07 Sport Trac

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been checking the web sites for the local dealers around me for the last couple weeks and hadn't been having any luck finding any Sport Tracs in stock anywhere within a 50 mile radius until today. Now the dealership closest to where I work has 3 XLTs in stock and another dealership a little further away has a Limited. They're all V6s and I was leaning more towards the V8 (don't really need it, just like the idea of having the extra power....), but at least this gives me a chance to see one in person and I'd be able to see what the ride is like.

I'm glad I got my taxes taken care of this weekend. Maybe I'll spend some time taking a test drive or two next weekend. :happy feet:

I think that the SportTrac V6 and V8 will have the same mileage ratings, as they do in the Explorer Limited RWD.

It was a rainy and cold (for southern CA) this weekend, so I also did our taxes this weekend -too many laws, lawyers, and bureaucrats to feed.

My local dealer has two XLT V6s, a Black 4WD and a Redfire RWD, I wish Ford would update their website now that they're sitting on dealer lots - the Sport Trac portion of the website contains little in the way of information, and I would like to see what it looks like in different colors... Yeah, the regular Explorer info should be similar, but it would be nice to be able to find real info on the Sport Trac on Ford's site.

My local dealer has two XLT V6s, a Black 4WD and a Redfire RWD, I wish Ford would update their website now that they're sitting on dealer lots - the Sport Trac portion of the website contains little in the way of information, and I would like to see what it looks like in different colors... Yeah, the regular Explorer info should be similar, but it would be nice to be able to find real info on the Sport Trac on Ford's site.

The person in charge of the web site must have gotten a cardboard box on his desk last month. I mean is this the way foward?? Sport Tracs on the lots and dealers have no brochures and fordvehicles.com has no info. Check out the Toyota web site, you can build and price a 2007 Camry. Not that I want one but at least they got up to date info for you. Ford is truly all talk.

I actually test drove a Limited 4.6L 4x4 last Saturday at Legacy Ford in Brunswick, OH. Beautiful Black Cherry exterior with the two-tone leather. It was fully loaded with the exception of the bed extender cage. MSRP was over $35K. Very smooth ride, very quiet interior, adequate power from the V-8 and the 6-speed auto shifted without any drama. However, I was a little disappointed when I opened the hood after my test drive. I left the truck running in the dealer's lot as I wanted to check out the layout of the 4.6. I was very shocked by the amount of noise coming from the top end of the motor. I could not tell if it was valvetrain or injector related but it was loud! The salesman even commented at how bad it sounded. But you could not hear any of that from inside the cab. Is this normal for the 3 valve? We tried to find another V-8 Explorer for comparison but all they had were V-6's. So the only thing we could think of was a Mustang GT but the exhaust was so loud that it drowned out any noise from the engine even with the hood open! Lol.

I was ready to place an order until I found out that the power rear window (backlight) is not yet available. I am willing to wait until I can get this option. Do any of the Ford people on the board know when this will be available or why it is not? That was one of the selling points of the previous model so I would imagine Ford would plan to offer it as soon as possible.

I was ready to place an order until I found out that the power rear window (backlight) is not yet available. I am willing to wait until I can get this option. Do any of the Ford people on the board know when this will be available or why it is not? That was one of the selling points of the previous model so I would imagine Ford would plan to offer it as soon as possible.

The Ford website (Which finally has been updated) says July availability on the rear window...

The Ford website (Which finally has been updated) says July availability on the rear window...

I just checked the Ford sight and under Exterior Features/Windows and Glass it states "May 1" for the power down rear window. However, it does say July for the navigation system. Good news. I'll have to check with the dealer, but if I place my order in the next few weeks I can probably get one built with the power window.

:happy feet:

We are supposed to start installing the power back glass towards the end of this month(March). May delivery sounds about right. You are not the only one. Several customers are waiting for Ford to roll out this option.

Edited by Calvin@LAP

We are supposed to start installing the power back glass towards the end of this month(March). May delivery sounds about right. You are not the only one. Several customers are waiting for Ford to roll out this option.

From all the indicators it seems as though Ford released the Sport Trac a little sooner than they may have first planned. Things like the power rear window, nav system, the fact that the website was not ready before the vehicles were in the showrooms, etc. What happened to make them release the truck at this time? Could it have been that since the Sport Trac sales are lumped in with the Explorer numbers they might have been trying to boost the sales figures for the Explorer to stop some of the negative press??

It has always been like that for the Sport Trac. Ford has never gave it the full court press. It's like they want it to be popular but not too popular. I don't have a clue why but that's the way it seems.

It is a very nice vehicle inside and out.

Edited by Calvin@LAP

It has always been like that for the Sport Trac. Ford has never gave it the full court press. It they want it to be popular but not too popular. I don't have a clue why but that's the way it seems.

It is a very nice vehicle inside and out.

In the past, Ford has never really been able to push the Trac. With demand for Explorer SUVs keeping both plants at capacity, it really couldn't produce more of them, so promoting the Trac wouldn't have made much sense.

Things may be different this time. Ford needs a presense in the four-door, small truck arena that it's not getting with the Ranger, and it has excess capacity in Louisville to up production.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a Sport Trac commercial or two by the summer.

Bob

I will probably order a new Limited V8 (have to drive them first), but if Ford really wants to goose up the sales, they need to offer a longer bed/box, put the old Ford station wagon tailgate design Honda is using on it (swings down or out), and put a large storage under the bed at the rear of the truck, also as Honda has done.

I will probably order a new Limited V8 (have to drive them first), but if Ford really wants to goose up the sales, they need to offer a longer bed/box, put the old Ford station wagon tailgate design Honda is using on it (swings down or out), and put a large storage under the bed at the rear of the truck, also as Honda has done.

I realize the differences between the Trac and the Honda/Mini Avalanche but it would have been great if Ford had been able to go for broke and made the Trac a one piece body with a Midgate style access to the back of the cab. :idea:

Seems strange the sport trac is delaying the nav system when for all practical purposes it's the same as the Explorer which has had nav since oh August of 2005?

Saw a base one at Bowen Scarff in Kent, looked nice, but would like to see one loaded.

Drove a 4.6L V8 on the weekend, A home run except for no sliding rear window and the distortion through the the heated windshield!

If there was distortion in the heated windshield, the windshield is defective. There shouldn't be any distortion at all. Distortion is an issue you have with heated windshields...only drawback. The issue has come about throughout the launch. We have sorted for distortion in heated windshields a few times.

Wanted to add...the main reason Ford does not and will not advertise the Sport Trac...possibility of losing F-150 sales to the Sport Trac. They don't want to task any chance of the F-150 lose its sales title. They happy with this vehicle being a limited selling specialty unit; it also keeps the residual one of the highest of any automobile.