Lock / Unlock Confirmation

wildcat_1

All

My 07 expedition sounds the horn and flashes the lights when I lock it with the keyfob but does nothing when I unlock, is this correct or can this be programmed to do the same thing on unlock. I know on previous expeditions this could be programmed.

When I unlock with the key pad on the door at least the lights come on

Please let me know

Thanks

WC

The problem is that my dealer is saying they don't think you can do it which sounds kid of crazy considering it chirps on lock but does absolutely nothing on unlock. mine is not a limited so don't know about how much I can set myself and how much needs to be programmed. I thought this would be standard programming options

The problem is that my dealer is saying they don't think you can do it which sounds kid of crazy considering it chirps on lock but does absolutely nothing on unlock. mine is not a limited so don't know about how much I can set myself and how much needs to be programmed. I thought this would be standard programming options

Gee, I wonder what the owner's manual says?

All

My 07 expedition sounds the horn and flashes the lights when I lock it with the keyfob but does nothing when I unlock, is this correct or can this be programmed to do the same thing on unlock. I know on previous expeditions this could be programmed.

Please let me know

Thanks

WC

IF you have auto lights and they are set to auto, they should come on in the dark when you press unlock. The inside lights should always come on. Thats all that usually happens.

All

Please let me know

Thanks

WC

Hi Wildcat. :D I do not believe that the horns and lights can be programmed to honk and flash when you unlock your vehicle. They will only do this during locking. Most Factory alarms and Factory remote locking systems function in this manner.

Aftermarket systems are the ones that make all kinds of unnecessary noises.

Your Owners Manual states that you can program the lights to come on when you unlock, if they do not now. However, it also states that some Expeditions do not have this feature available. If you have the latest printing of the Expedition Owners Manual, you can access all programmable features by reading pages 145-160. All of the information is contained there.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Edited by bbf2530

IF you have auto lights and they are set to auto, they should come on in the dark when you press unlock. The inside lights should always come on. Thats all that usually happens.

Watch you talking about?! Everytime you unlock your car my Hallway light goes on or off!

Knock it off already!

Peace and Blessings

Hi Wildcat. :D I do not believe that the horns and lights can be programmed to honk and flash when you unlock your vehicle. They will only do this during locking. Most Factory alarms and Factory remote locking systems function in this manner.

Aftermarket systems are the ones that make all kinds of unnecessary noises.

Your Owners Manual states that you can program the lights to come on when you unlock, if they do not now. However, it also states that some Expeditions do not have this feature available. If you have the latest printing of the Expedition Owners Manual, you can access all programmable features by reading pages 145-160. All of the information is contained there.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Also, does your horn or lights flash when you single click lock?

The Fusion I rented only does that on a double click.

Same with the Impala I rented and my neighbors Odyssey.

Peace and Blessings