GEN pool

Wanderinglost

This could get very ugly when you throw all of the ACH Ford employees into the mix. Unless it's changed this contract, most ACH's are supposed to be closing in '08. Even with buyouts and attrition I don't believe they'll all be able to be placed in Ford plants in a one year time frame.

Another thing to remember is that the the guarantee of no plant closings is only good for the life of this contract...assuming they don't re-open it again. So it's possible that in 2011 those plants that were saved this time will be scheduled to close and then you'll have your one offer, one year. Are they going to be able to relocate entire facilities in one year? Are lower seniority people going to be taking your jobs because they were ILO'd first with shift reductions etc. I'd like to read the language but these are issues that could potentially screw over a lot of people.

Edited by DeezNutz

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This could get very ugly when you throw all of the ACH Ford employees into the mix. Unless it's changed this contract, most ACH's are supposed to be closing in '08. Even with buyouts and attrition I don't believe they'll all be able to be placed in Ford plants in a one year time frame.

Another thing to remember is that the the guarantee of no plant closings is only good for the life of this contract...assuming they don't re-open it again. So it's possible that in 2011 those plants that were saved this time will be scheduled to close and then you'll have your one offer, one year. Are they going to be able to relocate entire facilities in one year? Are lower seniority people going to be taking your jobs because they were ILO'd first with shift reductions etc. I'd like to read the language but these are issues that could potentially screw over a lot of people.

Check the language on the plant closing. It will have a loop hole phrase similar to "As the market dictates" It also will not prevent them from "idling" a plant.

Plus just heard there is still a 50 mile radius. And you will get 2 chances in zone. Not sure of out of zone yet.

Be thankful you get a second chance with Ford. Some people who got layed off didn't get one. Out in the real world, they don't get the opportunity to be in a "gen" pool, or to get the opportunity to transfer to another location.

Walmart does transfers! How more "real world" do ya want to get here?

My plant was closed and all but a couple of hundred people were placed or took the buyout. The others refused jobs in and out of zone so they were all offered something. In my case I drive an extra 30 min. and yes it cost me more in gas. It was my decision to stay and things are going well.

We all have issues to deal with and being mean to each other is sad. I have realized a long time ago that if you roll with the steam roller instead of standing in front of it life will be much easier. There are going to be jobs for you and you are just going to have to deal with it.

Like I said, my life has changed but I'm alive, happy and not worring about this stuff anymore. You do get over it. Stand tall and go for it.

Whats to stop Ford, in an effort to take full advantage of the 20% 2nd tier, from putting large numbers of current workers in the GEN (while they are rebuilding and restructuring) for 1 year and then 2 days later when that year has expired from hiring a whole slew of 2nd tier replacements. Leaving a whole lota of folks out in the cold. Do we still have call back rights? :banghead:

You are way off base, wait for the language. Also you have call back rights even if you are removed from gen. The highlights are on the uaw website and the whole agreement will be available to your committe people, ask questions you will be pleasently surprised. :happy feet:

Whats to stop them from doing shift layoffs due to plants not making enough money???? They are trying to lay off 450 people from my plant right now..FUCK FORD AND GETTLEFINGER my vote is NO!!!!!! This Gen proposal is total bullshit!! GM and Chrysler have more people in Gen than we do and they got better offers than us!! I will raise all kinds of hell with downtown and the media if I get screwed on this deal, as Ive stated, I CANNOT move out of state if that is what it comes down to. This contract is BULLSHIT and any one who approves this is a fool!! And these are only small portions of it!!
Are you fucking kidding or what? "raise..hell with...the media"? Over changes to GEN? Apparently you don't watch the national news or read forums outside of BOF. National media made a mockery out of GEN, to the point where even other union members outside of the UAW are infuriated with the idea of paying an employee indefinitely for doing nothing while on layoff. Oh cry me a fucking river - Big Three UAW are the only union members with anything like GEN, and Delphi's bankruptcy filing helped expose it for the financial drain it can become. You think "screwing" you out of GEN is going to hurt Ford car sales? How foolish - the existence of GEN helps drive car buyers to the nonunion competition. Open your damn eyes! Sorry about your situation with a special needs child, but either GEN goes, or we'll have even more salaried Ford managers going to their nearest Lexus and BMW dealers to add one more non-Ford brand to the family motor pool (I visited four high end foreign car dealerships, playing "undercover shopper", in suburban Detroit today - Meade Lexus in Southfield, Suburban Infinity & Suburban Acura, both in Farmington Hills, and Erhard BMW, also in Farmington Hills - all four of them claimed that 80% of their customers are spouses of Big Three execs that reuse to drive a Big Three car - most of them Ford execs - saw a customer few names I recognize). You hourly guys may wannt to learn to deal with the new reality.

Well if the above statement is true, then no wonder the big 3 are in trouble. If the executives cannot stop their spouses from driving a foreign car, what good are they? Come on be serious, would they really buy a brand off a competitor? We all know how honest car salesmen are right? I'm sure there are a few but no where near 80%. If my wife ever came home with a rice burner it better have enough room for her to haul all her shit away with it. Relax guys, the changes are not that bad if you want to work. I was pissed after reading the free press article like many, but as usual they got it wrong. Lets get the details and make an informed vote. It's really all we can do.

Are you fucking kidding or what? "raise..hell with...the media"? Over changes to GEN? Apparently you don't watch the national news or read forums outside of BOF. National media made a mockery out of GEN, to the point where even other union members outside of the UAW are infuriated with the idea of paying an employee indefinitely for doing nothing while on layoff. Oh cry me a fucking river - Big Three UAW are the only union members with anything like GEN, and Delphi's bankruptcy filing helped expose it for the financial drain it can become. You think "screwing" you out of GEN is going to hurt Ford car sales? How foolish - the existence of GEN helps drive car buyers to the nonunion competition. Open your damn eyes! Sorry about your situation with a special needs child, but either GEN goes, or we'll have even more salaried Ford managers going to their nearest Lexus and BMW dealers to add one more non-Ford brand to the family motor pool (I visited four high end foreign car dealerships, playing "undercover shopper", in suburban Detroit today - Meade Lexus in Southfield, Suburban Infinity & Suburban Acura, both in Farmington Hills, and Erhard BMW, also in Farmington Hills - all four of them claimed that 80% of their customers are spouses of Big Three execs that reuse to drive a Big Three car - most of them Ford execs - saw a customer few names I recognize). You hourly guys may wannt to learn to deal with the new reality.

You are somewhat right. I had no right to go off half cocked with nothing to go on but media spin! I apologise for letting my stress and anger get the better of me. I know quite a few people who have it alot worse than I do and I shutter to think they could be out of a job due to plant closures etc..also, I am very thankful for what I do have in my life and will always do what ever it takes to give my daughter a good life, and I will always look out for my fellow workers when I can. I also would like to see Ford turn it around and become profitable again in this country, and I will do what I can on my end of things. But I do not think that the execs and their wives are buying Lexus' and BMW's for anything other than the prestige of show. These cars represent the epitomy of money, thats it!! That has been going on for ages, people buying what represents wealth to them. I really do not think Ford employees have anything to do with that! The media seems to like to stir the pot and has been after the big three for years,from misleading info.about uaw workers to misleading consumers in idealizing foreign manufacturers. Finally the truth is coming out about our foreign competition and their lack of quality, and its about time! I truely hope Ford takes this opportunity, as well as GM and Chrysler to show this country that we are all about quality in every sense of the word! Again I do apologise for ranting this morning about the bogus media report, I know better than to believe that crap and like alot of others I fell right into it, next time ill have my coffee first!! It seems to get the old brain working properly!

Well if the above statement is true, then no wonder the big 3 are in trouble. If the executives cannot stop their spouses from driving a foreign car, what good are they? Come on be serious, would they really buy a brand off a competitor? We all know how honest car salesmen are right? I'm sure there are a few but no where near 80%. If my wife ever came home with a rice burner it better have enough room for her to haul all her shit away with it. Relax guys, the changes are not that bad if you want to work. I was pissed after reading the free press article like many, but as usual they got it wrong. Lets get the details and make an informed vote. It's really all we can do.

Yes they did lie through their fine print!!!!!!!! AS USUAL!!!!

Get over it.....The company will offer you a job where you are needed,whether that be in state or out of state...The company is not here to cater to you they are here to build vehicles and make money...If you can't move to the opening the company offers you then looks like you will be out of a job....You can not move out of state so guess the rules should be bent for you...

day late dollar short bud!!! try reading everything before commenting!! God some of you guys are piranhas..down boy...Ive already apologised for going off, Im not the only one in situations like this so show alittle compassion buddy!! I admit I freaked out for nothing..the article was bogus, but even if it was true I still shouldnt have lost it. But you can back off now dont ya think??God forbid you be in a situation and just spout off and someone attacks you for being human.... get a grip!!