Acura in a Tailspin. Sales Plummeting

range

I don't think that they ever had a prayer of shoe-horning a Ford MOD into any Honda/Acura engine compartment. I'm not going to speak of power levels, fuel efficiency, or NVH, just the logistics of cramming one of those beasts in there. Not gonna happen. The little Yamaha V8 would fit, as would some of Audi's compact V8s and W8s. Just sayin.

I don't think that they ever had a prayer of shoe-horning a Ford MOD into any Honda/Acura engine compartment. I'm not going to speak of power levels, fuel efficiency, or NVH, just the logistics of cramming one of those beasts in there. Not gonna happen. The little Yamaha V8 would fit, as would some of Audi's compact V8s and W8s. Just sayin.

I believe the GM LS1 would fit though. I saw once the size comparison of the OHV LS1 to the Miata engine. You could almost fit the LS1 into a Miata, it was funny stuff. In fact...let me find a link to the actual Miata with an LS1 in it. 400hp Miata = LOLriot.

Lincoln's are nothing but overpriced Fords for grayed hair old bastards that should of died 5 years ago.

Anyways, Isn't Lincoln trying to be like Acura, being FWD and no RWD performance vehicles.

Audi?

people LOVE to forget Audi ... LOVE TO ..

Igor

Audi?

people LOVE to forget Audi ... LOVE TO ..

Igor

Because unlike Ford, someone at Audi knows how to market the hell out of something. In Audi's case it's Quattro.

Anyhow I'd venture to say that more than half the A4s/A6s sold in the South Florida market are FWD CVTs. As a matter of fact, I had to jump up and down to get Audi of America to allocate a Quattro the way I wanted it down here.

And while we are at it Volvo is in the same boat.

I believe the GM LS1 would fit though. I saw once the size comparison of the OHV LS1 to the Miata engine. You could almost fit the LS1 into a Miata, it was funny stuff. In fact...let me find a link to the actual Miata with an LS1 in it. 400hp Miata = LOLriot.

C'mon guys, I was kidding! Although I do like the MOD, (as a car engine) I DO know it's too big dimensionaly to fit in may places. However, it did once reside between the fenders of a Taurus based FWD Lincoln!

A taurus BASED fwd lincoln. If you took a tape measure to the taurus engine bay, then to the continental engine bay, you'd find some differences. Wheelbase too.

As to the LS1 miata, don't know about those, but I have personally ridden in a MegaMiata that had a H.O. 5.0L "SBF" under the hood. The term "wicked quick" was given meaning by that vehicle.

IMO i think there is another underlying Honda/Acura issue: people buying fully loaded Accords often cross shop and also look at the TSX and TL at the same time. They then are turned off by the TL's horribly rough ride (esp. with the summer tires) and the TSX's poor gas mileage compared to its size. They realize that its a much smarter idea to get an Accord over any Acura and save the money, still get the performance, and get basically the same or nicer interior than what is in the TL and TSX. I know two people that did just that and another who WISHES that they got an Accord after having an 04 TL for these past 3 years on the ride alone. That and the fact that their is a HONDA decal or whatever on all the side windows of her TL that she paid $36,000 for. I don't think i've seen that on any other car company before. (its the little things that count these days...thats why America is so messed up nowadays!)

and what the hell are Mustang window stickers doing on here???? I don't even have those anywhere on my computer!

post-11790-1131572227_thumb.jpg

1ZVFT82H165147178.pdf

1ZVFT82H365160689.pdf

1zvft85h465137692.pdf

1zvht85h365160924.pdf

Edited by 03Ltd.Windstar

Why not just shutdown Acura?

Thats a good question.

People ask that question about Mercury all the time, and Mercury has actually surpassed Acura in sales!!! And how many models does Mercury offer compared to Acura? LOL

For 2007, Mercury is up 25% and Acura is down 19%.

Acura continues to slip in sales and relevance to the marketplace.

Thats a good question.

People ask that question about Mercury all the time, and Mercury has actually surpassed Acura in sales!!! And how many models does Mercury offer compared to Acura? LOL

For 2007, Mercury is up 25% and Acura is down 19%.

Acura continues to slip in sales and relevance to the marketplace.

A few years ago Acura was in big trouble, but then somehow reinvented itself. Now it looks like it will have to do it again. I believe it will be harder this time around just like Ford is finding out in this hyper competitive market. You can't afford to screw up anymore in this economy or you will be history quickly.

A taurus BASED fwd lincoln. If you took a tape measure to the taurus engine bay, then to the continental engine bay, you'd find some differences. Wheelbase too.

As to the LS1 miata, don't know about those, but I have personally ridden in a MegaMiata that had a H.O. 5.0L "SBF" under the hood. The term "wicked quick" was given meaning by that vehicle.

Sounds like a modern day Sunbeam Tiger. Cool :shift:

Acura has failed to lauch a successful vehicle in a long time and is lagging in technology and design.

The RL is beyond a joke, the new MDX is stale already, and the RDX was a big flop.

Acura (and Honda) has failed to deliver a 6 speed automatic to the market, even though lower end cars have had the technology for years.

I think Honda is still feeling the pain from their HUGE transmission failure problem. Honda spent a lot of resources just trying to get their old 5 speed auto to be reliable.

Honda is also still suffering from the problems with their cancelled CVT transmission. Just three weeks ago Honda announced a campaign to repair the defective CVTs in Civics.

They are suffering from Forditis. Not enough engine to move ever increasing vehicle sizes, and no RWD car platforms. I don't know why people think they are such a high-tech company, they use the most basic and dated VVT systems and carry-over platforms. Is it the push-button start or what?