ENTRY LEVEL IS NOT TWO TIER!!!!

level

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget their expense accounts. And, remember, those elected choose to do this. Nobody is forcing them.

Pioneer hits a homerun!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you wanted it, you got it!!!!!! Just as some people tell others on here---------------->if you think you are being taken advantage of, JUST QUIT!!!!!!! (which I don't agree with, I might add)

I agree that union reps SHOULD be compensated. They are SUPPOSED to do alot, especially the international. My only complaint is----------->we should get to choose who the hierarchy is. After all, once there, they virtually have a lifetime job, regardless of if they do anything or not.

After hearing what the public says about you hard workers because you are union, what do you think they would say about this totalitarian system the UAW has created for those on high??????????

And some of them have the gonads to come on here and tell you that this is not only good, but it should remain just as it is.

Would you please tell them THEY ARE OUT OF TOUCH WITH NOT ONLY A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE MEMBERSHIP, but continuing such a system like this is also OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY.

Obviously you don't understand.

#1.) They are all salary

#2.) They don't get overtime, and work well beyond what they get paid on many occasions. This includes strike support for any UAW plant, organizing drives for non ford plants, voting poll assignments and lobbying, picketing duties at some events, appearances at public forums....etc...

All on their own time.

I guess you would never know, but I find it hard to believe that a union who would never allow one of it's members to work a single tenth of an hour for free............would give so much of it's free time to it's membership.

#1.) Perhaps at Solidarity House, but at our plant the Chairman gets the top pay rate X 12hrs X 7 days. Our PC works his butt off but he also makes about 100K more than I will this year. And for #2.) Our appointed, our elected get 9hrs/day 5 days a week. The elected still get some Saturdays if theres any prod.running. There is also some kind of rotation of elected reps with the cleaners, so theres add'l $$. The drots are there to see. And if one is on 40 hrs VAC, they get those extra 5 hrs tacked onto the week they come back so they dont lose the ot even when they're not there.

And if our elected elitists are sharp enough , they'd know when they got elected about events they would be expected to help out with and the extra hrs involved. Its called part of the job, not free time.

#1.) Perhaps at Solidarity House, but at our plant the Chairman gets the top pay rate X 12hrs X 7 days. Our PC works his butt off but he also makes about 100K more than I will this year. And for #2.) Our appointed, our elected get 9hrs/day 5 days a week. The elected still get some Saturdays if theres any prod.running. There is also some kind of rotation of elected reps with the cleaners, so theres add'l $$. The drots are there to see. And if one is on 40 hrs VAC, they get those extra 5 hrs tacked onto the week they come back so they dont lose the ot even when they're not there.

And if our elected elitists are sharp enough , they'd know when they got elected about events they would be expected to help out with and the extra hrs involved. Its called part of the job, not free time.

Whining that they don't get over time is the same as my father complaining that he is on a fixed income. Yes he is but he collects 1 full medical retirement and 3 partial pensions while his wife gets a pension on top of the $47,000 salary she draws. they make roughly $176,000 a year, his fixed income is way more than most peoples variable income. Just as our International reps salary is a hell of allot more than we could ever make with plenty of overtime, and just as Ima pointed out it is guaranteed while our jobs are not!

Pioneer hits a homerun!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, you wanted it, you got it!!!!!! Just as some people tell others on here---------------->if you think you are being taken advantage of, JUST QUIT!!!!!!! (which I don't agree with, I might add)

I agree that union reps SHOULD be compensated. They are SUPPOSED to do alot, especially the international. My only complaint is----------->we should get to choose who the hierarchy is. After all, once there, they virtually have a lifetime job, regardless of if they do anything or not.

After hearing what the public says about you hard workers because you are union, what do you think they would say about this totalitarian system the UAW has created for those on high??????????

And some of them have the gonads to come on here and tell you that this is not only good, but it should remain just as it is.

Would you please tell them THEY ARE OUT OF TOUCH WITH NOT ONLY A LARGE PERCENTAGE OF THE MEMBERSHIP, but continuing such a system like this is also OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY.

That is not true...They do not have jobs for life!! At anytime anyone can run for any of the executive jobs of the International Union!! The only thing is that they get elected by the people you elect Locally!!

If your congress person submits a bill to congress, do you the tax payer get to vote on it? No....the person you elected votes on it!! How is this any different than the UAW does it?

Elect someone different to represent you, but anyone can run for President of the UAW!!

:banghead: You guys all piss and whine about what your elected reps get paid and don't do, then maybe instead of being whinny little bitches, maybe ,god forbid, some of you should run for office and make all your precious changes. good luck with that....Let us know when you get elected so we can all run to you're plant and get some r&r while you're in office, sounds like this place could be a blast to work.....

:banghead: You guys all piss and whine about what your elected reps get paid and don't do, then maybe instead of being whinny little bitches, maybe ,god forbid, some of you should run for office and make all your precious changes. good luck with that....Let us know when you get elected so we can all run to you're plant and get some r&r while you're in office, sounds like this place could be a blast to work.....

Hey, set it up so as we can RUN for the international, and you got a deal!!!!!

If your congress person submits a bill to congress, do you the tax payer get to vote on it?

Bad analogy. A better one for this situation would be that the people we elect to the Senate or Congress would vote for the President and Vice president.

The system we currently have is flawed. Unfortunately, it can only be changed from within, but nobody within the system wants it to change.