that just explain to us what they liked about it. Apparently you are aware of it.

They had a modern operating agreement which this structuring was part of.They elected their own team leader who assigned their jobs therefore no one was assigned work outside his trade skills.They also used the

'helping hand:concept.They controlled their own overtime assignments.People on the floor could talk to the tradesmen directly about things they needed taken care of.They scheduled their own time off.They still had salaried people working with them but more in a support role .Iwill try and get one of the guys who were in this system to maybe put something on this thread.Again I will tell you that al l the one's that I have spoken to would go back to it in a heartbeat.

...... They controlled their own overtime assignments......They scheduled their own time off.....Again I will tell you that al l the one's that I have spoken to would go back to it in a heartbeat.

Well duh ! No wander they loved it so much. Anyway, this thread does reference Chrysler so we will have to wait to see what grand dreams the UAW has for us. The company may propose but its the union that brings it to us.

They had a modern operating agreement which this structuring was part of.They elected their own team leader who assigned their jobs therefore no one was assigned work outside his trade skills.They also used the

'helping hand:concept.They controlled their own overtime assignments.People on the floor could talk to the tradesmen directly about things they needed taken care of.They scheduled their own time off.They still had salaried people working with them but more in a support role .Iwill try and get one of the guys who were in this system to maybe put something on this thread.Again I will tell you that al l the one's that I have spoken to would go back to it in a heartbeat.

I guess you guys haven't heard of the IMT programs that Ford is pushing right now ? The trades are working real close to the production operators. So close they are made to run machines and do their trade!! Believe it !! Here at LEP our union volunteered us for this and you don't want anything to do with it !! We trades can't wait for this to come up on our local contract so we can vote it down and be done with it!! We never got the chance to vote on it before our local volunteered us to do this but now we will!! You also get departmental seniority with this so you lose all your bumping rights !! VOTE NO ON IMT!!!

I guess you guys haven't heard of the IMT programs that Ford is pushing right now ? The trades are working real close to the production operators. So close they are made to run machines and do their trade!! Believe it !! Here at LEP our union volunteered us for this and you don't want anything to do with it !! We trades can't wait for this to come up on our local contract so we can vote it down and be done with it!! We never got the chance to vote on it before our local volunteered us to do this but now we will!! You also get departmental seniority with this so you lose all your bumping rights !! VOTE NO ON IMT!!!

Then you better vote NO on the national contract cuz if you vote yes, we'll be in one of two areas. The luckier ones will be in flex teams similar to this IMT, and with the doing away of bldg maint., the unluckier ones will be on prod. with trade pay.

Does not sound as bad as I first thought. Hopefully not too many jobs at stake. Sounds like just a new way of approaching thier (Chrysler/GM) work. Have to wait and see what Ford has in mind. :shades:

looks like 3 trades

electrical mechanical

and other

all to be determined by Chrysler by the second quarter in February by a committee to be named later

after the vote of course

That is the second demonstration that they want us to ratify an open contract! The other one I saw was that they have until 120 days after a ratification vote to negotiate the definition of non-core, this is a bullsh-t agreement. I can't believe that the international would allow these negotiations to happen locally and after the contract has been ratified. It is an opportunity to divide and conquer. If you remember the company chose to negotiate the COA's at the local level because they know that we can not upset their entire system as we can at contract time. These definitions should not be handled at the local level and defiantly not after a ratification. They should have already been spelled out! Now add this to the two big points of contention VEBA, and a two tier, WOW!!!!!!!!

Edited by Furious1Auto

this negiotate later crap has always gone on.

now im seeing the white book ,and i finall get to see it in writing insteed of being suprisied later.

whhas not voted on a contract only to see it change when publishied later,and when you ask why the only answer I got is the langaunge had to be tweaked :rant:

I agree it should all be settled before I vote ,or let me vote again later on this other hanging chad.

That is the second demonstration that they want us to ratify an open contract! The other one I saw was that they have until 120 days after a ratification vote to negotiate the definition of non-core, this is a bullsh-t agreement. I can't believe that the international would allow these negotiations to happen locally and after the contract has been ratified. It is an opportunity to divide and conquer. If you remember the company chose to negotiate the COA's at the local level because they know that we can not upset their entire system as we can at contract time. These definitions should not be handled at the local level and defiantly not after a ratification. They should have already been spelled out! Now add this to the two big points of contention VEBA, and a two tier, WOW!!!!!!!!

Get ready!

:devil2: