california fires

FYI.....Ford Motor Company immediately is donating 20 specially equipped vehicles -- 11 Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty trucks and nine Ford Expedition sport utility vehicles - to fire and rescue departments in some of the areas most devastated by the fires.

"Many Southern California Ford employees and Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers share the concerns of their neighbors as they also have been affected by this devastating fire," said Hal Dewsnap, Ford Lincoln Mercury Los Angeles regional manager. "Local fire and rescue officials told us they have an urgent need for heavy duty work trucks and SUVs. We located the 20 specially equipped vehicles at local dealerships and they are on their way to local fire and rescue squads."

Additionally, Ford Motor Company Fund is contributing $100,000 to the San Diego Chapter of the American Red Cross to help with relief efforts......VERY cool, and GREAT PR.....

Edited by Deanh

FYI.....Ford Motor Company immediately is donating 20 specially equipped vehicles -- 11 Ford F-250 and F-350 Super Duty trucks and nine Ford Expedition sport utility vehicles - to fire and rescue departments in some of the areas most devastated by the fires.

"Many Southern California Ford employees and Ford and Lincoln Mercury dealers share the concerns of their neighbors as they also have been affected by this devastating fire," said Hal Dewsnap, Ford Lincoln Mercury Los Angeles regional manager. "Local fire and rescue officials told us they have an urgent need for heavy duty work trucks and SUVs. We located the 20 specially equipped vehicles at local dealerships and they are on their way to local fire and rescue squads."

Additionally, Ford Motor Company Fund is contributing $100,000 to the San Diego Chapter of the American Red Cross to help with relief efforts......VERY cool, and GREAT PR.....

That's some great cheap publicity, plus the tax writeoff.

AND more importantly they were the first, no Toyotas or anyone else yet...will they follow?

I don't think Toyota should draw more attention to their shitty truck. Although, I'd love to read this headline: "Toyota Tundra falls apart transporting sandbags to firebreak."

I know, but so far so good. The weather looks fairly dry as usual for the next week. Also if I'm not mistaken I heard that it is going to be pretty dry around here for the next year or so.

one can only wish...with lack of trees erosion could be devastating....Malibu may be TOTALLY beach front.....sad....

Whenever I hear the, "Oh but my car is American, it's built in Marysville Ohio, by American workers"...I tell them to follow the money home. And by far, GM and Ford give back to the community in various methods, this being one of them. If Toyota is following suit it's because they are TRYING to be American, and even then, it's not with good intentions, rather, their agenda...