I,m pretty sure it was a base suspension car to boot.

Matthew

I'm sure it was too!!!

Guy driving deserves a medal, that sure is a lot of car to control!!

Without Hijacking your thread, some others from downunder.

Try this for a standard Falcon:

People say Six in a row don't go:

Edited by jpd80

Wow, talk about overkill with that 650hp CVPI! Entertaining, though. I also liked the Falcon videos.

I found another good acceleration run from a stoplight of a Crown Vic Sport, which seems consistent with the HPP package. That's why I've said before, 239 horsepower seems underrated to me. I wouldn't say it feels as fast as my '99 Mustang GT auto did and certainly not as quick as my '01 SVT Cobra, but its definitely stronger than the rating would seem to imply. I will say though that it sounds like a set of aftermarket mufflers are on there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83zMKdnLZ8o

Edited by Traveler

...239 horsepower seems underrated to me

...but its definitely stronger than the rating would seem to imply. I will say though that it sounds like a set of aftermarket mufflers are on there.

Thats because there is so much more too it than the HP number. Simply put, the 4.6 regardless of config pulls similar HP at similar RPM. Where the Cobra type engine shines is 4Vs and 50% more rpm. Its NOT exactly a linear correlation, but its close enough.

The above statement, oddly enough appears to apply against a fair bit of the competition as well :huh: which is definitely a surprise. I have also seen handling tests, where it was pretty clear that a stock CVPI ( pre '03 ) effectively trashed some of the Euro-luxo-sporty-etc... quite nicely.

I'm pretty sure the new '07 GM-LS is even better than the CVPI's in the handling department. Helps to be about 1" closer to the ground in those types of deals ;)

NOW; Everyone face Dearborn and repeat after me... LOUDLY NOW...;

We want DOHC4V4.6s with 6R80 tranny packages in all "panthers" and we want them NOW!

:hysterical:

Edited by SysEng

• 2 weeks later...
Sys Eng, did u forget about this law called CAFE? [Hate it all you want, but its not going away] It looks to be 35 mpg soon. Unless Panthers can suddenly be classifed as "trucks", you are not going to see this car with any big motors and see it last into the '10s.

CAFE is exactly what I've been preaching why Ford should stick with Panther through the foreseeable future. Why spend money building/importing a new RWD platform when the gubment and the libs are going to force us into golfcarts most likely anyway. Just update the Panthers.

Edited by Armada Master

Sys Eng, did u forget about this law called CAFE? [Hate it all you want, but its not going away] It looks to be 35 mpg soon. Unless Panthers can suddenly be classifed as "trucks", you are not going to see this car with any big motors and see it last into the '10s.

I also remember this law called "make a profit or die". Any bets that law outweighs any cr ;) p coming from DC? And pretty soon too?

If CAFE goes much higher that it is now ( 35mpg ? :huh: ), even the Focus/ Civic/ Sentras will be F__ked. Now how do you suppose that will work?

You think maybe I would buy a "welfare wagon"? :hysterical:

BTW, the reason why I call for low compression DOHC on a 4.6 ( and not a 5.4 or "hurricane" ) is precisely because of mileage. We "panther" mafiosi aren't interested in getting suckered by oil interests either. ;)

Edited by SysEng

CAFE is exactly what I've been preaching why Ford should stick with Panther thorugh the foreseeable future. Why spent money building/importing a new RWD platform when the gubment and the libs are going to force us into golfcarts most likely anyway. Just update the Panthers.

Totally agree! That Vic hauled ASS! See what a panther can do with a little tweaking good driver too! :burnout: